how would you suggest i diffuse them? crinkly tin foil, right? :LOL:

if you get fine sandpaper and rub the led till it goes from clear to a sort of cloudy-dulled look and rub off the excess, it should do it. Test it on a seperate led first.

not for sale. BUT, bare in mind that it is just a fuzz face with a booster and slightly different controls. Like it's controls affect the transistor bias (2 dials), and voltage bias (3 dials) afaik. The Fuzz face i'm building also has 2 controls for transistor bias and 3 for voltage bias. I reckon it'll be a less insane version of the other one.

Excitement to the max!

just finished the printout to cover my 2 builds with. Epic pedals will look epic.

Also, running a bit of an experiment with them. Maybe someone could share some light? Managed to get 2m of cable. Now normally when i'm building pedals, i use Single Core 1/06mm, which is fine. But, after having a little chat with a good friend of mine, he suggested i use stranded core. Now, i don't like WORKING with stranded core, cos my wire stripper will never strip the wire clean enough to get all 16 odd strands. it always cuts most of them off. SO, i'm running a little test. Just after work today, i picked up some new cable. It's by that brand Monster (ie, monster prices for stuff that's dirt cheap in other shops). I got 1m of "Speaker Cable" which is actually 2m of it, cos it's the two wires together, and 1m of "High Quality Speaker Cable", which is basically the same, except as far as i can see, it either has more strands, or the strands are wrapped around some sort of central core.

My only thought is, will this wire be too heavy for pedal signals? hopefuly not. Any ideas/opinions on this?

i used stranded wire on a build i did a while ago, might have been a fuzz face, but it was a pain in the fucking ass. trying to get all the strands of wire through the holes...id;ghsdklfjghslkdfjgh

as for your question, i tried using speaker wire for a sustain pedal for a keyboard and it worked fine, not sure if that helps

that actually does! sweet. Cheers teej!

I'm expecting a load of parts tomorrow. Mainly, all the parts for both the valvecaster and the fuzz face. as for the covers i've designed, i've no colour cartridge left :( so i'm going to go print them tomorrow evening in my friends house. That being said, if all goes smoothly, I might just have some demos by tuesday afternoon.

cheese

I figured out the problem with the stippers, so it's ok now. My parts just arrived, so i'll go get some breakfast then build the valvecaster.

I should build the valvecaster first, right? we all know what a Fuzz Face is like...

are ye havin pataytey caerkes far ye breeeefest?

I'm not really following this thread tbh. I'd love to make some pedals, and i've actually designs a couple, but i've never made one. The most soldering i've ever done was a theremin kit I got for my gf.

I think i'll actually make some mic pre-amps though. You got any schems for them?

no, i'm having tea and toast with a fuck load of nutella on it. :D

I don't have any mic preamp schems, but i've a bunch of boosters for guitar! :D

pedals are actually really easy to build, and you get a similar sense of satisfaction to when you save up for ages to buy some awesome gear, so i like it. :) I'd love to sell a few, but i don't know if people would actually buy the likes of a Valvecaster. I'm going to make a diefet next. i'm optimistic about selling that.

debug is by far the worst part of building pedals...

i'm 99.9% sure my VC is wired correctly... it's my 1st time working with tubes, and part of me wonders if the pinout i have is wrong...

When you flip the tube upside down, the pin on the left of the gap is 1, right?

Archived