my bomber replica

musecasters

relax, he's taken

hehe very funny Kev :p crikey he's beefed up a bit since them days it's so weird for me to see a photo like that :/

Anyway - I haven't got your e-mail address (that isn't a sly way of asking for it!!) but I just have to say that the video and pics you sent my beloved Divvy this week were brilliant!! We spent our lunchbreak trying desperately to hear what everyone was saying over that nutty nun!

Congats :D I hope we would be invited when you do it for real :)

Take care,

Trace

Hi!

For the moment i haven't enough money to buy Rio Grandes but i'd like ton cut the "hole" (don't know the english word) for them in the body.

Could someone say me what size and form i have to make please ?

Edit: i'm also hesitating with:

Kent Armstrong Motherbucker + Duncan Hot P90.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What would u do ?

It's OK to think about what pickups etc. but STOP the fantasy and BUILT A CORRECT NECK POCKET : | I mean, thats pretty much IT.

Not te PU's, or de shape : o

It's OK to think about what pickups etc. but STOP the fantasy and BUILT A CORRECT NECK POCKET : | I mean, thats pretty much IT.

Not te PU's, or de shape : o

Yeah but for the moment i have no money and i cant' continue the neck pocket until i haven't buy it !

So (i have my answer for humbucker and P90 sizes :rolleyes: ) i already can think about the pickups i am going to buy now !

I'm just a beginner and maybe i'll have to restart my project from zero in a few days !

Nice guitar mate ;) I'm planning to build my guitar with a similar shape but with a flamed maple top and no effects. I'm curious to see how this shape would look like on an all wooden guitar.

There is one thing that puzzles me; is the bomber body the same size as the silver/black/broken mirror/mirror ? The bomber seems narrower but it might look smaller because of the curved sides and the tremolo ?

That's one sexual guitar :)

One question... where do you buy all the basic stuff for it? Like the wood for the body, fretboard and headstock...

internet probly easiest way, im lookin for a slab of wood myself atm.

lol at our avatars btw

anyone going to notice my question ? :(

don't worry, i did :)

the wood came from my local chippy, the neck & other parts from the internet guitar spares companies, but it's expensive, my guitars average about £1300 a project, and thats just Parts only, not my time to design & make it or wiring or final setup :)

Looks good man!

What has Matt got in his these days? The same or a MQ?

looks like nailbomb mate...how's your sexybeast?

musebush5.jpg

internet probly easiest way, im lookin for a slab of wood myself atm.

lol at our avatars btw

Yeah, I thought it'd be easiest to get it from a site, but I thought there could be a specific place to get it, it'd be cheaper.

lol :LOL:

don't worry, i did :)

the wood came from my local chippy, the neck & other parts from the internet guitar spares companies, but it's expensive, my guitars average about £1300 a project, and thats just Parts only, not my time to design & make it or wiring or final setup :)

Yeah, I figured it'd be around that mark. I was more wondering about the costs for the main parts, just so I know how much I have to save if I'm gonna do this. Still don't know though, £1300's quite a lot of money when you're 16 :LOL:

but remember that musecasters built a complete replica, whereas if you just wanted a copy, you could "skimp" on cheaper wood, components and neck, which could be not as good quality, but not particularly bad either!

I'd say, at 16, I'd probably go for a pre-built neck, and see if you can get a slab for the body that's been routed for the neck and bridge definitely cos unless you have relatives who're awesome with wood, and have access to good power tools, you'll be kinda stuffed with that! As mentioned, the neck is the most important, closely followed by the siting of the bridge ( as well as being set 100% parallel to the neck, and aligned with the centre, it also needs to be exactly the same distance away from the 12 fret that the 12th fret is from the nut. i.e. the 12th fret is the EXACT midpoint between nut and bridge), so if you could get that routed already, you'd save money on buying everything rather than making (believe me, costs add up very quickly!) from scratch, but could still try the easier parts like cutting the body and routing for electronics :D

That's just my opinion though, I'd probably still do that now cos I'm not that precise with my measurements :$

check out http://www.warmoth.com for cheap custom guitar bodies & necks...they'll do complete custom jobs too, so to get an unshaped bodyyou'd probably get a discount :p

good luck anyway!

Yeah, I thought it'd be easiest to get it from a site, but I thought there could be a specific place to get it, it'd be cheaper.

lol :LOL:

Yeah, I figured it'd be around that mark. I was more wondering about the costs for the main parts, just so I know how much I have to save if I'm gonna do this. Still don't know though, £1300's quite a lot of money when you're 16 :LOL:

its a lot of money when 33 :LOL:

2 pickups £200

neck £200

tremelo bridge £180

swiches & parts £80

tuners £80

wood for body £80

ff £150

sims chrome job £365

spray job & rivets £50

total £1385

+ wiring and setup

You're probably right... I think for my first time (lol) I would look for help with the more complicated and intricate parts. If I was to do it, I'd probably just want to cut the shapes, do the electronics (my dad's a spark so he could help me) and get some professional help, as you said, doing the neck and bridge etc.

Do you mean getting something like the middle one here? http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/bodies/bodyblanks.cfm

I'm not totally sure what you mean about the body being routed for the neck & bridge... do you just mean with the holes cut already, so that I don't fuck up the measurements?

Hi !

I'm trying to create a bomber replica too, by myself.

If someone is interested, you can see my project here: http://soip.spaces.live.com/

(sry it's french :rolleyes: but you can have a look to the pics)

I'm a beginner and i have really no claim at all :o)

I think i'll learn more with my errors !

If you'd like to post comments, do not hesitate !

See u

Thx

PS: i have also a question for musecasters and others: do u think that this product is good for chroming: http://www.alsacorp.com/products/mirrachrome/mirra_prodinfo.htm ???

(sry for my poor english ;o) )

Hey dude! good replica!

now u just need to get it Blue-purple!

I'm not totally sure what you mean about the body being routed for the neck & bridge... do you just mean with the holes cut already, so that I don't fuck up the measurements?

IF YOu got a bolt on neck, that needs to fit to the body as snug as possible, also, try & have all parts first before any cutting or routing is done :)

Archived