"Musevangelists"

gocanux

Is it just me, or do all of you make efforts to expose people to Muse and increase their fanbase? I was in surgery this morning, where we usually chitchat about all sorts of things, and the trainee tech said she liked Muse but only had heard Absolution. As you must know, Showbiz is rarely found here and OOS was never released in the US. So later I ran down to my car and found a couple of extra burned copies of those CD's for this gal. A couple of days ago I made copies for my son's friend. If people haven't heard the music, they hear it with us, we supply them with CD's, and most go on to be fans. One of my son's friends bought out the supply of Absolution CD's at a large store and gave them to everyone he knew for Christmas.

I thought this was just a US Musefan phenomenon, but londoner's post in the WTF thread makes me think this is a pretty common occurence. Do you all preach the "gospel according to Matthew"? (Sorry for the irreverance, couldn't help myself)

definitely. i always show muse to everyone i know coz i think its too good and i want people feel this way 'bout it too and understand me. Fortunately everyone [thats many many ppl] i've showed now became big fans, when they first listen to it they can't stop to. thats what happened to me :] And here we are waiting impaciently for muse come to south america.

muse is too good, i can't see how people can live without their music.

well, cheers from Brazilian muse truly fans ;D

Well, all my imediate friends are sick of hearing about Muse all the time. However all my ramblings and making them listen has worked with most of them.

I love the opportunity to 'spread museness'. A new guy started at my work and he had only heard TIRO vaigely once. I was like :eek:! He likes Muse sort of music too. So I actually spent about 3 hours picking 20 Muse songs to make a cd for him. I didnt want to ram all the albums at him at once, coz i knew he wouldnt listen to them. But i really dont get why i want people to like them soooo much. Its odd.

yeh man spread the word!!!!!!i think there mite be subliminal messagin goin on coz i hav never wntd to share a band with so many people before...i mean not even the wonders of radiohead, greenday or my chemical romance!...ive even startd playin it extra loud wen my family r within hearing range

but i cnt complain coz its all for a gd cause and as long as it gets them makin more albums im happy!

definitely. i always show muse to everyone i know coz i think its too good and i want people feel this way 'bout it too and understand me. Fortunately everyone [thats many many ppl] i've showed now became big fans, when they first listen to it they can't stop to. thats what happened to me :] And here we are waiting impaciently for muse come to south america.

muse is too good, i can't see how people can live without their music.

well, cheers from Brazilian muse truly fans ;D

Bom dia, so nice to see you posting here. Most people I've introduced to Muse have turned into die hard fans; can't help but to love their music.

Well, all my imediate friends are sick of hearing about Muse all the time. However all my ramblings and making them listen has worked with most of them.

I love the opportunity to 'spread museness'. A new guy started at my work and he had only heard TIRO vaigely once. I was like :eek:! He likes Muse sort of music too. So I actually spent about 3 hours picking 20 Muse songs to make a cd for him. I didnt want to ram all the albums at him at once, coz i knew he wouldnt listen to them. But i really dont get why i want people to like them soooo much. Its odd.

Musevagelizing at its best...Making a sample cd is definitely the way to go in order to introduce people to their music...and in most cases, they have gone off to buy all the cds they can get their hands on!

yeh man spread the word!!!!!!i think there mite be subliminal messagin goin on coz i hav never wntd to share a band with so many people before...i mean not even the wonders of radiohead, greenday or my chemical romance!...ive even startd playin it extra loud wen my family r within hearing range

but i cnt complain coz its all for a gd cause and as long as it gets them makin more albums im happy

That's so true...we all want their music to get the recognition it deserves.

She'll find a way to have Muse blasting from the cruise ship's speakers :LOL:

Thought of that, but still working on it....But we do have speakers in our cabins we can hook up to our iPods and blast Muse for everyone on deck 8 to hear. Brian leaves his door open, thinks he's still in the dorm I guess. And I have already discussed Muse with the British gals who work in the ship gym. Brian found out that you can request music vids to play in the teen "bar" so we're of course going to request the only 2 Muse vids they have.... (Heard a Razorlight vid on the cabin Tv right after we arrived; memories of Philly/Maryland/Austin...)

aww sounds like fun!!!

i was at the bar last night and ended up talking about muse to a friend of mine. go figure, he can't wait to hear their stuff!

of course my friends who were with me were like, "there she goes again..."

(Heard a Razorlight vid on the cabin Tv right after we arrived; memories of Philly/Maryland/Austin...)

the best part of Razorlight in Philly was when some random guy yelled "you're decent" at them and really pissed Razorlight off. ah fond memories.

We;re working on converting the people on the ship; tonight the boys had some kid in their cabin so I asked him if he knew Muse and he did (! and an American yet!) so the boys of course started telling him how cool Muse are and how I'm the MuseMom and all...

Also working on the jazz trio, more Americans who don't know Muse.

But they had Abs and Showbiz for sale in Dubrovnik!

Well, didn't this holiday just suck - nobody should hav2 work during their holiday, it's not natural, contradictory and just plain stupid. I hav2 go back to University on Sunday!!!

Ok, enough complaining! I went for my first ever job interview two weeks ago, and got asked to go to the same company for a second interview this past Thursday. It went well and all, and the Managing Director who was obviously bored with the normal boring questions asked me if I liked to read, and so we talked for a while about books and stuff and then we got onto music - I was so surprised to find that the MD is also a HUGE Muse fan :) . We ranted on about Muse for a while and of course, I GOT THE JOB :D , which I start January 2nd next year.

Well, didn't this holiday just suck - nobody should hav2 work during their holiday, it's not natural, contradictory and just plain stupid. I hav2 go back to University on Sunday!!!

Ok, enough complaining! I went for my first ever job interview two weeks ago, and got asked to go to the same company for a second interview this past Thursday. It went well and all, and the Managing Director who was obviously bored with the normal boring questions asked me if I liked to read, and so we talked for a while about books and stuff and then we got onto music - I was so surprised to find that the MD is also a HUGE Muse fan :) . We ranted on about Muse for a while and of course, I GOT THE JOB :D , which I start January 2nd next year.

That has to be one of the cutest stories I've ever heard of. Congrats on getting that job Zelda! It'll be great having someone at work to talk to about Muse...btw I have an extra poster I can send you for him, if you'd like?!? What type of job will you be doing? And good luck back to school :)

aww very nice and congrats!! I hope I have similar luck! I graduate in December and am starting to look at jobs... I just hope I find someone to hire me, but a Muse fan would be amazing!

That has to be one of the cutest stories I've ever heard of. Congrats on getting that job Zelda! It'll be great having someone at work to talk to about Muse...btw I have an extra poster I can send you for him, if you'd like?!? What type of job will you be doing? And good luck back to school :)

Wait, Zelda? :LOL: Sorry. I'm done...

my fathers wife (48) heard my MUSE absolution CD and she liked it, i gave her my CD and downloaded few older songs/videos for her also.

i'm not sure what song got her to like them exactly, but she fell in love with Unintended of course :)

Wait, Zelda? :LOL: Sorry. I'm done...

Nothing to do with the video game ... btw your sig made me smile because it reminded me of the dance number I did at my daughter's recital...crazy nuns minus the guns of course! Was so much fun...

Nothing to do with the video game ... btw your sig made me smile because it reminded me of the dance number I did at my daughter's recital...crazy nuns minus the guns of course! Was so much fun...

I know it had nothing to do with it, but it just still made me laugh a bit. Good name.

Archived