Hello,

this is my first attempt at creating a guitar and thought i'd make a matt-o-caster as they are too expensve to buy. i bought the body from america and it was made to the famous matt-o-caster shape its all mhogany so it should sound great. i also have a tele neck. the only problem i have now is getting the perfect finish on the neck stock and the body,

here are some pics of my project so far:

also, where would you reccomend i get the volume and tone pots. and what make P90 does Matt have in his d one guitar.

If anyone is still interested in getting a Matt-O-Caster body built I have the email address (and will send you it)

UPDATE:

18651454031_b73fd41e26_z.jpg

18644441692_4741b0bfd4_z.jpg

18622685126_ae318d723c_z.jpg

18644269772_07c5243c0f_z.jpg

18461159160_c12d76073a_z.jpg

18644106002_6a5fb06568_z.jpg

18644031822_f92ed86a83_z.jpg

18644635002_ea301a3ec4_z.jpg

thanks for the quick reply's guys :)

yes i will be installing a FF, but how do you raise the drive and stab pots off the pcb?

yes, its a realy nice body i bought it for 110 plus p+p from ebay if you want the guy's email. just pm me and i will give you it. dose anyone know what type of finish i should put on the body? i was thinking of putting the mirror stuff on but it would spoil the wood work. any suggestions?

thanks

yes i will be installing a FF, but how do you raise the drive and stab pots off the pcb?

yes, its a realy nice body i bought it for 110 plus p+p from ebay if you want the guy's email. just pm me and i will give you it. dose anyone know what type of finish i should put on the body? i was thinking of putting the mirror stuff on but it would spoil the wood work. any suggestions?

thanks

How about a tru oil finish, very easy to apply and looks really good.

Would you be able to pm me that email address please.

Tar

thanks

Someone is selling MoC body blanks on ebay for £110?

Ah ok. That's not so bad. Thanks, i'm proud of it :D look forward to seeing how yours goes!

thanks hope it will be a success:) not looking forward to the wiring though, where would you put an earthing point? some one told me to put it on the bridge, is there any way i could put some metal sheet on the back of one of the overing pannels and conect them to that?

It's best to ground the bridge, that way you stop the hum when you touch the strings. Ground everything to the back of the volume pot.

ok, thanks for the quick reply, so, i can ground it to either the bridge or the volume pot. the reason i'm trying to avoid the bridge is drilling the perfect hole

You don't ground to the bridge, you run a wire from the bridge to your chosen grounded point.

right, now i understand, sorry. you can tell i have not done this before. its going to be a good learning experience making this guitar and especialy installing the FF. thanks for the diagram btw :)

Archived