Ok so tickets are now sold out for venues like the O2 and you don't want to buy tickets from some overpriced tout or resale website charging double the ticket face value? Well there is maybe still one option....

This is only going to be useable by a very small minority of you but if you know someone with black Amex credit card (the account level above platinum which comes with your own conceirge service), then beg them to book via the conceirge service for you. I got my boss who has one to check with them and Amex have got a block of standing tickets for the 02. Despite phoning them at 11am this morning, well after all sold out, they just phoned back with 4 standing tickets for us for Friday 13th November at £42 approx. Not bad eh?

Having gone through agony of missing out on tickets via usual sources at 9am this morning, you can imagine how excited I am now am that I managed to get tickets at a sensable price!!!!

I hope this info helps some of you that are still hunting for tickets.

Contact your bank & ask them for advice but do it now

If you read what I wrote you would not have been scammed my friend, in future, its best to be patient, desperation for tickets is what these scammers look for!

Another thing, if you miss out on tickets, please don't go buying from touts/people wishing to exploit you in this way, once people stop buying from these people, they won't have a business and actually make it easier for you to get tickets in the future.

However much you love Muse and however badly you want to see them live, it's not worth the risk of paying more than face value for fake tickets, they'll always play again :)

I agree, tried buying from gigsandtours.com, took my card details and everything before telling there was a problem with the order and I had to phone them. Guy was apologetic and said all tickets had sold out and money wouldn't be taken from account - I hope not! Looked at ebay and sure enough they are selling 2 tickets worth £41.25 each for more than double that. No I love Muse but my pocket isn't that deep.

I have ordered 4 tickets for the 12th november o2 date, via the pre-sale link sent by the muse mailing list.

Seetickets says

"Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until the week of the event. If your tickets haven't arrived 48 hours before the event, please contact us"

And

"We will start to despatch tickets for this event on approximately 22/10/2009 and we expect to have all tickets despatched by 05/11/2009."

Has anyone had experience with Seetickets before, in terms of delivery?

Do they really send them out a week before the event, or earlier? Just that 5 months seems a long, long time to wait to receive tickets that would fit in an envelope with a 2nd class stamp on them

Thanks in advance for any replies

Edited by Shaun!

Usually it's sooner than what they say, but yes it can take quite a long time before they send them out.

They might do so to make it difficult for touts to sell their tix on ebay.

People are more willing to buy tickets that are "in hand" rather than tickets that will be sent to you "as soon as received from promotor".

And of course they send out thousands of tickets a day, selling tickets to dozens and dozens of gigs. We have to wait our turn! :)

Well it depends.. i use seetickets all the time and have never recieved my tickets 48 hours before the event. Usually around 2-3 weeks beforehand but i cant be sure as it can be different all the time.

Capacity for the O2 is 22,500.

You can buy merch before or after the gig.

Cheers. done a bit of research and saw that seated capabity was 20,000, so simple mathematics says 2500 will be standing. shame i'm seated, but i couldn't get standing on the pre-sale and was desperate to guarantee myself some tickets.

First of all I am so happy to get the tickets for O2 and am looking forward to a cracking show.

But I must say I went to Ebay to take a look and I am furious to see how many touts there are this year!

One person is selling 2 standing for £300!

I think it's gone far too far this time and the government or someone needs to step in and shut these people down. Whenever a tout turns up on Ebay the site should revoke their profile and then relay their info to Seetickets or Ticketmaster to refund their money and take back the ticket so real fans can purchase them. Sure it will be difficult for some weeks/months but after then the touts would have finally gotten the point.

It's a very sad thing to know there are many of us real fans and nothing beats having a fans experience, like we all muse.mu members at RAH, and I was hoping we'd have that at O2. Now, thanks to tout CUNTS the people who deserve the tickets won't be able to go and see the music that enlightens them!

Fucking CUNT touts!

I'm sorry for the language musers but, despite getting my tickets, I am furious on everyone's behalf.

Lets just hope they book a Wembley Stadium date for the summer!

From my experience sometimes they leave it till the last minute which is pretty stressful as they send them recorded delivery and I'm not generally in during the day! Fingers crossed this won't happen this time.

Sounds extremely irritating, i don't know how my college timetable will be next academic year so won't be able to attempt to plan to stay at home when tickets are due

edit: i'm not far from you pixie, i'm in swindon :D

Edited by Shaun!

From my experience sometimes they leave it till the last minute which is pretty stressful as they send them recorded delivery and I'm not generally in during the day! Fingers crossed this won't happen this time.

i have had this - and also had to take days off work to recieve them the day before

it is especially bad if they use royal mail - who you would think would be decent at mailing stuff

but dont worry they are normally good it has been an exception compared to most gigs

EDIT: not that ticketmaster are much better (unless you use that new nifty print off thing they have for some gigs)

Edited by matt1il

Sounds extremely irritating, i don't know how my college timetable will be next academic year so won't be able to attempt to plan to stay at home when tickets are due

edit: i'm not far from you pixie, i'm in swindon :D

Cool :D

Nice to have something to look forward to I'm not going on holiday this year, well not till next January so Muse is as exciting as it's getting for me this year :LOL:

Cool :D

Nice to have something to look forward to I'm not going on holiday this year, well not till next January so Muse is as exciting as it's getting for me this year :LOL:

Oo, would be nice to bump into southerners on the train/coach/underground.

Haven't spoken to my cousin about how we're gonna go about getting down there, but there's plenty more time for that. I'm still jealous he was at wembley 17th june for BH&R!

And i'm just going to wales camping i think, haha. F**k foreign lands! (and sheep in wales?)

I also have one more thing to look forward to this year, i turn 18 13 days after the muse gig. Can't wait!

EDIT: Sorry for DBL post.

BEN! Where abouts in swindon are you, and are you currently at college?

I have to say it's fecking disgraceful that ebay is full of Muse tickets for the tour, it's the same with other big acts as well not just Muse. It doesn't happen with football tickets so why the feck does this happen with concert tickets.

I tried to get tickets this morning at work in vain, unfortunately I couldn't and I was too busy to keep persisting. I got tickets in 2006 for Manchester and was really keen to go again.

You'll have to excuse me if other posters have mentioned this already, I haven't had time to go through the threads.