I have ordered tickets through this website. Is it OK or have I been done?

looks very like ukticketfactory.co.uk in the layout sort of thing

i'd be very sceptical off buyin from anywhere that wasnt viagogo/getmein/ebay tbh - all these are protected and some are run by the ticket agencies

I just got this reply after my angry letter to Ebay...

Hello, Thank you for writing to eBay. I can appreciate your concern regarding this matter. If you would like to submit a suggestion regarding how we may improve our policies please do so. Many of the changes made on the site are due to suggestions received from our eBay Members. While we are unable to implement every suggestion, we do review all of the suggestions we receive. To make a suggestion please do so by emailing: suggest@ebay.com Due to the number of suggestions we receive, we are unable to respond toeach one. However, if you send in your suggestion please be assured thatit will be reviewed. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reply to this email and let us know. Kind regards, Garth ButchereBay Trust & Safety

We must all suggest that they stop these arseholes ripping people off!!!! Join me! :mad:

I just got this reply after my angry letter to Ebay...

Hello, Thank you for writing to eBay. I can appreciate your concern regarding this matter. If you would like to submit a suggestion regarding how we may improve our policies please do so. Many of the changes made on the site are due to suggestions received from our eBay Members. While we are unable to implement every suggestion, we do review all of the suggestions we receive. To make a suggestion please do so by emailing: suggest@ebay.com Due to the number of suggestions we receive, we are unable to respond toeach one. However, if you send in your suggestion please be assured thatit will be reviewed. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reply to this email and let us know. Kind regards, Garth ButchereBay Trust & Safety

We must all suggest that they stop these arseholes ripping people off!!!! Join me! :mad:

Looks like an automated reply? :(

Looks like an automated reply? :(

Probably. Have just used his name for an email address though and sent my revised letter that my class worked on with me today when doing writing to persuade...

Dear Sir or Madam,

Ticket touting is unprincipled, dishonest, and corrupt. Touts are a scourge on our society: shouldn’t we take action against these scoundrels?

Touts employ despicable measures to fraudulently gain tickets; this prevents true fans from obtaining these tickets, and thus forces the dedicated, genuine fans to pay the fiends’ ridiculously inflated prices. This is wrong.

Although I have always been lucky enough to obtain the tickets I have required, I know that this is not the case for many other unfortunate enthusiasts; desperation then forces these disappointed and deflated victims to play into these charlatans' hands.

Therefore, as the most popular and successful company involved in such sales, you should make a stand against this by banning such sales from your site. Allowing these sales is unethical, unprincipled, and morally reprehensible.

Furthermore, I find it confusing that tickets for certain events (such as the Princess Diana Memorial Concert and all football matches) are banned on your site, whilst others are not. Shouldn’t all events be treated equally?

I urge you to take action against these scheming, exploiting, and, frankly, disgusting members of our society by removing all listings selling tickets at inflated prices – it is the honourable thing to do.

to anyone looking to buy tickets for the november tour from anywhere else other than the official agents, can i give you a little advice.i would advise not to use any of the museticket.com or museboxoffice sites, earlier this year trading standards closed down a load of similar sites killerstickets.com tinaturnertickets & u2boxoffice were a few i remember as they were ripping people of left right and centre, a sold a spare ticket for the first nfl match at wembley 2 years ago to worldticketshop and had nothing but trouble with them, i had to arrange a courier to pick it up and then for a week after i was getting 3 emails a day asking me where it was!!! if using ebay i would advise not to buy any tickets until 60 days(have it posted by next day special delivery so you can track it) before the show even if the buyer has the tickets by doing this & by paying with paypal you are covered in case the tickets are fake and possibly if the show is cancelled and seller doesn't want to give you a refund.if you buy now you will not be covered with this protection & again you are taking a chance.3 days before the ac/dc show at the o2 my mate let me down i sold his ticket on ebay for face value posted it 2 days later paypal froze the payment stating it was purchased with a fruadulent card but i had the tracking number and they refunded me the money, that would not happen with many if any other company.......yes i know its shit having to pay over the odds to see the best live band around but this is just a little of my experience, i just don't want to see anyone else get ripped off....more tickets always become available normally about 2 weeks before the show so happy hunting,please be careful

Probably. Have just used his name for an email address though and sent my revised letter that my class worked on with me today when doing writing to persuade...

Lol!

I hope you started the lesson with "Touting is bad"

Start telling all youngster's this and hopefully it will stop, just like underage drinking... Oh

Lol!

I hope you started the lesson with "Touting is bad"

Start telling all youngster's this and hopefully it will stop, just like underage drinking... Oh

I am brainwashing them! It was quite fitting actually as two of them wanted to go, but only one got tickets. Poor lamb! I gave her stern warnings about buying from touts.

Furthermore, I find it confusing that tickets for certain events (such as the Princess Diana Memorial Concert and all football matches) are banned on your site, whilst others are not. Shouldn’t all events be treated equally?

It's banned for football matches to prevent opposing fans mixing and causing a whole heap of trouble, and it's generally only banned for one off concerts, or charity events. Not that I'm trying to burst your bubble, I'm just saying that that's the reponse you might get.

It's banned for football matches to prevent opposing fans mixing and causing a whole heap of trouble, and it's generally only banned for one off concerts, or charity events. Not that I'm trying to burst your bubble, I'm just saying that that's the reponse you might get.

Yeah it's the FA's (or FIFA's) rule not to sell on tickets that you have bought (technically even my Dad isn't allowed my season ticket on the days he goes) as you could be selling to banned fans or rivals. So if there's even a hint of them on ebay they/you are punished (especially if your details are anywhere).

It is the music industries and the promoter's fault that gig tickets can be sold on ebay as this is one of a few ways of reselling unwanted tickets as used to be the way when ebay started out.

eBay didn't really make an effort when it came to RAH tickets? That's charity. It makes me sick that people were selling charity event tickets for double+.

Oh yeah 'cos of there fucking absolutely disgraceful fucking rule about 10% of the takings go to the charity. What a fucking pile of crap!

Sorry, I don't mind when people sell on tickets too much, it's always happened, but when it's a gig for the TCT or any bloody amazing charity it makes me mad.:mad:

eBay didn't really make an effort when it came to RAH tickets? That's charity. It makes me sick that people were selling charity event tickets for double+.

I did say generally, though.

But yes, I agree with you. Tbh, I'm not overly fussed about the selling of tickets on ebay, because it wouldn't happen if people didn't keep buying them. But you have to draw the line somewhere, and yes, that line has to be when it comes to charity gigs. I'm glad ebay enforced that they HAD to donate a certain percent of the final profit to charity, but it should have been a lot higher.

Yeah it's the FA's (or FIFA's) rule not to sell on tickets that you have bought (technically even my Dad isn't allowed my season ticket on the days he goes) as you could be selling to banned fans or rivals. So if there's even a hint of them on ebay they/you are punished (especially if your details are anywhere).

It is the music industries and the promoter's fault that gig tickets can be sold on ebay as this is one of a few ways of reselling unwanted tickets as used to be the way when ebay started out.

Exactly. I'm not even allowed to use my sister's season ticket, and we only support bloody Colchester :LOL:

Thing is, the industry, the promoter, the venues (and in most cases the artists too) don't care because they're still making money. The ticket has been sold, people will come to the venue, people will spend money at the venue. What do they care if it's been sold on for a profit? Sad but unfortunately true.

Oh yes, I am aware, but giving examples is a one of the persuasive techniques you need to get in, along with rhetorical question! ;)

i'm writing to BBC watchdog about the problems getting a ticket and the hundreds being offered on the re-sale and auction sites - perhaps everyone else would do the same - they did a feature on rip off ticket sites before and have had influence in other areas.

watchdog@bbc.co.uk

the more people who write, the more likely they are to take it up...

(alot of people complained about the way i write so i started a new thread)

heyhey peoples,

firstly if you didn't get tickets to the resistance tour where do you think they've all gone?

well it is pretty obvious the tout got them.

so has anyone got ideas to stop them getting there dirty little hands on them?

i thought asking a question about muse like what was the name of muse recent live album? of course harrp to any average muse fan

this could help target it

also what your favourite arenas indoor or outdoor or football stadiams?

just leave your responce to any of these question but mainly the tout one we all know that many people were disappointed at 9:01 last friday.

touts are turning gigs for the fans are almost are turning almost into gangster rackets

come on ALL BANDS you could at least do something like making it against tandc to be sold above face value

if you have any ideas plz respond we have to do it the obama way and try and cause change :p

i think we should find all the touts at all the gigs in november and take them all hostage and then...we'll get sayid from lost to torture them all mwhahahaahhahaha hahahahahahahah HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ILU. Sayid is the best plan ever...

the touts didnt get them all, because i got 2 tickets. it wasnt impossible to get them... so neeeeer :p

and if you missed out...im sorry, but your choice is pay the ridiculous prices the touts sell them for(however this only makes the touts work worthwhile)... or wait until they tour again - shouldnt be too long...