not all of us respond to every fart made here

you don't see me crying over 0 response to my vid

dude i was joking.:D

but all i'm doing is being persistent. i posted it pages back a while ago and got no response, didnt really mind but i thought i'd post it again, cause i just want a bit of feedback, that is the point of this thread isnt it.

i dont really mind if you listen to it or not, but now that you've responded to me you may aswell listen to it ;):p

honestly i'd write different music if it was up to me, but i kinda like writing stuff like that on the myspace since i feel my ideas are fresher.

and don't call my band a fart! :eek::)

the_man - I got the Insdustry CD yesterday and listened to it a couple of times through. I think it's really good! Do you want a full-on critique or just a gentle arse-licking?

Did you get the db I e-mailed you by the way? If you have a load of these you should really mail them out to labels.

Fiendish. You should get some without "promo copy" and sell them.

RE the cd, It was just that the first song had quite a weak snare, although there's enough top on it to cut through, there was no body to it - compared to the 2nd track for instance. Obviously it's been done on purpose, but there could be more power to the snare. Also, the guitars seem to be lacking in "fundamentals" but I suppose that's the sort of tone you're after? The bass was very boomy and I had to turn down the bass in my car, and EQ most of the bass out of my 5.1 system at home 'cos it was (literally) giving me a headache. The drummer could have gone half time for a couple of riffs, but that's just personal taste I suppose - objectively there was slight lack in rhythmic diversity. I thought for a promo CD you could have shortened the arrangements - it's allright for albums or whatever, but if the purpose of the disc is to promote you, you could really do with hitting hte first chorus in under 40 seconds.

Arse licking:

The synth sounds, samples, vocal sounds etc were really really good, and I love some of the complex rythms. Some of the lyrics as well - very fucking good. If it wasn't really good I wouldn't have listened to it until my head hurt! My girlfriend loves some of your riffs.

Fiendish. You should get some without "promo copy" and sell them.

RE the cd, It was just that the first song had quite a weak snare, although there's enough top on it to cut through, there was no body to it - compared to the 2nd track for instance. Obviously it's been done on purpose, but there could be more power to the snare. Also, the guitars seem to be lacking in "fundamentals" but I suppose that's the sort of tone you're after? The bass was very boomy and I had to turn down the bass in my car, and EQ most of the bass out of my 5.1 system at home 'cos it was (literally) giving me a headache. The drummer could have gone half time for a couple of riffs, but that's just personal taste I suppose - objectively there was slight lack in rhythmic diversity. I thought for a promo CD you could have shortened the arrangements - it's allright for albums or whatever, but if the purpose of the disc is to promote you, you could really do with hitting hte first chorus in under 40 seconds.

Arse licking:

The synth sounds, samples, vocal sounds etc were really really good, and I love some of the complex rythms. Some of the lyrics as well - very fucking good. If it wasn't really good I wouldn't have listened to it until my head hurt! My girlfriend loves some of your riffs.

haha okay thanks.. sounds like i really need a decent pair of monitors.. sure your 5.1 system has a good response? because its not seemed overly bassy where ever else i have played it. thanks for the feedback too! the first song was one of the first ones we recorded.. so yeh the production isnt quite as good as some others

haha okay thanks.. sounds like i really need a decent pair of monitors.. sure your 5.1 system has a good response? because its not seemed overly bassy where ever else i have played it. thanks for the feedback too! the first song was one of the first ones we recorded.. so yeh the production isnt quite as good as some others

hey, industry is your band aint it? i heard some stuff from you once, i cant think where, a myspace or something, i just read cheddas review and now i'm fairly interested, you reckon you could mail me a cd or something, or let me know when your next gigs are so i can get down and see you play?

Considering the guitar work you did for my hysteria track a while ago i imagine it'll be a pretty damn decent band. and its all better live :D

also chedda, i think you posted something a while ago, you had made a video for a track you did, i really liked that track, you've got a very talented three piece going on there, you doing many gigs? i'd like to see you play live, your drummer is very imaginative with his rhythms as far as i could tell from that one song, i showed it to my mate when i heard it, hes really into it, where did you record it, the quality was top notch! :D

That explains the difference on the 1st track. I realise it must feel "over and done with" now but if you ever use the same audio for a different CD or whatever, just trigger a more powerful snare and it'd be fine. I'm sure you'd do that anyway.

RE the bass, my 5.1 system is overly bassy as it is. I have the sub turned all the way down, and use the soundcard EQ to get rid of the rest, but I had to use the WMP EQ ontop of all of that to get rid of even more bass last night. I don't know if the production overall is too bass-heavy, but the bass guitar deffinitely seemed too boomy. I've certainly never heard that kind of bass coming out of my car before, even compared to RATM. It's as though it's all lows, and no mids? Anyway, yeh, I don't normally turn down the bass in the car for anything but rap, but I really had to. It wasn't distorting or anything.

To be fair, I bet it sounds fucking massive in a club or the like.

also chedda, i think you posted something a while ago, you had made a video for a track you did, i really liked that track, you've got a very talented three piece going on there, you doing many gigs? i'd like to see you play live, your drummer is very imaginative with his rhythms as far as i could tell from that one song, i showed it to my mate when i heard it, hes really into it, where did you record it, the quality was top notch! :D

You can download stuff from http://www.no-logo.ws There's a video on youtube somewhere for a song called "ghosts". The video was shot by a friend on a handheld DV cam, and edited at my house by me and the drummer. The CDs were all recorded, mixed and mastered by me and the drummer. The drummer's gone home to Ireland and we probably wont gig again until we're all 30 or something :(

hey, industry is your band aint it? i heard some stuff from you once, i cant think where, a myspace or something, i just read cheddas review and now i'm fairly interested, you reckon you could mail me a cd or something, or let me know when your next gigs are so i can get down and see you play?

Considering the guitar work you did for my hysteria track a while ago i imagine it'll be a pretty damn decent band. and its all better live :D

hey yeh :) almost all of the material from the CD we are sending out is downloadable from our myspace right now for free, the main reason we are sending them out is incase people are able to help us to promote by handing some out too. if after having a listen you decided you can/want to, thats awesome and we can sort out some postage

upcoming gigs... where abouts are you?

3 Oct 2008 The Queen Victoria in leicester

15 Nov 2008 The Travellers Rest in lincoln

16 Nov 2008 The Shed in leicester (glastonbudget showcase, we're pretty much guaranteed a place in the festival as long as we bring some people, theyve already heard us play and they liked it a lot, but we only bought 2 ppl so they gave us another chance as one of the requirements was to be able to demonstrate you can bring a crowd haha)

26 Nov 2008 Subculture in leeds - rock society social

5 Dec 2008 The Library in leeds

16 Dec 2008 RAF Marham Music Club - not for public

21 Dec 2008 The Met Lounge in peterborough

29 Jan 2009 The Gasworks in bradford

we played a gig last night, kev (k&t mod) came which was nice to see him again, and someone else who is apparently on the board but i didnt recognise her name, probably not from teh k&t

Yeah, if you're still up for giving away cds when you get more made, I'd like one too :)

as above! hehe

That explains the difference on the 1st track. I realise it must feel "over and done with" now but if you ever use the same audio for a different CD or whatever, just trigger a more powerful snare and it'd be fine. I'm sure you'd do that anyway.

yes when we move from doing demos and EP's to actually compiling an album proper we will record proper drums and guitar, these are demo scratch tracks pretty much