Just bought a Laney bass amp, is it good?

JackAndrews

I still want to know what Peavey you use. Swear I asked you aaaages ago, I dunno, but I wanna know! Ahah

It's nothing special, a TNT 150 or something. I like it because it has crossover outputs so I can use a guitar combo for the top end. I only use the peavey for very loud lows, not really for "tone".

It's nothing special, a TNT 150 or something. I like it because it has crossover outputs so I can use a guitar combo for the top end. I only use the peavey for very loud lows, not really for "tone".

I seeeeeee. That would explain the other amp in the pic of the "master's place". Can't quite see what make it is, though.

I'm trying to get a bit of growl out of my Ashdown, but it doesn't seem to be happening. =( Wouldn't mind a bit of growl, if I'm honest, and I can't seem to get the right amount out of ODB, either.

Hmmm, growl from an ODB-3. Turn the gain down to 8-9 o'clock, bass at 1 o'clock, treble at 10 o'clock, balance at 11-12 o'clock. That should sound half decent?

To be fair i'm not a big fan of the ashdowns i've played. I like a graphic EQ on my amp. Try boosting mids a bit more?

Hmmm, growl from an ODB-3. Turn the gain down to 8-9 o'clock, bass at 1 o'clock, treble at 10 o'clock, balance at 11-12 o'clock. That should sound half decent?

To be fair i'm not a big fan of the ashdowns i've played. I like a graphic EQ on my amp. Try boosting mids a bit more?

Just tried all that, sounds pretty alright, actually. Might keep it. =)

Thing with Ashdown is, it's powerful and it's cheap, and that was the real attraction for me. I'd LOVE to afford something like a Trace Elliott or something, but alas, I r broke. :(

Just tried all that, sounds pretty alright, actually. Might keep it. =)

Thing with Ashdown is, it's powerful and it's cheap, and that was the real attraction for me. I'd LOVE to afford something like a Trace Elliott or something, but alas, I r broke. :(

Is your ashdown 2 x 10 or 1 x 15? If the latter, get a cheap 2 x 10" extension and it'll sound miles better IMHO.

EDIT: Check here for a cheap 2 x 10"

Is your ashdown 2 x 10 or 1 x 15? If the latter, get a cheap 2 x 10" extension and it'll sound miles better IMHO.

EDIT: Check here for a cheap 2 x 10"

...It's a 1x12 Electric Blue combo. :$

Yes, my gear is made of fail.

But, looking back, it was far easier to lug around, along with the collosal amount of gear my old band took to gigs.

I'll get me a head+cab when I can eventually acquire me some moolah.

If you got a 1 x 15" or 1 x 12" to go underneath it might help loads.

You don't necessarily need a head and cab setup. I've always used two combos.

This is true, as you've stated before.

Might go for that, actually. It'll have to be a 1x15, obviously, since surely having a second 1x12 would be useless as I have one already?

Well, your 1 x 12" combo probably isn't powerful enough to cover all your lows. If you had something like a shroeder (sp?) 1 x 12" and a head, then that would be powerful enough for everything. If you fancy a bi-amp set up, I would get a cheapish 1 x 15" combo at least 200W and add a guitar 1 or 2 x 12" combo at least 50W.

If you like your current combo, you could add a 1 x15" or 1 x 12" extension cab to it and that would help a lot.

Archived