holy crap, you guys are so @#$%& hysterical!!!

They extended the activation time for a reason, not to test us.

Wtf are you guys whining about, we got TWO singles for FREE !!!

I personally wouldn't mind actually paying for music by such an amazing band like Muse. But that's just me.

You know, let's just strip away all the speculation and go with the facts we know:

Choice 1 - Activate: We get an mp3 download of a song we're already going to hear in two months, on top of the fact we'll be getting their new hit at the beginning of August.

Choice 2 - Don't Activate: ????

The unknown is more interesting to me.

I'm with you on not activating it... but this is so damn confusing... honestly I don't know anymore what to do... :confused:

But what keeps me thinking we should resist is that we don't know what will happen. I mean even if we're not supposed to resist what are Muse going to do??? telling us how they disappointed they are about the outcome of the treasure hunt??? I doubt that. Maybe they don't want us to resist and maybe they do want us to... maybe what's going on right now is just exactly what this is all supposed to be about: confusing everyone and igniting a huge discussion about what's the right thing to do and what's not. Just to show us that there isn't THE right thing to do...

Just a thought :$

This is still a test.

The album title, The Resistance. This is it. We're The Resistance. Collectively, we've decided not to activate NY, knowing full well what the positive consequences of activating it would be. We've researched the Grand Chessboard, we've had debate, and we believe it's the right decision to not activate it. We've united behind that way of thinking, even if one person can change it for all of us. We're prepared to not hear Collateral Damage.

Why would a Resistance exist if there was nothing to Resist? We've made a decision, and we should stand by it. Matt knew what he was doing, and I'm sure this scenario has been planned for.

We weren't all united behind that decision - I wanted activation all along, 20% of the board did, but it's been great fun!:D

We weren't all united behind that decision - I wanted activation all along, 20% of the board did, but it's been great fun!:D

I think you missed the point.

The poll went up, and the results were pretty resounding. We, The Resistance, didn't want it activated. We wanted the unknown. Sure it wasn't a unanimous decision, but collectively our will was known. Our will, our decision, ultimately went ignored

I personally wouldn't mind actually paying for music by such an amazing band like Muse. But that's just me.

Of course it's not just you!

Why do you think tons of people were against activating?

because they were going to buy it anyway in September!

right now I'm thinking,

DAMN!

ALL AGENTS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTINT OF AGENT WITH VISIBLE EVIDENCE OF THEIR DEDICATION TO THE CAUSE OF UNITED STATES OF EURASIA. PHOTINT SHOULD BE UPLOADED TO DESIGNATED PUBLIC REPOSITORIES FOXTROT AND YANKEE.

UPLOAD OF PHOTINT TO DESIGNATED PUBLIC REPOSITORIES INDICATES THAT AGENTS ARE GRANTING MIKE UNIFORM SIERRA ECHO A NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE TO USE THEIR IMAGE OR VIDEO FOR THE PURPOSES AND PROMOTION OF THE RESISTANCE. IF AGENTS DO NOT WANT TO GRANT MIKE UNIFORM SIERRA ECHO THIS LICENSE, THEY SHOULD NOT UPLOAD IMAGES TO THE PUBLIC REPOSITORIES.

So

What exactly does that mean?

A photo of yourself adoring a muse poster/ wearing a muse t shirt /

whatever else ?

Of course it's not just you!

Why do you think tons of people were against activating?

because they were going to buy it anyway in September!

right now I'm thinking,

DAMN!

Haha, exactly !!

I'm a little pissed, but it's not fair to just disregard everyone's opinions who wanted to activate.

It just kinda sucks, though, because I feel like all this hard work was for... not nothing, but, not what I expected.

Obivously I love the song, but I feel like a simple download is incredibly anticlimactic considering all the hard work and complex theories that were contributed to this entire process.

ALL AGENTS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTINT OF AGENT WITH VISIBLE EVIDENCE OF THEIR DEDICATION TO THE CAUSE OF UNITED STATES OF EURASIA. PHOTINT SHOULD BE UPLOADED TO DESIGNATED PUBLIC REPOSITORIES FOXTROT AND YANKEE.

UPLOAD OF PHOTINT TO DESIGNATED PUBLIC REPOSITORIES INDICATES THAT AGENTS ARE GRANTING MIKE UNIFORM SIERRA ECHO A NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE TO USE THEIR IMAGE OR VIDEO FOR THE PURPOSES AND PROMOTION OF THE RESISTANCE. IF AGENTS DO NOT WANT TO GRANT MIKE UNIFORM SIERRA ECHO THIS LICENSE, THEY SHOULD NOT UPLOAD IMAGES TO THE PUBLIC REPOSITORIES.

So

What exactly does that mean?

A photo of yourself adoring a muse poster/ wearing a muse t shirt /

whatever else ?

I was confused on that, too.

What if we're for the Resistance ?

I guess we just don't upload anything...

However, what's this: http://ununitedeurasia.muse.mu/img_uusoe/eurasia_united.pdf

?

Haha, exactly !!

I'm a little pissed, but it's not fair to just disregard everyone's opinions who wanted to activate.

It just kinda sucks, though, because I feel like all this hard work was for... not nothing, but, not what I expected.

Obivously I love the song, but I feel like a simple download is incredibly anticlimactic considering all the hard work and complex theories that were contributed to this entire process.

uhu I know! September is not that long to wait

so you'd have the download anyway

The unknown was much more interesting

I wonder what will happen now!

Great. We got an mp3 we already had, plus a little extra we were going to get anyway. Great going! [/sarcasm]

You think Bells will tell us what would have happened if Colossus wasn't activated? I bet it was going to be shibby :(

I think you missed the point.

The poll went up, and the results were pretty resounding. We, The Resistance, didn't want it activated. We wanted the unknown. Sure it wasn't a unanimous decision, but collectively our will was known. Our will, our decision, ultimately went ignored

But The Resistance is often a small group of people. A minority.

Archived