How many people would come to a Muse Concert in Canada?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How many people would come to a Muse Concert in Canada?

• 1- 500 people
    • 501-1000 people
    • 1001- 5000 people
    • 5001-10,000 people

This is so upsetting. It is upsetting because not only did I want to go but three of my friends are also fans (with the help of me). I'm beyond freaking out and confused. I don't know how I feel now.

I just hope that everyone who is a big fan and really wants to see them, can see them. That's it. Not asking for much.....

listening to the edge right now, and booky was just talking about how "the muse" (sic) was a part of the "next big thing" weekend that they have going on this weekend...he said that they would be playing cuts from absolution and that "that record is gonna get big here soon"...anyways, he announced that the edge was having a free show with "the muse" at the mod club on april 19th, and he specifically said that the only way to go is to listen and win.

so everything we know has now been officially confirmed. boo.

rivum

The one time I was lucky enough to win tickets to a show, I was too young to get in. Nazis. And usually enough luck just to get through their lines. I better have that luck a second time around. If I don't see Muse while they're here, I'll cut my heart out with a spoon.

Do they give tickets out in pairs? I say we rally a buddy system. If someone gets through, their buddy gets the second ticket. :'( I'm willing to do anything man, ANYTHING.

Time Is Running Out was just on the Wedge! Niceness :D

From my experiences with the Inside Edge, yes, you normally win tickets in pairs.

P.S. this is now what's up on edge.ca a/b the show:

Monday April 19, 2004

NEXT BIG THING CONCERT SERIES

MOD CLUB THEATRE

Featuring MUSE. You've heard the Next Big Thing weekends, and now we're bringing you a series of concerts featuring bands that you might not have heard of, but we think rock!

Tickets: You have to win to get in! Starting on Monday, April 5th you can enter on the Inside Edge for your chance to win tickets or listen for more chances.

Looks like it's all ages. They're gonna have to gate up the bar, hehe.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Love that video, although it's really strange seeing Muse on North American TV!

I agree, but I hope they start showing them more. Personally, I REALLY love the video for Hysteria, Justin Theroux makes it extra yummy, lol. Edge is dubbing Muse the next big thing, I don't know what to make of that just quite yet.

Cool! That's what I have to say about Muse being on Much Music!

Unfortunately I am somewhat idiotic. I called the edge tonight at 10pm. Their office hours are 8am to 6pm M to F. I left a message on the producers voice mail. What else could I do...I'll have to call back at 8am Monday... or before at 7:30am.

whoah. muse on much.

WEIRD.

"I think I'm drowning, asphyxiated....i wanna break this spell that you've created........" Im just estatic!!! cant believe Muse was on tv.. ITS ABOUT BLOODY TIME MUCH MUSIC! Now all they have to do is get Muse on the intimate and interactive show when they come down here..that would be awesome. I just want to thank kaelala and everyone else for their muse news update..thank god for the internet. Anyhow, i think its a bunch of POOP that we have to win these tickets..i dont see the Montreal Gig doing this circus act..mind that their tix are sold out. Well while we wait for more details on Monday..perhaps this link will give u Musers some joy in the meantime..its a stream live concert video of Muse at the Carling Academy, Islington UK. Hope it loads well for you lot. Cheers

http://www2.xfm.co.uk/staticweb/avplayers/muse/muse.html?playhigh

As much as I hate planning this cause it shouldn't have turned out this way in the first place.......... :mad:

How many tickets will everyone be needing so we could figure out how many pairs we need to get everyone in? Cause even if I win a pair of tickets I have others (my boyfriend, and my friend) that will keep trying to win.

I will need a pair + 1 for my friend.

So if me, my boyfriend and my friend, win more than 1 pair we will have at least 1 ticket to give to someone who needs it. :)

I just want to figure out how many extra tickets we may have if someone wins....will everybody be needing pairs?

Also, how many people actually live in or near Toronto who could listen to the edge?

Record of who needs what # of tickets.

Canadian = 2 Tickets (+ 1 if possible)

Libra = 2 Tickets

allzpalz = 1 Ticket

aryka = 1 Ticket

RedRoses = 1 Ticket (+1 if possible)

Madchester = 2 Tickets

Kaelala = 1 Ticket (+1 if possible)

monkypunk = 1 Ticket (if not 19+)

HoBag = 2 Tickets

Info taken from poll...

Batphantom = 2 Tickets

VisablexXxnoise = 2 Tickets

KittenintheSnow = 2 Tickets

SarahB = 2 Tickets

Jayomatic = 2 Tickets

Well, if I had it my way, we could buy tickets, and I'd buy like 8, as I've gotten some people hooked on muse.

BUT, if neither aryka or I win a pair, I'd need one, and aryka would need one.

I can't get to the edge anytime soon (verry busy), but I'll try to turn off my muse/bowie for the radio.

Oh, yeah, aryka and I are definetely in the area.

1. I need two tickets but would be happy with one...

2. I have a chicago ticket if someone wants it...

3. I'm not super busy but really don't have a way of listening to the edge on the radio unless there is a way to listen online...I'll just have to call back on the 5th and check on the internet...

4. Oh and thanks Flipsy for the link it rocks!! Matty looks like he gained weight or muscle good for him...I was afraid he was going to fall over and die sometime...which would have been the most horrible day!

5. I don't have cable tv no much music for me :(

Well, if I had it my way, we could buy tickets, and I'd buy like 8, as I've gotten some people hooked on muse.

BUT, if neither aryka or I win a pair, I'd need one, and aryka would need one.

I can't get to the edge anytime soon (verry busy), but I'll try to turn off my muse/bowie for the radio.

Oh, yeah, aryka and I are definetely in the area.

I need two tickets, one for me and one fo rmy sister is the show is an all ages. But if it isa 19+ show then one is enough, though I would like to bring my friend with me.

Oh! and thank you flipside for the linkage, jebus, the concert and muse look beautiful! hehe

Okay there are two things here that I can NOT GET OVER.

a) Other Muse HMVers showing up here. That's awesome. I am from 852 and I watch Muse on the StockFinder occasionally to see what kind of action they're getting and there sure has not been a lot. (This is before the domestic release of Absolution, mind you) I know I was the only store that had Showbiz model stocked for a while anyway. I have not checked for a while. Yeah, selling copies of Muse at work has become a bit of a game for me.

Anyway,

b) MUSE MAY 10TH AT RICHARDS ON RICHARDS

I got my tickets the other day.. I can not get over Muse playing in that little place, what massive change of pace that is going to be coming from Coachella. Well, as if I didn't already have enough trouble sleeping...

I have a few things on my mind....

1.) Only 16 days left till the concert. :eek:

(I'm not sure if I'm feeling like this :D or like this :'( )

2.) Make sure you are signed up with the Inside Edge as the contest starts tommorow.

3.) I wonder what "listen for more chances to win" really means. :confused:

As soon as anyone finds out what the other chances are (calling in?) post it here.

3.) I wish everyone luck with getting tickets. :)

4.) Hopefully by the end of this week we have people posting that they've won tickets.... :D

Do you think I used enough %$#@# smiles? :LOL:

"I feel your pain.

This is a show that was set up by the record label. Because it's a free show (i.e. they're not charging admission), the only way for anyone to cover costs is by selling booze. It's just one of those compromises that had to be made. "

from alan cross.

SHIT.

My friend was listening to Edge today and she heard someone on air call Muse, The Muse. WHY? lol!

Maybe there's a band in North America called Muse, like Bush-X having to be call Bush. Then again, like MuchMusic, they're just being idiots and are stck in the habit of putthing a 'the' in front of everything.

Good luck everyone :D

Record of who needs what # of tickets.

Canadian = 2 Tickets (+ 1 if possible)

Libra = 2 Tickets

allzpalz = 1 Ticket

aryka = 1 Ticket

Madchester = 2 Tickets

monkypunk = 1 Ticket (if not 19+)

HoBag = 2 Tickets

Info taken from poll...

Batphantom = 2 Tickets

SarahB = 2 Tickets

Jayomatic = 2 Tickets

LESH = 1 TICKET. I WILL PAY YOU FOR YOUR SECOND, SERIOUSLY. And I will gladly give anyone my second if you are as eager about this show as I am!

Updated record of who needs what # of tickets.

Canadian = 2 Tickets (+1 if possible)

Libra = 2 Tickets

Madchester = 2 Tickets

HoBag = 2 Tickets

Lesh = 1 Ticket

flipside = 2 Tickets

rivum = 1 Ticket (+1 if possible)

cezzz = 2 Tickets (+1 if possible)

Info taken from poll...

Batphantom = 2 Tickets

SarahB = 2 Tickets

Jayomatic = 2 Tickets

(I've taken off names under the age of 19)

The show is 19+

We "only" need 31 tickets to get everyone in........and at least 26 Tickets to satisfy us.....

Here's the link to the Inside Edge.....

THE INSIDE EDGE

Good Luck!!! :D

Archived