i dont like that bridge!

nice guitar

i like the cavity plates on the back, they look wicked

thanks, i like it too, i only got that bridge as it was easyer (as i am a begginer at this) to install, fiewer measurments unlike the tune-o-matic.

going back to tuners, i measured the holes in the heasstock and there 1cm width. do i need to buy 0.9cm so that theres some room for them to expand? or look for 1cm ones?

please could someone clarify this

thanks

I think those ones are 10mm, I have some of those and I couldn't remember if they were 0.9 or 1.0 but it turns out they are the right size. If your worried email WD Music (or whoever you chose to order them form) and I'm sure they will clarify the size.

I haven't even ordered the body yet, just wanted some quotes to see if it was worthwhile.

• 1 month later...

right, just to update you guys,

i have finished putting tru-oil on the body got my p90 the other day its a dimazio (hope it sounds good :))

i have also started sorting out the wires, just need to get 2 500k pots and i should have the basic electronics for the guitar, i will then work on installing the FF

You should do at least a couple, it will definitely need more than one.

ok, will put another one on it today and see how it goes, then will upload pics

then i will need to find another neck as the one i have now has pre drilled holes for a plate joint, but mine is a staggard bolt on :/

Yeah I've seen it done loads of times, make sure you get a good fit with the dowel though and use plenty of glue.

yeh, i will have a go at it, now i'm going to check the body and see if it needs another coat of tru-oil

just put a 3rd coat of tru-oil on the body, its looking good :D

just got a tricky part of drilling a hole on the surface for a cable to go from the bridge to the vol pot, any suggestions on how i could acheve this?

p.s i cant upload any pictures as i have forgotten my card reader for my camera :stunned:

Looks really good but I would have drilled the hole for the bridge ground before you applied the tru-oil, to drill the bridge ground hole firstly carefully mark on the guitar where the bridge will be and then use a long drill bit to drill through into the cavity, there is no easy way about it so take your time and be careful.

Looks really good but I would have drilled the hole for the bridge ground before you applied the tru-oil, to drill the bridge ground hole firstly carefully mark on the guitar where the bridge will be and then use a long drill bit to drill through into the cavity, there is no easy way about it so take your time and be careful.

yeh i did thnk that after i had put the tru-oil on :/.

what size drill bit should i use? and i'm guessing a diagonal hole from under the bridge to the pickup cavity right ?

thanks for the quick reply's guys :)

Archived