Nice track, two thumbs up. The MySpace has that whole light text on light background thing going on though, makes the smaller text a bit hard to read.

it shouldnt do, could you please take a screenshot and let us know what monitor size/resolution you're on to show the problem? we tested it on many screen sizes/resolutions to attempt to make sure it'd be ok.

glad you like the track :)

Surprisingly good! Even if you were trying to be tongue-in-cheek, you did it well, haha. I would listen to that on a regular basis, I have to say :p

haha awesome. I am still mixing the 3rd demo. We plan on hopefully recording 7 songs and an emo-tized cover of coldplay's fix you in march.

I was thinking to myself today "I love Map of the Problematique" and remembered that I had used an old chord progression on an album a few years ago that I was thinking of doing something with again... Anyway, I recorded something and with Map of the Problematique in mind, I exaggerated it a little and this is the result:

Make Me Feel Invincible

I'm quite pleased with how it's come out, considering it's nothing like my normal music at all.

My band 'Your Attention Please' Just played a gig in the liverpool Cavern club, and a guy from a subdivision of warner was there, He expressed an interest in us and wants us to send him recordings of any new songs we do, he said if he would come see us play again in febuary and if he liked us he would have something more for us. is this good news or is he just stringing us along till he finds someone better? bareing in mind he didn't give us his e-mail adress we are supposed to send it to the woman who organised the event, the one responsible for getting the record guys down there and she is supposed to send it on.

http://www.myspace.com/yourattentionpleaseband

I was thinking to myself today "I love Map of the Problematique" and remembered that I had used an old chord progression on an album a few years ago that I was thinking of doing something with again... Anyway, I recorded something and with Map of the Problematique in mind, I exaggerated it a little and this is the result:

Make Me Feel Invincible

I'm quite pleased with how it's come out, considering it's nothing like my normal music at all.

i quite liked this track, i dont know what you did with the mix but it seems to get very quiet and loud between the verses and chorus, you may need to use more compression, the solo is too low in the mix, but one thing that is great is the drum mix, i always stuggle mixing drums cause i can never decide what i want to be the most audible in the mix.

the song is great i like the chord progression, the synths are great and the effects are sweet.

do you do any live shows?

Creep joint are playing in Shelton on Saturday, The Premature Ejaculators are playing the same venue next saturday.

I know no-ones going to come, but it's the Norfolk Inn in Shelton and i'll buy you a pint if you turn up.

Hey Tom could you PM me the details (time post code of the gig for sat nav) and I'll try and get there for the PE gig!

Hey Tom could you PM me the details (time post code of the gig for sat nav) and I'll try and get there for the PE gig!

Nice one!! No need ro keep it private, and seeing as we're on a new page...

The Premature Ejaculators are playing the Norfolk Inn (ST1 4PB) We'll be after a support band, probably about 9 or 9.30ish

Nice one!! No need ro keep it private, and seeing as we're on a new page...

The Premature Ejaculators are playing the Norfolk Inn (ST1 4PB) We'll be after a support band, probably about 9 or 9.30ish

Good stuff, hopefully I'll have car tax and insurance by then and I'll be able to drive up!

i quite liked this track, i dont know what you did with the mix but it seems to get very quiet and loud between the verses and chorus, you may need to use more compression, the solo is too low in the mix, but one thing that is great is the drum mix, i always stuggle mixing drums cause i can never decide what i want to be the most audible in the mix.

the song is great i like the chord progression, the synths are great and the effects are sweet.

do you do any live shows?

Thanks.

With the mixing, I basically took everything down a little bit in the verses, and then brought it up in the choruses to give it a more "explosive" sounds for the choruses. There are probably better ways of doing this with compression, as you said, but I only do this as a hobby and have no real idea what I'm doing... so it's all experimental for me.

Another thing, possibly, could be that the bass also goes up an octave in the verses too... just a thought... I'm not really sure... haha.

And I do a few live shows, but only locally with my band (where I have to share the set with the songs by the band, and not just my own music). I wish I could do more though :\ Unfortunately, that's one of the downsides of working solo.

Tothemoonalice are playing in london soon!

16 Jan Switch!3 @ Industry w/Tom Young and Dominique Woolf

24 Jan Secret Warehouse Gig

28 Jan The Dublin Castle, Camden

Also just got a live recording which will probably be uploaded soon!

http://www.ttma.co.uk

:happy:

I saw that and thought "What! We're playing in LONDON!? :eek:"

Thats the venue name, right?

Haha we HAVE to play there!

:LOL: