ha..ha..ha another whammy jo.. oh wait it actually is true what you said :O

You fucking noob no it's not! He was telling you how to use a wah to change the pitch of the feedback that comes out of a FF. I guess you can do the same thing with a volume pedal. I WAS joking.

You fucking noob no it's not! He was telling you how to use a wah to change the pitch of the feedback that comes out of a FF. I guess you can do the same thing with a volume pedal. I WAS joking.

I knew that...

:facepalm:

I came close to buying an Ibanez RG a few years ago, I watched loads of vids online and read all the reviews and it was all promising up until I played one. It was an absolute piece of junk, I'm not sure what the top of the line ones are like but I've played a couple of the mid range ones and they have been the same.

I had one for a while with a licensed floyd rose, it had a £60-£70 set up on it before I bought it, was a lovely playing guitar once I got used to the horrible neck profile. Didn't think much of the stock pickups though, and much prefer more shapely neck profile.

i finally got around to messing around with my ds-1 to do that oscillation thing for larfs and i got it to work. its rather silly. i guess if you have a ds-1 you might as well do it, it doesnt affect anything if you put a switch in it to cut the wire. so theres no reason not to do it if you want to get some crazy sounds. i like playing with it on and when the signal dies the oscillation comes in. :D

Anyone know how to make a footswitch for an amp? I need a one button footswitch to change channels and I doubt it's difficult.

Do you know how to wire a DPDT switch?...(also I think there are other switches with three contacts or whatever, which should be easier).

there are three wires generally. ground, and the two which switch channels. You'll need the right cable for that - 1/4" jack i think.

not having any luck with my VC. I got the fuzz face going, but it's VERY gated, so i'm going in to get some new resistors and caps, and a nice multimeter.

Also, i was half thinking of adding another dial to the VC. There's a lot of confusion as to whether the 12AU7/ECC81's give enough gain. Yes, this can be an issue for those who feel you can never have too much gain (PHILL!). So how about adding a 4th dial. "Preboost". It would be a simple 1-dial booster BEFORE the VC circuit. Probably something uber simple like a Rangemaster or a Crackle not okay (it's a FET based emulator of a SHO without Crackle.). It would provide the boost needed to really gain the fuck out of the place.

Ideas/opinions on this?

just took Voltage Refs. Frequency Central is going to compare them to his 12V version. good times. :)

Thinking about putting a Rangemaster circuit before it so it can have all of the gain. bought parts for a rangemaster like.

THIS!

http://i40.tinypic.com/166llyt.jpg

Finally got this thing to work. Had to resort to building it on breadboard. Basically, for those who might build it, some things i've learnt:

1. It needs 12V. Yes, it will run on 9v, but it gives basically 0 gain and you only get signal coming through when vol is at max, so just use a 12V.

2. It's a lot more subtle than expected. The overdrive you get from it is only small, so i'd reccommend a 6111 or above really.

3. Get a DMM. Checking the Voltage Refs on the pins is the easiest way to debug this one.

Now that it's done, i've also came across other people making Twincasters (2 VC's in one) to give more gain. I'm looking into just adding in a booster before the VC circuit. Because the VC runs on 12V, the way i was going to do it was put in a second circuit that runs on a 9v battery with super low current draw. This way, you're basically getting 2 boosts/od's in one box. It'll be done in such a way that you could either have just the VC on, the VC and Boost on, or just the boost. There'll be a DC jack for the 12V, but because i dont have and Voltage Reg IC's, you'll need the battery for the boost. If you don't have a battery, the VC will still work off the plug, and if it's not plugged in, but there's a battery, you'll still be able to use the boost. Totally true bypass, 2 switches, 4 dials. DESPERATELY need opinion on this one.

And finally, proof that it glows:

http://i41.tinypic.com/wuhv7c.jpg

you can use a voltage regulator to get a 9v rail. so you have 9v and 12v, but you need an IC that i don't have. AFAIK....

edit:

ok, so it looks like a rangemaster will run on 12V. So, it'll be the "Valvecaster Deluxe Twin Boost: 12AU7" It'll have no batteries, JUST a 12V DC jack. But it'll have some serious tone action.

Archived