hello fellow god lovers!!!

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i joined just to discuss in this thread :happy:

obi, it's often noted (and my friend has first hand experience of this- AND he's an atheist, so unbiased source) that people often start praying when faced with threat of death (in my friend's case, on board a plane in an emergency landing situation, cruising to burn off the oil before landing with defective landing gear)- he said many in the cabin were just praying and seeking peace with their god.

to me this speaks of how much we all need God, no matter how much we distract ourselves with our everyday lives. when all the superficial things are stripped away, we need Him.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i don't think excluding athiests or rejecting them would be right. We are supposed to love people, friends and enemies alike. I've got friends who are gay, bi,athiest, christian, muslim, black, white, asian... and yes I listen to both christian and secular bands. forgotteninjune, i have no problem accepting you for who you are!

The way i see people is this: I am just as flawed as the people who aren't Christians. I'm not better than they are. I lie, I screw up, I've said things I regret, done things i regret. I'm not gonna play the holier than thou card.

Besides, Jesus hung out with sinners and shun the overly religious types. If He can love them, so can we. I welcome you here!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...