my bomber replica

musecasters

I wouldn't stick it back with superglue. It will leave an ugly cloud mark. Use PVA, and wipe away the excess. After all PVA is apparently stronger than the wood itself. They used to build Bi-planes with that stuff

i know hugh has used superglue a lot on the black manson when it gets trashed... why does Matt trash the most expensive guitar?

who says I like absolution's sound? :LOL: and why do we see the other guitars that much on the dvd... but anyway I don't like the sound it produces live.. and it could be the patches he uses them on, for instance, TOADA.. horrible sound... and it could be me but the stockholm syndrome sound @ pinkpop isnt that good (besides that, he plays the solo wrong :D )

ok, I've decided I don't want a snowboard and fx pedals for my 18th birthday! I want to get something a bit more special which I will remember more: my own guitar! I've made a list off the Warmoth site..

z_guitar_front.jpg

now. I don't know shit all about woods, so would one fine chap advise me a wood which isn't too heavy but with a bit of weight, that vibrates with the strings (some woods you just get the impression they don't want anything to do with the guitar strings and neck, and they just don't ive any form of vibration or anything..) and is easy to put a finish on, assuming that I do get a finish done.

Then, would someone be able to advise me a nice wood for the neck? I want a neck which has the dots on the top of the neck (where your thumb glides) rather than in the fretboard.. does anyone know what that's called? and then a wood for the fretboard obviously.

finally, where can I buy hardware and stuff? like the tone pots, the volume pot, the pickup selector and all that shit? I'll be getting a P90 (might get a Mississipy queen if their not too much more) in the neck and a Nailbomb with single coil tap in the bridge, with a t-o-m bridge. (and I don't care if bellamy uses them. do a little search and you'll see I said I wanted to do this even before the whole matt and barknuckle thing came out! just incase anyone was gonna get trigger happy)

So if anyone can help me out by advising a wood for the body and neck I would greatly appreciate it!

thanks a mil

david

PS: to avoid getting gnarled at for being off topic, feel free to PM me or msn me.. tis what it's there for!

k sorry lads, continue

spoke to the bloke at mansons and he told me, and it's been said in a guitar interview, but i can't remember which one :-/

I know he said that he prefered the black one for recording..... It's just that on the Absolution bonus disc, Matt is playing various other guitars and some of the songs are clearly done on a strat (from the sound I mean).

Actualy I wonder if between us we can work out which song was recorded with which guitar - might take up some time till the new album gives us more to argue about:LOL: !

TOADA: Bomber (only because he does several really highbends and dive bomps in solo)

SS: Mirror (I think it's in the SS part where he's showing off his laser manson..)

TSP: I would guess Bomber. I'm not sure why... haha just a feeling..

can't figure out the reat

TOADA: Bomber (only because he does several really highbends and dive bomps in solo)

SS: Mirror (I think it's in the SS part where he's showing off his laser manson..)

TSP: I would guess Bomber. I'm not sure why... haha just a feeling..

can't figure out the reat

Post in my shiney new thread:happy: !

ps. i thought the bomber was built for the tour?:unsure:

who says I like absolution's sound? :LOL: and why do we see the other guitars that much on the dvd... but anyway I don't like the sound it produces live.. and it could be the patches he uses them on, for instance, TOADA.. horrible sound... and it could be me but the stockholm syndrome sound @ pinkpop isnt that good (besides that, he plays the solo wrong :D )

I wouldn't be suprised if the tone has got worse on that thing because it is riddled with cracks... but still I'd have that guitar in a flash man - you can just make so many wierd sound with it!

Archived