But we knew this would happen. We knew that some stupid American was too selfish and stupid to resist their own selfish temptation.

Yet again America ruins it for everyone. (well aware that most americans didnt want it actiavted but just making sweeping generalisations)

Well I hope she enjoys her tickets cos she is gonna have to live with the fact that she has pissed ALOT of people off.

I understand the temptation. If I'm honest, I'd have probably disconnected my PC from the internet and snooped around the USB key out of inquisitiveness. It appears that simply obtaining the key was enough to win tickets.

A poll would have been fun:

1) Activate

2) DNA, but keep

3) Sledgehammer

All via a live webcam, naturally

Exactly so why the hell did she feel the need to actiavte?

Because nothing happened when the deadline ran out for a good hour or so? Were you even fucking on when it happened? Its not really her fault. All the people begging not to activate were suddenly going fuck just activate it now after a temporary time extension was given out.

Exactly so why the hell did she feel the need to actiavte?

I guess some people can't wait until September to get a copy of one song.

I'm hoping that if there is more than one version of Collateral Damage, that the other one is on the album, since it is after all about the Resistance.

So annoyed it was activated. I wonder, if enough people ask muse what was going to happen whether or not they would tell us?

I hope they tell us, but I get the feeling they won't....

I'm feeling so dejected after spending all day following this. Haha.

I honestly don't understand the need for these obnoxious generalizations.

She did not activate it because she is American.

Someone from the Europe or Asia would have done the same thing.

And not because they are European or Asian, but because they have their own reasons.

No need for anti-Americanism on the message board of a wonderful band. We get enough of that in this world.

Self interest and unwillingness to do anything except follow orders.

And it was put in America specifically to test whether the country that most promotes this in capitalist form could resist. And they failed. Spectacularly.

But we knew this would happen. We knew that some stupid American was too selfish and stupid to resist their own selfish temptation.

I frankly hoped and actually thought this would not happen. I really, really did. We were so many people against activating it and I was so excited about finding out what will happen and what Muse would have said even if they didn't want us to resist (I guess this treasure hunt will be a topic of lots of the upcoming interviews)...

Because nothing happened when the deadline ran out for a good hour or so? Were you even fucking on when it happened? Its not really her fault. All the people begging not to activate were suddenly going fuck just activate it now after a temporary time extension was given out.

All the people? Please, let's stay away from the blanket statements.

There was hardly anyone calling for activation, even after that message. Most of the ones who were had account join dates of today. The people who were against activation stayed the course and provided their thoughts as to why.

I honestly don't understand the need for these obnoxious generalizations.

She did not activate it because she is American.

Someone from the Europe or Asia would have done the same thing.

And not because they are European or Asian, but because they have their own reasons.

No need for anti-Americanism on the message board of a wonderful band. We get enough of that in this world.

Maybe she is a true Muse fan and she got nervous.

Look at us all - impatient, nervous, excited and angry.

If she is listening to Radio 1 (possible) and Zane Lowe has bearly mentioned muse with not long to go before the end of the show who knows whether or not the song would even got played.

To have this kind of responsibilty must be awful.

Anyone think the alternative version (if there is one) will be on the album anyway???

I do.

I frankly hoped and actually thought this would not happen. I really, really did. We were so many people against activating it and I was so excited about finding out what will happen and what Muse would have said even if they didn't want us to resist (I guess this treasure hunt will be a topic of lots of the upcoming interviews)...

I agree. I truly believed we were going to Resist.

No actually jackass if you'd been following this for any length of time like I have you'd have read that i was actually at work.

Oh I feel a little bit let down, but I guess all that matters is the music right? Not sure about the collateral damage, I assumed it would be Matt's own composition. Oh well, still beautiful

You're right.

At this point, there's no use in arguing it.

We got an amazing song, and we'll see what Muse has to say about the whole thing in the future.

It was fun. =)

The Radio 1 play is painful. Zane bigging up The Resistance when most of us didn't want it played.

It's been a fun week and a bit, but let's have the final piece in London next time guys. I've got some bowling balls that could damage a USB stick pretty badly.

Self-interest and unwillingness to do anything except follow orders aren't exactly qualities of all Americans. Which is what you're saying.

I didn't say all. I specifically said that many didn't want it activated.

What Im saying is it is a negative trait of many of your fellow Americans.

No actually jackass if you'd been following this for any length of time like I have you'd have read that i was actually at work.

I really dont think anything was going to happen at all. Thats why the extension was given. Zane kept saying he couldnt play USoE with collateral damage like was planned because "he didnt have it yet and was waiting" so most people were just begging for activation. I still think it was a second test after the first resistance.

the more i hear the song the more i love it and i think the end bit is super well done muse for putting together such a wicked song! Whether we were meant to activate or not i'm just happy i have now heard the whole song in full!

Guest QueenOfNerds

I do feel a bit upset that they didn't come to London but then they didn't go to a lot of places so I guess there are a lot of us who feel the same way.

And it was put in America specifically to test whether the country that most promotes this in capitalist form could resist. And they failed. Spectacularly.

:LOL:

Taking it a bit seriously, don't you think?

Yet again America ruins it for everyone. (well aware that most americans didnt want it actiavted but just making sweeping generalisations)

Well I hope she enjoys her tickets cos she is gonna have to live with the fact that she has pissed ALOT of people off.

Wow, that is the most ridiculous, hate filled tirade that I have heard in some time. They put this together to give the fans something to get wet about, not have a farking meltdown.

Archived