I really dont think anything was going to happen at all. Thats why the extension was given. Zane kept saying he couldnt play USoE with collateral damage like was planned because "he didnt have it yet and was waiting" so most people were just begging for activation. I still think it was a second test after the first resistance.

I guess we'll never know. I doubt Muse will every say.

But it seems the antithesis of everything Bellamy stands for to say actually guys, conform and do as youre told. That is not his style.

NO! It got activated?? NO!

For God's sake why couldn't that American moron be patient? What a fucking douche! They obviously weren't a proper Muse fan seeing as they didn't bother to come on the forum and actually SEE WHAT THE FANS WANTED! Selfish or what??

:mad: I'm seriously angry. I really wanted to see what happened if we didn't activate.

WHY MUSE WHY???

*Breakdown*

:(

Why didn't any other country not activate?

:LOL:

Taking it a bit seriously, don't you think?

Possibly. I'm just a bit wound up.

This is just the final disappointment in what has been a rather shitty day.

Maybe it was just too much optimism to believe that people might think for themselves for once?

I'm sooo disappointed.

I thought you guys would resist. We were going to get it anyways.

Why?! :(

Because nothing happened and many many clues lead to the fact that it was supposed to be recognized. Just read the info up on the stage collosus page. Theres a congratulation from the band for completing and it says PROJECT EURASIA INTERNAL DOCUMENTATION

CLOSEDOWN: DESIRED OBJECTIVE MET

And so, what have we learnt?

That some people have no sense of curiosity, and instead put their heads down and go with what they're told. Which is exactly what the boys are trying to teach us to not do!

Don't do something just because you're told to. Question everything. Step outside of your comfort zones and embrace the unknown!

Resist.

Thank you.

I guess we'll never know. I doubt Muse will every say.

But it seems the antithesis of everything Bellamy stands for to say actually guys, conform and do as youre told. That is not his style.

Yeah I know and agree. Its just once the clock ran out and the initial resistance lead to nothing many clues started happening and it was almost like Muse was telling us to activate without blatantly saying "Just activate it already you fucks!!!" :LOL: Also with the way Zane was acting. And then it gets activated and he went ahead and played it after first saying he couldn't play it. Whatever though its over.

What I dont get is how is this a grand finale, or a choice if all they wanted all along as us to do what every other country had already done? Not really a choice at all. Especially when nothing happened and the time extension said temporary but there was no given time. It was pretty much indefinite.

There never was anything else on offer. The resistance was against American supremacy. The Americans did the unselfish thing in uniting rather than taking the stance in The Grand Chessboard that argued for America to be the most powerful Superpower. In that way ordinary Amercans resisted their political masters.

Well I know it wasn't quite like that, but that was the scenerio Muse hoped for I think.

To attack the person who activated and Americans in general is ridiculous, the only other option was failure.

I think the song (which I think is brilliant btw :D) seems to be illustrating that it all goes wrong, but unification had to happen first.

Is the talk about there being an alternative ending to USOE just speculation??

I doubt whether that'll happen. Zane Lowe said himself before the activation that Collateral Damage was a piano sonata. So unless there's another piano sonata to go on the end of USoE, what we have now is the song in it's final form.

Yeah I know and agree. Its just once the clock ran out and the initial resistance lead to nothing many clues started happening and it was almost like Muse was telling us to activate without blatantly saying "Just activate it already you fucks!!!" :LOL: Also with the way Zane was acting. And then it gets activated and he went ahead and played it after first saying he couldn't play it. Whatever though its over.

What I dont get is how is this a grand finale, or a choice if all they wanted all along as us to do what every other country had already done? Not really a choice at all. Especially when nothing happened and the time extension said temporary but there was no given time. It was pretty much indefinite.

Welcome to the world of music promotion! :D I think Muse did a fantastic job of entertaining us which was all it was supposed to be, with a bit of education along the way!:D It had nothing at all to do with what Matt would do in a real political situation.

But we knew this would happen. We knew that some stupid American was too selfish and stupid to resist their own selfish temptation.

Yet again America ruins it for everyone. (well aware that most americans didnt want it actiavted but just making sweeping generalisations)

Well I hope she enjoys her tickets cos she is gonna have to live with the fact that she has pissed ALOT of people off.

Wow, just wow. I'm sure Muse is proud to have a fan like you. Lighten up. It's a band....and a game.

The website had all of the other stations web pages working correctly when NYC's was down following the original deadline. Either the database error was there to indicate that something was happening, or that one page of the site had fallen over. My view is that the extension was part of the test. Given the song lyrics, the album title and the band's stance on the subject matter, it's all over too easily. Obviously other people thought otherwise.

The question that remains is: What would have happened if NYC wasn't activated? We all knew what would happen when NYC was activated, and now we'll probably never know what would have happened if it wasn't.

And the alternate ending is speculation. It was something I posted, although it's very possible that the idea was thrown around earlier by somebody else.

:$

i'm not disappointed at all - now have USoE downloaded and CD is a beautiful piece of music - just shows how talented Matt and Co are to make rock and classical music of equal quality - can't wait for September 14

:$ OOh feel a bit of an idiot now I know its Chopin rounding things off :$

Questions:

1. How did that PDF get found?

2. Why are people uploading pics of themselves to the flickr group