tom did you order transistor sockets from bitsbox last time you ordered?

Nah just the transistors, I think I will be doing next time I order as I just found loads of unmarked transistors and I'm wondering if any are of any decency.

prolly best to get a DMM and test them out.

BTW, not sure if you've seen the Diefet on FSB, but I MUST BUILD IT!!

For those of you un-familiar, the Diefet is a project who's aim is to create a Mosfet based pedal to emulate a Diezel VH4's 3rd/4th channels. It's not a million miles off it, and as far as an overdrive pedal goes, i think it sounds class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ebVtVHYSPQ

tom not sure how much of this you'll follow. but, the build i had that wasn't working right is now working, and i'll show you a silicon clip next time your on msn, ;) AND, i started work on the other pedal i ordered parts for... not the MXR one, the other one....

:ninja:

tom not sure how much of this you'll follow. but, the build i had that wasn't working right is now working, and i'll show you a silicon clip next time your on msn, ;) AND, i started work on the other pedal i ordered parts for... not the MXR one, the other one....

:ninja:

I just made the same one and had it working for about 3 mins then nothing, I think the problem is with the pots somewhere but it had me stumped all of yesterday as everything is wired perfectly.

i had pots issues too. i replaced all of them with brand new ones and now it works spot on. had an issue with the output jack too when i was (quite literally) shoving it all in the box. It's a bitch to fit into the box, particularly on vero, but with a ridiculous amount of insulating cotton tape, i got there :D.

The other pedal is much easier, but i think i might have my diodes backwards. i soldered it yesterday, and got true bypass, but only hum when it's active, so i'll troubleshoot it later. My exam results are out at 2 and i'm fairly shitting bricks about it so i'll wait till after 2...

bad times.

tom, got that second pedal working. The booster one. Turned out it was a dodgy input jack. Got my exam results and i've to repeat a studio project, so i'm going to do that, and possibly start work on a Diefet next month. It sucks, cos i'd love to build one now, but education comes first.

i had pots issues too. i replaced all of them with brand new ones and now it works spot on. had an issue with the output jack too when i was (quite literally) shoving it all in the box. It's a bitch to fit into the box, particularly on vero, but with a ridiculous amount of insulating cotton tape, i got there :D.

The other pedal is much easier, but i think i might have my diodes backwards. i soldered it yesterday, and got true bypass, but only hum when it's active, so i'll troubleshoot it later. My exam results are out at 2 and i'm fairly shitting bricks about it so i'll wait till after 2...

bad times.

I really hope you're not talking about clipping diodes! Are you still building naughty stuff or can you post details?

I really hope you're not talking about clipping diodes! Are you still building naughty stuff or can you post details?

A certain naughty thing doesn't contain any diodes. And if they are the clipping diodes, why aren't they LEDs?

Archived