Perhaps there was more than one collateral damage?

The piano piece at the end sounds defeatist, as if the fight has been lost, and the remnants of The Resistance now know that are no longer in a position of influence. We've tried so hard, we've come so far, but through no fault of our own we've been crushed.

Okey... I downloaded the song... where's collateral damage? the song is 3 min 43 sec long and I haven't heard anything "new" besides the ending we all know, this is weird (?) :eek:

That is weird because mine is over 5 minutes long.

Did you download it from the Muse site or somewhere else ?

The piano piece at the end sounds defeatist, as if the fight has been lost, and the remnants of The Resistance now know that are no longer in a position of influence. We've tried so hard, we've come so far, but through no fault of our own we've been crushed.

That's what I was thinking. I was thinking that there were two different collateral damages, and that the appropriate one would be released based on our decision.

I'm really disappointed that she activated. Now we get to listen to the song over and over and be sick of it by the time the album comes out.

Hopefully they tell us what would have happened if it wasn't activated.

But The Resistance is often a small group of people. A minority.

clearly not this time.

and it's not exactly about the number of people in a group

it's about how mucht power the group has.

This time

the resistant had less power

I haven't managed to download the song yet, but I think it's really unfair to be dismissive of it. It's not the work that fans put into this - that was just a bit of fun - the work has come from Muse. They have given us an MP3 of a fantastic song. The fact that people had already stolen the majority of it is beside the point.

Wow, this was really lame. All this build up, and just because some moron can't wait a few hours, every single Muse fan on here lost out on what could have been a great opportunity.

Huge waste of time, this was.

That is weird because mine is over 5 minutes long.

Did you download it from the Muse site or somewhere else ?

:mad: what? xD I downloaded from the Muse site of course, they teased me haha, maybe because I downloaded shortly after it was available... damnation!

I haven't managed to download the song yet, but I think it's really unfair to be dismissive of it. It's not the work that fans put into this - that was just a bit of fun - the work has come from Muse. They have given us an MP3 of a fantastic song. The fact that people had already stolen the majority of it is beside the point.

I'm not dismissing the song as a decent reward, I'm just saying that I don't think this is what was meant to happen.

I think we were meant to resist, that Muse wanted us to resist.

I'm disappointed that we weren't strong enough to do that, and that if we had been, something even bigger would have happened other than a song download.

While I definitely see where you're coming from, I think it's strange that the reward was something we already had. USoE was already uploaded onto the site, now we just get to have it on our iTune.

Collateral Damage is a different story, but that would have been released in September regardless of what happened today.

I'm disappointed in the fact that something else may have happened today that we don't know about, and we had the power to decide whether the unknown happened or not.

And someone chose not.

Well said :supersad:

This somehow feels like a huge defeat... :(

It's not being dismissive. The Collateral Damage we have certainly tells a story that fits in with the treasure hunt we've had. It paints a picture of someone wistfully thinking of times when they weren't oppressed, when they were in The Resistance, fighting for what they believed in (Fight for their rights? Fight for their lives?). Because of the nature of Collateral Damage, it's something that could easily have taken a very different direction.

And so, what have we learnt?

That some people have no sense of curiosity, and instead put their heads down and go with what they're told. Which is exactly what the boys are trying to teach us to not do!

Don't do something just because you're told to. Question everything. Step outside of your comfort zones and embrace the unknown!

Resist.

NO! It got activated?? NO!

For God's sake why couldn't that American moron be patient? What a fucking douche! They obviously weren't a proper Muse fan seeing as they didn't bother to come on the forum and actually SEE WHAT THE FANS WANTED! Selfish or what??

:mad: I'm seriously angry. I really wanted to see what happened if we didn't activate.

WHY MUSE WHY???

*Breakdown*

:(

i'm not disappointed at all - now have USoE downloaded and CD is a beautiful piece of music - just shows how talented Matt and Co are to make rock and classical music of equal quality - can't wait for September 14

But we knew this would happen. We knew that some stupid American was too selfish and stupid to resist their own selfish temptation.

Yet again America ruins it for everyone. (well aware that most americans didnt want it actiavted but just making sweeping generalisations)

Well I hope she enjoys her tickets cos she is gonna have to live with the fact that she has pissed ALOT of people off.

She would've gotten her tickets anyway for just unlocking the station and posting a picture.

She didn't need to activate it.

NO! It got activated?? NO!

For God's sake why couldn't that American moron be patient? What a fucking douche! They obviously weren't a proper Muse fan seeing as they didn't bother to come on the forum and actually SEE WHAT THE FANS WANTED! Selfish or what??

:mad: I'm seriously angry. I really wanted to see what happened if we didn't activate.

WHY MUSE WHY???

*Breakdown*

:(

You must have just gotten on. The girl knew what was going on. It wasnt activated and the time ran out. And then Muse did nothing and nothing happened. And a "temporary extension" was given. I think it was a test. But she fell for it and activated it afterwards. We'll never know now. Im just pissed that Collateral damage is just a Chopin piano piece. I wanted some Matt Bellamy genius.

But we knew this would happen. We knew that some stupid American was too selfish and stupid to resist their own selfish temptation.

Yet again America ruins it for everyone. (well aware that most americans didnt want it actiavted but just making sweeping generalisations)

Well I hope she enjoys her tickets cos she is gonna have to live with the fact that she has pissed ALOT of people off.

I honestly don't understand the need for these obnoxious generalizations.

She did not activate it because she is American.

Someone from the Europe or Asia would have done the same thing.

And not because they are European or Asian, but because they have their own reasons.

No need for anti-Americanism on the message board of a wonderful band. We get enough of that in this world.

Archived