my bomber replica

musecasters

TOADA: Bomber (only because he does several really highbends and dive bomps in solo)

SS: Mirror (I think it's in the SS part where he's showing off his laser manson..)

TSP: I would guess Bomber. I'm not sure why... haha just a feeling..

can't figure out the reat

LOL......bomber , do your research a bit on the bomber.

SS: Mirror (I think it's in the SS part where he's showing off his laser manson..)

Mirror? How comes no-ones pointed this out?

The mirror manson was first used the the EC gig. :p

Laser manson and Mirror manson are differentness!

it is, if i could afford it, the black replica wud be next....but i can't :'-(

There there man... hugh still hasn't emailed me back this time, so I will probably explode or something if he hasn't by next week (that will be getting on for the third week of no reply!)

lol sorry people bout the bomber and mirror thing.. I was unaware that the bomber had been built for the Abso tour, and as for the Mirror one, I meant the laser one (how often does he even use the lasers anymore?) because I think its in SS where u see him messin round with the lasers in the studio

• 4 months later...

I cannot stop looking at it. I've wanted to make one of these since before i started playing guitar. I want to be a luthier when i finish with college and everything. Starting a college course about it in the autumn hopefully.

A similar thing happened with my old SG I had, gig bag strap snapped and it went plummeting to the floor. Cracked in the same place, right through to the picup chamber. It's repairable wood-wise just get some Cascamite (sp) and fill up the inside of the cracks and clamp it shut for a few days. Shouldn't be too bad after that. As for the finish I'm stuck on what to do, sand it and re-spray that little section to get rid of any visable cracking maybe?

I'm using yours as an example when I make mine (Hopefully this summer :p.) I really liked the just chrome finish you had going in the earlier stages.

Anyway, good luck with any repairs you make. It still looks fantastic.

• 1 year later...

Hi !

I'm trying to create a bomber replica too, by myself.

If someone is interested, you can see my project here: http://soip.spaces.live.com/

(sry it's french :rolleyes: but you can have a look to the pics)

I'm a beginner and i have really no claim at all :o)

I think i'll learn more with my errors !

If you'd like to post comments, do not hesitate !

See u

Thx

PS: i have also a question for musecasters and others: do u think that this product is good for chroming: http://www.alsacorp.com/products/mirrachrome/mirra_prodinfo.htm ???

(sry for my poor english ;o) )

Hi !

I'm trying to create a bomber replica too, by myself.

If someone is interested, you can see my project here: http://soip.spaces.live.com/

(sry it's french :rolleyes: but you can have a look to the pics)

I'm a beginner and i have really no claim at all :o)

I think i'll learn more with my errors !

If you'd like to post comments, do not hesitate !

See u

Thx

PS: i have also a question for musecasters and others: do u think that this product is good for chroming: http://www.alsacorp.com/products/mirrachrome/mirra_prodinfo.htm ???

(sry for my poor english ;o) )

english is good. that product is expensive, and i've heard that you need perfect conditions to use it, or it will look awful. body shaping is coming on very well, just a bit more rounding off & you'll be there, but i found it was easier to router out the neck pocket, bridge & pickup cavitites when it was a flat bit of wood...good luck

merci nico !

Oui je me fais un peu peur sur les arrondis là j'ai peur d'en faire un peu trop :o) mais bon je verrai bien, cet aprem je vais essayer de bien égaliser les arrondis et les arretes...

T'en es où toi ?

Tu pourrais m'envoyer qq photos si ça t'ennuies pas ?;)

merki

I've seen this before ... people who spend WEEKS on sculping their body out, and after that making neck pocket/bridge bases/pickp cavities ... the most IMPORTANT thing about the guitar : \ not the shape fully worked out ...

correct, the neck pocket has to fit the neck perfect, the body can be anything

Hi!

For the moment i haven't enough money to buy Rio Grandes but i'd like ton cut the "hole" (don't know the english word) for them in the body.

Could someone say me what size and form i have to make please ?

Edit: i'm also hesitating with:

Kent Armstrong Motherbucker + Duncan Hot P90.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What would u do ?

Just to look like a total poser I got my mate luce to take a photo of me and the geetarrr outside - but I need to demonstrate the blinding powers of this thing! I can play a giant version of that game where you used to shine the reflection off the face of your watch into the teachers eyes, that I played when I was at school! :LOL: Who needs frikken lasers?

meeeeee2.jpg

(P.S. No children or small animals were hurt in the process of taking this picture)

Ah and cheers mate, I had that beer, guitarring is thirsty work, back to real work next week :'(

omfg i so want that... it is blinding me w/ its beauty

Archived