got a 6mm drill bit (thats the smallest the shop had :/ but it should be ok.

just finished measuring the placement of the bridge, isnt it the distance between the nut and the 12th fret bar + a bit more ?

like mine is form 12th to nut = 32.5cm

so for the bridge it would be around 34.2?

I can't see anything wrong with that, always double check that the distance between the bridge and the 12 fret and the 12 fret and the nut are the same though, then triple check.

ok, thanks

say if its like a couple of mm off would it affect the guitar's performance?

go here. type in the number of frets and the scale length (from nut to 12th fret x 2) and then go right to the bottom. your bridge is the top loading one. it tells you where to drill for the screws

cool thanks :)

thanks for quick replies, i will measure i over and over then go on that website :)

what would be my scale lenght? its 47.6 cm from 22nd (end of fretboard) to the nut

the scale length is the distance from the nut to the bridge. the distance from the nut to the 12th fret is HALF the scale length. so measure from the nut to the 12th fret and double it. and when i say 12th fret, i mean the fret itself, not where you would play the '12th fret'

going by the fact its a bolt on fender like neck then chances are its 25.5 inches, but its better to check it anyway

the scale length is the distance from the nut to the bridge. the distance from the nut to the 12th fret is HALF the scale length. so measure from the nut to the 12th fret and double it. and when i say 12th fret, i mean the fret itself, not where you would play the '12th fret'

going by the fact its a bolt on fender like neck then chances are its 25.5 inches, but its better to check it anyway

656.373 mm (±0.5 mm)

so then thats to the furthest screw on the bridge? and it could go eother + or - 0.5mm ?

656.373 mm (±0.5 mm)

so then thats to the furthest screw on the bridge? and it could go eother + or - 0.5mm ?

i have marked it on my body, and found out that it is just under 1 cm from the bridge puckup :S. i didnt know how tricky this was lol

Guitar is looking great and you seem to be making good progress with the bridge. Good job looking forward to seeing it all done :)

it has so far been a fun project :) just got the tricky part with the bridge :/

but with help from the experts (hooglebug, tomrulez and jon) i will get through it :)

without them i wouldnt be able to get this far

update,

still havnt fixed the bridge as i'm still not sure about the measurments,

taking this step very slowly and mesuring very accuratly, it is 32.4 from the nut to the 12'th fret bar. so the scale length would be 64.8 cm (648mm) right ?

Scale length is usually measured in inches and 648 comes out at 25.5 inches which is perfect.

ah yeh, sorry forgot to convert it :p

so finding the position of the bridge, i measure 32.4 from the 12th fret twards the drige area? and that will give me the position of the front of the bridge?

thanks

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

the scale length is from the nut to the SADDLES. use the calculator on stewmac - you can use mm too now you know what it is. the measurement it gives for your bridge is for the placement of the screws. that WILL be right. i use it all the time and its always right whether i use a vibrato, hardtail or wraparound

use that calculator and it will tell you the distance of your last fret from the nut. with your neck in place, mark on the body where the last fret is and use that as a measuring point, its much easier than trying to measure all the way from the nut

in other words, once you've made your last fret mark, delete the distance from the nut - last fret from the scale length, and you have the distance from the last fret to the bridge screws

Archived