2016.06.28 - Eiffel Tower, Paris, France

forevermusic

Muse will be performing a gig at the Eiffel Tower in Paris in June. Tickets will be sold in FNAC shops tomorrow (May 10th), and then go on general sale on May 11th at 10am CET. Tickets on sale here: http://muse.mu/news,eiffel-tower_2748.htm

Thread is for attendees.

For the record, the gig will be taking place in the Euro 2016 Fanzone at the base of the tower on the Champs des Mars, and not in the tower.

Okay so I'm being 100% crazy and going to this gig, as the coincidence is too much to turn down. I'm from Melbourne but in London on holiday at that time, so my plan is to get the Eurostar on Tuesday morning, line up from about 11/11:30am, stay in a random hostel that night and go back to London at 8:30am the next day. Quite terrified about doing this, so helpful advice/friends would be great!

Cost of travel means I'm not really keen on this... Any rough idea it'll be a hits set or something more? I know it's near impossible to predict...

I'm expecting a hits gig tbh. Isn't it something to do with the Euros fanzone?

I haven't bought a ticket anyway, gonna wait it out and see if we get a better idea what it'll be like.

Does anyone have any ideas about a seat map or anything?

The ticket I can get just says cateogory 1 but I have no idea about if it'd be a good spot or not

There is a 'seat' plan here, its all standing, there's a golden circle section at the front, and a large general area behind. I imagine that the front bit (pelouse d'or) is sold out, and that what's available now is the general standing area.

http://alias.fnacspectacles.com/place-spectacle/Concerts/Muse-p3166796786395312613.htm?intcat=www.fnacspectacles.com&intter=hp_muse_mea1evenements-home-slideshow_090516_concerts_default

Seriously tempted to go to this! Didn't I hear somewhere that Matt said they'd play Showbiz at a Paris gig? I'd kill for Showbiz..

He said they'd come back and play it at a small gig. This one's for 90,000 people so... :chuckle:

Wouldn't be unlike Matt to make a goof like that though, I suppose. Still, I doubt this'll be the Showbiz gig.

Can this show be recorded for a live album or film? Anyone of the band member or the crew said something about it?

If this is the biggest show they've ever done it deserves to be immortalized, i also hope for a great choice of songs.

Okay, fuck it, I think I'm gonna buy a ticket for this. Does anyone reckon it matters what 'door' you buy your ticket for? Never used a system where you have to choose the entrance before :unsure:

Edit: Nvm, think I'm just gonna get that 'golden circle' thingy.

Edited by Jobby

What even is a golden circle anyway

Think it's basically where they section off the pit/bit right in front of the stage to people with slightly more expensive tickets. Not entirely sure how it's enforced though, never been somewhere where it's been done before tmk.

That's it exactly. It's enforced by barriers, security, separate entrances. Sometimes you get in the golden circle by paying more for designated tickets, sometimes you get in by getting there early, depends on the organisers, and the purpose... profit/crowd control etc

Holy crap! Did I just do what I think I did???? You bet your ass... We bought tickets for this concert. Flying in from Vancouver to see it, we saw the tour in Vegas and now Paris with a backdrop of the Eiffel Tower! Now to sort out flights I go.

Holy crap! Did I just do what I think I did???? You bet your ass... We bought tickets for this concert. Flying in from Vancouver to see it, we saw the tour in Vegas and now Paris with a backdrop of the Eiffel Tower! Now to sort out flights I go.

That's bold! But this show is going to be something special, be sure to enjoy it.

I told myself i wasn't going to go, i have things which i need to pay for

so on the day the tickets were released, i just woke up, bought a ticket, and went back to sleep, believing it was a dream,and well my ticket came last friday

hotel booked

flights are being booked this weekend, and well, I'm now just clocking on that I'm going to another country, to see a band, on my lonesome

this should be fun

I've bought tickets for the gig and my ticket says porte 4 (door 4) which I can see from the stage map is a bit further down from the actual stage. Does anyone know if because of my porte number I will have to remain in that kind of area or it's possible to make my way to the front?

I've also seen people talking about this Golden Circle? How were tickets for that area bought (I'm assuming they're sold out now)? And is this area only accessible to people with tickets for it.

I bought the tickets because of a sudden 2am impulse without any plan of getting to Paris from Ireland but I've now convinced my mam and brother to take a family holiday to Paris :LOL:

Thanks for any help!

Hi there,

is there anyone else who had trouble in ordering tickets for the Eiffel tower event? When I try to order (from Germany), I always get the message: "credit card number is not correct" and I checked it at least 3 times.... :(

I've bought tickets for the gig and my ticket says porte 4 (door 4) which I can see from the stage map is a bit further down from the actual stage. Does anyone know if because of my porte number I will have to remain in that kind of area or it's possible to make my way to the front?

I've also seen people talking about this Golden Circle? How were tickets for that area bought (I'm assuming they're sold out now)? And is this area only accessible to people with tickets for it.

I bought the tickets because of a sudden 2am impulse without any plan of getting to Paris from Ireland but I've now convinced my mam and brother to take a family holiday to Paris :LOL:

Thanks for any help!

Once you're in you'll be able to access the whole general admission area; it's all one area inside, no matter what gate you go in... EXCEPT for the golden circle "pelouse d'or" area; This is a front sectioned area: tickets were available when the gig first went on sale, at a higher price, and should only be accessible to people who bought these tickets. I should think they are sold out now.