NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

the scale length is from the nut to the SADDLES. use the calculator on stewmac - you can use mm too now you know what it is. the measurement it gives for your bridge is for the placement of the screws. that WILL be right. i use it all the time and its always right whether i use a vibrato, hardtail or wraparound

use that calculator and it will tell you the distance of your last fret from the nut. with your neck in place, mark on the body where the last fret is and use that as a measuring point, its much easier than trying to measure all the way from the nut

in other words, once you've made your last fret mark, delete the distance from the nut - last fret from the scale length, and you have the distance from the last fret to the bridge screws

ok, i think i get it, (sorry not too good with mubers darn dyslexia :()

thanks for being patient with me and helping me, i will try what you have just explained :)

• 4 weeks later...
i have now got the vol and tone pots, got a new neck.

i'm almost there (with a basic guitar)

just need to find some 0.8mm tuning pegs. if anyone knows of any could you kindly help me find some thanks.

My cocks peaking interest now. Please post some pictures!

Hello,

this is my first attempt at creating a guitar and thought i'd make a matt-o-caster as they are too expensve to buy. i bought the body from america and it was made to the famous matt-o-caster shape its all mhogany so it should sound great. i also have a tele neck. the only problem i have now is getting the perfect finish on the neck stock and the body,

here are some pics of my project so far:

also, where would you reccomend i get the volume and tone pots. and what make P90 does Matt have in his d one guitar.

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

How much did you pay for the Matt-o-caster shape ??

according to yahoo finance, £118

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter?amt=1&from=gbp&to=usd&submit=convert#from=USD;to=GBP;amt=175

i fear for the future of the internet BECAUSE IF YOU HAD SENSE YOU'D REALISE GOOGLE TELLS YOU EVERYTHING

sorry, i'm in pain and cba with lazy people

Dont worry, i wasnt going to use google because whatever it is in £'s we usually pay like £30 more for some reason.

Hey,

i will get some pics uploaded tomorrow night :)

and joh94 it cost me with postage £110 (before the economy fuck up)

does anyone know where i could get hold of some 0.8mm tuning pegs?

thanks

Nice :D how much do you think the whole thing to build will cost.

Archived