2018.06.7-10 Bonnaroo Music Festival - Manchester, TN

willsfc

• 4 months later...

I think it's going to be the same with all the festivals this year. Same setlist, except with one "wildcard" song changed every time. Like with Bottlerock it was Resistance, and with Rock Am and Rock Im it was UD. With P'al Norte, it was even Showbiz.

I hope it's something from OoS like Bliss or Hyper Music even. That album seems to be the most overshadowed at setlists this year so far. If I spot a piano on the stage, I will be quite hyped. Could mean New Born or Space Dementia.

I hope it's something from OoS like Bliss or Hyper Music even. That album seems to be the most overshadowed at setlists this year so far.

They never play any Origin in the US, bar PIB. You’re winning the lottery to see Bliss or CE over there, let alone Hyper Music or Space Dementia. Even New Born hasn’t popped up there since the Mayan/Webster gigs in early 2015.

Then again, New Born’s only popped up 3 times since that year anyway.

They never play any Origin in the US, bar PIB. You’re winning the lottery to see Bliss or CE over there, let alone Hyper Music or Space Dementia. Even New Born hasn’t popped up there since the Mayan/Webster gigs in early 2015.

Then again, New Born’s only popped up 3 times since that year anyway.

They played Bliss like 5 or 6 times in the US last year though didn't they? And from what I recall two of those times were also festivals just like Bonnaroo. I'm holding out hope for that song at least.

They played Bliss like 5 or 6 times in the US last year though didn't they? And from what I recall two of those times were also festivals just like Bonnaroo. I'm holding out hope for that song at least.

They played it 5 times in 24 US gigs last year, aye, which is still pretty rare tbh and before that you’re looking at once in 17 over the Drones US tour and 4 times in 43 total US gigs across the whole T2L era. And, without FG around anymore, that’s your best chance at seeing an Origin song that ain’t PIB.

I’m just saying ’cos you seemed surprised Origin was being overlooked but they’ve always done it over there.

Edited by Jobby

Huh. Well, the more you know the better I guess.

Looks like my hope was wasted nonetheless. Looking at the setlist, they didn't even play a wilcard song. I guess they might have had time constraints because they removed Isolated System as well, but I doubt that as choosing to remove that slot seems rather odd.

• 4 weeks later...

So Bonnaroo was my first time seeing MUSE live. Was supposed to see them at Carolina Rebellion a few weeks prior, but had other obligations come up. Waited 5.5 hours to get front row for pit almost directly in front of Matt. I have never had another musical experience even come close to this show.

Thought.thumb.jpg.32789e02a629c14cdb4fba9b81ff50c4.jpg