How many people would come to a Muse Concert in Canada?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How many people would come to a Muse Concert in Canada?

• 1- 500 people
    • 501-1000 people
    • 1001- 5000 people
    • 5001-10,000 people

Next Big Thing Concert Series featuring Muse

102.1 the Edge presents the Next Big Thing Concert Series featuring Muse. You've heard the Next Big Thing weekends, and now we're bringing you a series of concerts featuring bands that you might not have heard of, but we think rock!

So enter below for your chance to win tickets to the first instalment of the Next Big Thing Concert Series featuring Muse! Their new record, Absolution has already gone platinum in the UK and now they're bringing their distinct BritRock sound to North America!

The show is April 19th at Mod Club Theatre and the only way to get in is to win tickets! So enter now!

Minimum Entry Age: 19

YOU ENTERED 4/5/2004 7:05:00 AM

LoL..i just entered the contest, god damn, too bad i cant wait any longer to wait for my email that they say will send about more of this hoopla..got to get my arse to work..

Oh by the way..i need 2 tickets PLEASE!!

According to the updated list, I am the only person willing to go alone! I think after this emotional experience, a meetup should be in order. *sniff* Canadian fans are the best! We're in this together! If Muse only knew what their coming means to us. If the demand is high enough, maybe they'll come back! Or tack on another show! *is hopeful* :(

I just got my friend to join the Inside Edge as well. So now my chances of a ticket have instantly doubled :p

Good luck everyone! Don't forget about me! ;)

i'll be listening to the radio every day at work, so i'll keep everybody posted on what is said there. there was a little promo ad that aired about half an hour ago that basically said the only way to win is to sign up for the inside edge.

oh, and i'll need me +1 tickets if anyone wins extras :)

one thing i'm thinking though...if it's a situation where the people who win have their names put on a guest list instead of actually having tickets sent to them, it's gonna get a little tricky. that said, i'm up for a little identity fraud ;)

rivum

I'll probably go on my own too. But we'll all be there together hopefully :)

According to the updated list, I am the only person willing to go alone! I think after this emotional experience, a meetup should be in order. *sniff* Canadian fans are the best! We're in this together! If Muse only knew what their coming means to us. If the demand is high enough, maybe they'll come back! Or tack on another show! *is hopeful* :(

I just got my friend to join the Inside Edge as well. So now my chances of a ticket have instantly doubled :p

Good luck everyone! Don't forget about me! ;)

i'll be listening to the radio every day at work, so i'll keep everybody posted on what is said there. there was a little promo ad that aired about half an hour ago that basically said the only way to win is to sign up for the inside edge.

oh, and i'll need me +1 tickets if anyone wins extras :)

one thing i'm thinking though...if it's a situation where the people who win have their names put on a guest list instead of actually having tickets sent to them, it's gonna get a little tricky. that said, i'm up for a little identity fraud ;)

rivum

I doubt it will be a guest list....tickets are just so much easier...... :D

hey how'd you do that?

Next Big Thing Concert Series featuring Muse

102.1 the Edge presents the Next Big Thing Concert Series featuring Muse. You've heard the Next Big Thing weekends, and now we're bringing you a series of concerts featuring bands that you might not have heard of, but we think rock!

So enter below for your chance to win tickets to the first instalment of the Next Big Thing Concert Series featuring Muse! Their new record, Absolution has already gone platinum in the UK and now they're bringing their distinct BritRock sound to North America!

The show is April 19th at Mod Club Theatre and the only way to get in is to win tickets! So enter now!

Minimum Entry Age: 19

YOU ENTERED 4/5/2004 7:05:00 AM

LoL..i just entered the contest, god damn, too bad i cant wait any longer to wait for my email that they say will send about more of this hoopla..got to get my arse to work..

Oh by the way..i need 2 tickets PLEASE!!

Even though it's 19+ Im not giving up hope. I will change my inside edge age so I can at elast enter the contest, and I will BEG Joel tonight to either find me tickets somehow, or get himself on the guestlist and bring me. Cus I figure, if he's on the guestlist, and he's obviously over 19 (almost 26), would they question me too much? I could probably slip in beside him...He could make it..my birthday present to him..haha, that doens't really work, but oh well, I have to go!

Okay, I have more info on the tickets that Edge is giving away....

They have around 150 - 200 tickets available and it will be one big random draw on April 12 (Next Monday). At that point all the winners will be notified via email.

So lets just hope that we all recieve emails from The Edge next Monday.... :D

they just aired the promo on the edge again.

so weird to hear time is running out when i didn't put a cd in ;)

one thing i thought was funny - they describe muse as "think radiohead before they sold their distortion pedals" lol

rivum

they just aired the promo on the edge again.

so weird to hear time is running out when i didn't put a cd in ;)

one thing i thought was funny - they describe muse as "think radiohead before they sold their distortion pedals" lol

rivum

LOL!!! :LOL: I wish I could have heard that....

Okay, I have more info on the tickets that Edge is giving away....

They have around 150 - 200 tickets available and it will be one big random draw on April 12 (Next Monday). At that point all the winners will be notified via email.

So lets just hope that we all recieve emails from The Edge next Monday.... :D

For the love of Muse....Where did u get this info from?? 150-200 tickets only?? A random draw?? That is definitely a hurting unit... Ahh man, my anxiety is reaching its highest peak :eek: cheers for the info.

150 tickets might not be that bad....many people might not enter the contest right? Also everyone only has a week to enter. At least it's not a month. I do wish they would have some sort of skill testing question about muse to pick out the real fans from everyone who enters.

I almost wish they would stop promoting it on air to stop general people from entering. :D

This week is going to be a very long one.

It's like we're waiting to be sentenced. :(

The gig will be LOUSY with Industry wags. They live for this kind of show. I'm 30, so clearly 19+ isn't an issue, but I know how shitty it is to be underage wanting to see the band you love. Hell, I could have seen the Barenaked Ladies WAY before they went huge, but I couldn't get into the university pub.

I figure worst case, they'll be back in the fall at the Kool Haus or a similar club. But DAMN I want to see this. As long as everyone and their dog doesn't enter the contest as a lark, we shouldn't have a problem. Hell, I'd imagine that just showing up at Mod Club early on Monday might see you getting in, since most people who win won't bother going.

i think bat phantom is sorta right abou the Industry bigwig thing. if Edge only has 150-200 tickets that means since they normally give them out in pair they'll be 75-100 winners but since the Mod Club has mor space then it's letting on they'll prolly be a lot of industry ppl there includin ghte like of radio station ppl, MuchMusic possibly, definutely Chart Magazine, Edge personalities and then the Record company types.

If all else fails for us, we can go protest and cause a fit. This whole process is unjust.

Are they giving away any tickets by phone?

Or does anyone who want to win them have to enter online via the Inside Edge?

By the sounds of it, (from listening to the edge and phoning in) you could only enter by going online and entering via the inside edge. I guess they changed their minds from when they said "listen to the edge for more chances". Which kinda sucks.

As for the 150-200 tickets...I didn't believe it either. I phoned the Mod Club last weekend and that's what they told me. But since the Mod Club hasn't been really consistent in the past (with knowing what's going on) I had to phone the edge and ask the same question to back up their answer. :)

There will have to be another way to get in. People that win may sell their tickets at the door or the Mod Club may just let a certain # of people in. Or we could stake out and wait for the tour bus and tell Matt to sneek us in........ :D

Will they even play a full-length gig at the Mod Club? I have this feeling that they're only going to play a shortened setlist, since it's like some one-off event. It is a free event...

So far it seems like it will be full-length....it better not be a shortened setlist.

Imagine we all won tickets then we get there and they play all of five songs? *shudders at the thought*

Anybody have any good news???

There is only 6 more days till we find out if any of us are going or not....

So far it seems like it will be full-length....it better not be a shortened setlist.

i really can't imagine it being a short set list...there's really no reason why it should be...i mean, they're coming all the way out here, why would they only do a half hour set??

as for the number of tickets...are we sure it's only 150-200 tickets, and not 150-200 pairs or tickets?

rivum

Looks like they've moved the Montreal show to the Spectrum, and there are tickets available. I guess anyone capable of a road trip should look into that as an option. Alternatively, DO NOT GO TO DETROIT. It's a shithole, and my friends went down for the Wolfsheim concert last week, and had some, shall we say, issues. Not worth it, even for a free Muse show.

Looks like they've moved the Montreal show to the Spectrum, and there are tickets available. I guess anyone capable of a road trip should look into that as an option. Alternatively, DO NOT GO TO DETROIT. It's a shithole, and my friends went down for the Wolfsheim concert last week, and had some, shall we say, issues. Not worth it, even for a free Muse show.

And where are these Montreal tickets available exactly?

I tried to phone Edge again but they transfered me to voicemail. Could someone else give it a try re: 150 - 200 tickets or pairs of tickets??? I'm at work right now and can't really try calling again.

Phone #416-408-3343

Just a warning: The people who I've spoken to aren't very talkative.

Archived