both my center punch and wire stripper have gone missing... I want to get this finished.

wyT8zNx.jpg

The purple PCB wasn't enough to ensure that I sound like Jimi Hendrix. One side was green, so it automatically makes it sound like an angry beehive being destroyed by a chainsaw inside a metal trash bin.

Just to be safe, I will order some purple control knobs.

Instagram is da tone.

But seriously, that purple is <3

Meanwhile, my move over to momentary stomp switches is looking brighter by the minute. Oscilloscope shows a slight pulse on the switching on but the tradeoff is switching time vs spike. Should be okay, I'll give it a try soon in a pedlol.

And Neil, couldn't do a 470 resistor for the LED, it just didn't trigger the relay. 1K was fine though and with superbrights, plenty to show a pedal is on. Only draw back of this is it takes about >10mA of current at least when bypassed, so batteries could be a no go. Also means you have the option of choosing if the pedal switches on when you connect power or not.

10968390_10155272450345122_5844105861106539311_n.jpg?oh=ab027fe9b78f534bd7112d6787865ff8&oe=5552EEC2&__gda__=1431012564_3ecc6fc94c6c2062262b2c44edce2946

Aren't you worried that your digital oscilloscope will destroy your fragile harmonics and your true bypass analog toenz?

Very worried, that's why I got the most vintage digital one available.

James, they are both correct if you aren't wiring a LED. I normally use a true bypass wiring schematic that grounds input when bypassed. Cbf finding the picture on my phone.

• 1 month later...

Having a test of 3d printing a stencil for painting. There's 2 benefits to this as far as what I'm aiming for. 1, seriously easy to get detailed stencils. 2, if its a bit patchy and it leaks a little, I won't mind. I think it'll look a bit more authentic. Pics or its a soldano?

2rqdob9.jpg

Shitguize, its a leldano

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not really, but it says (from what I can see)

HCF4049JBE

GK617260

??? something

CHN

Neil said it looked like a craig anderson tube sound fuzz. All it does is make the sound really bright, thinner, and SLIGHTLY overdriven.... barely

and that's with both of the controls all the way up

Archived