I think the bridge placement looks about right from looking at the pics. Should be okay I think.

thanks,

i will re-measure it again lol, and on the centralising the strings i have found the centre of the body and marked it so that the middle screw hole on the bridge passes through it. so technicaly the strings should be centered then, right ?

thanks,

cant wait to get it finished :p

(thanks again to everyone that has helped me so far, you know who you are :p)

thinking of doing some electricals tonight on it as i dont feel like drilling bits out lol

:D

i would help, but as im only good with soldering and wiring (and im not even 100% good with that, i only know about 80% of all of it) its no use :LOL:

right,

have been measuring from the nut to the 12th (fret bar) and its 32.4cm (324mm)

here's 2 pics showing where the bridge is ment to be (according to measurments above)

does it look ok to you guys?

3271454143_53f5068e6b.jpg

3271463863_a4d28e25a0.jpg

awesome :D

since you have the neck and the pickups in place, why dont you put the neck on and use some cotton or something as the outer two strings then you can get it lined up right.

good idea, thanks.

i used a different method but both work :)

do you think the bridge looks ok where it is in the pic?

:D

i would help, but as im only good with soldering and wiring (and im not even 100% good with that, i only know about 80% of all of it) its no use :LOL:

awesome :D

No offence mate but you know sweet FA about wiring, it took you about a month to wire a killswitch...

right, i think i have got the width correct, and the length is ok (will double check measurments when i drill it) i used a spair high E string. one thing that was concerning me is no matter how much i raise the saddle thing (sorry dont know the term for it) the strring would not have any sort of action. if i was playing it the string would have been musted by most of the frets. am i doing something worng. or is that an indication that my measurments are wrong ?

yeah id say it could do with coming down 3, 4, maybe even 5 mm

yeh about 3 - 4 mm sounds about right.

this would be my first time routing ... so i'm going to do some practice routings before i start on making the neck pocket deeper, incase i make a mess of my beloved matt-o-caster

No offence mate but you know sweet FA about wiring, it took you about a month to wire a killswitch...

it didnt take me a month

i tried with the mini switch, but i wanted the Middle position.

then i tried with the normal switch and it worked

it didnt take me a month

the mini switch took me ages just...

because you lot couldnt decide if it was possible or not :p

so when are you expecting to have the guitar finished by?

Well due to being a student :/ .. its not that easy to find time as it is a side project.

i would like it to be finished by the end of next month (sooner if possible)

but all depends on uni work and when i recive items i.e. tuning pegs

• 1 month later...
You could always just drill out the 8mm holes to 10mm.

yeh i will .. the 8mm ones i found dont have the locking mechanism i wanted lol. UPDATE: have now drilled and attached the bridge to the guitar , next step 1 coat of true oil on the front and then the electrics:D

yeh i will .. the 8mm ones i found dont have the locking mechanism i wanted lol. UPDATE: have now drilled and attached the bridge to the guitar , next step 1 coat of true oil on the front and then the electrics:D

I would have done all the tru oil before attaching any hardware.

I would have done all the tru oil before attaching any hardware.

yeh, i did put 3 coats of it on. just that some of it on the front came off due to working on the bridge area.

but its all done now. started soldering the basic electrics. not sure about attaching the ff yet though. as in connections and stuff.

Archived