2016.02.01 - Verizon Center, Washington, DC, USA

halo eighteen

I was waiting to see if they would announce more venues south of DC, but I think I might just grab some tickets and tell my older sister to make her couch available for me.

So, question, since I was silly and didn't buy during presale, where do you typically find the least cringe worthy ticket prices?

no more dates for the US next year. This is the last one.

• 2 weeks later...
I was hoping I could get some advice for the locals. My daughter will be flying in for this show from So. Cal. and I'm wondering what would be the easiest way to get from the airport to the venue.

I'm not from DC, but I'm flying into DCA(Reagan National Airport) and the Metrorail Yellow line goes straight to the venue from the airport.

There are like 3 different airports so make sure its the right one. not sure about options for the others.

Right now, we're leaning towards booking a flight into Baltimore and having her take the rail in. It drops off right near the venue. I wish I could go with her but money's too tight because of the other 6 shows we did. So, I want to make sure all her ducks are in a row before she leaves. She purchased a VIP ticket for this one so she wouldn't have to worry about queuing up.

I'm grateful to have seen Bliss before, but I have a few others that I really want and have not heard live yet: Fury, Citizen Erased, Showbiz, Ruled by Secrecy, and Sing For Absolution.

so...Muse, please add one or all of those to your set in Washington DC! :D

Edited by reggmeister

Right now, we're leaning towards booking a flight into Baltimore and having her take the rail in. It drops off right near the venue. I wish I could go with her but money's too tight because of the other 6 shows we did. So, I want to make sure all her ducks are in a row before she leaves. She purchased a VIP ticket for this one so she wouldn't have to worry about queuing up.

if she is flying into Baltimore, I am not sure the Baltimore airport is near a rail station, but rail goes to Union Station and there she will need to switch to red line metro to Chinatown

try to find flights to Reagan National, that is the easiest.

I have 3 General Admission for DC I accidentally bought during the pre-sale thinking I had purchased for Boston. I'm in Boston and cannot go to DC. I just noticed this today when I went to look at my order. Hoping to sell them at face value and get my money back. They are will call but I can change the name of the person picking them up to whoever purchases them. PM if interested.

I was hoping I could get some advice for the locals. My daughter will be flying in for this show from So. Cal. and I'm wondering what would be the easiest way to get from the airport to the venue.

Definitely Ronald Reagan National Airport would be the easiest and most convenient since she'd only have to take the Yellow line metro and be there in less than 20 minutes.

From Dulles in VA it's a bit more complicated because it would involve walking for half a mile, taking a bus, and then the metro, which would take about 1 hour and a half.

From BWI in MD the distance is longer, but it would take less time. A little bit more than an hour. I actually work very close to BWI, so if she arrives in the afternoon I'd have no problem carpooling and taking her to the venue. I also have a VIP package. We'd have to arrive a bit earlier for the exhibit, though.

Edited by mr.jingles

Definitely Ronald Reagan National Airport would be the easiest and most convenient since she'd only have to take the Yellow line metro and be there in less than 20 minutes.

From Dulles in VA it's a bit more complicated because it would involve walking for half a mile, taking a bus, and then the metro, which would take about 1 hour and a half.

From BWI in MD the distance is longer, but it would take less time. A little bit more than an hour. I actually work very close to BWI, so if she arrives in the afternoon I'd have no problem carpooling and taking her to the venue. I also have a VIP package. We'd have to arrive a bit earlier for the exhibit, though.

Thank you. If something seems to not work out, I may take you up on that:) She is arriving at BWI the morning of the show. I was able to find her a shuttle service from BWI to her hotel. It was $45 round trip amazingly. I went to change her ticket last week (before the storm hit). United wanted to charge me an extra $800! $174 each way to fly out of DCA and then an additional $400 in charge fees!

Getting her a hotel near the venue AND a shuttle service cost less than changing the ticket! What a headache this has all been. Now I just have to pray she makes her connecting flight in Chicago.

Thank you. If something seems to not work out, I may take you up on that:) She is arriving at BWI the morning of the show. I was able to find her a shuttle service from BWI to her hotel. It was $45 round trip amazingly. I went to change her ticket last week (before the storm hit). United wanted to charge me an extra $800! $174 each way to fly out of DCA and then an additional $400 in charge fees!

Getting her a hotel near the venue AND a shuttle service cost less than changing the ticket! What a headache this has all been. Now I just have to pray she makes her connecting flight in Chicago.

I'm glad you guys were able to work it out. Feel free to get in contact with me if you need anything.

I seriously can't believe I FINALLY got the chance to hear 'Citizen Erased' live. I've going to Muse shows for 10 years, this being my 15th show and I always held a bit of hope that someday I'd hear CE live, but I almost gave up hope. It's like going on dozens upon dozens of dates where you never get to kiss a girl.

THANK YOU!! AND A MILLION TIMES THANK YOU TO THE GIRLS BY THE BARRIER WHO MADE THEIR CE SIGNS AND I BET THEY WERE THRILLED TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED BY MATT! I actually walked up to them after the show and I thanked them. I'm not sure if they are members of this board, but if you are I just want to say that you guys made my night a truly memorable one.

Edited by mr.jingles

I seriously can't believe I FINALLY got the chance to hear 'Citizen Erased' live.

THANK YOU!! AND A MILLION TIMES THANK YOU TO THE GIRLS BY THE BARRIER WHO MADE THEIR CE SIGNS AND I BET THEY WERE THRILLED TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED BY MATT! I actually walked up to them after the show and I thanked them.

What did he say introducing the song? All I can make out is "is this the one you wanted" and "been to all our shows"

That was some of my friends, die-hard Musers all, who made the signs and had them at the east coast shows. But they don't really use this forum (on FB tho) so I can thank them for you, Jingles! Rissa got the video.

In the intro, he says, "This next song is for a handful of hardcore fans who came to (garbled) -- oh hello! -- shows. [points to 7-string] This is the one you wanted; it's this one?" I love the way he stops for water at 4:00!

Hahaha, that's awesome. Much better than "this one's for the ten of you who want it, the rest of you bear with us" (summarizing) in Toronto. lol

It was really nice, as was the "this tour was really short" remark, and honestly made me rethink his previous negative comments before the songs.

Maybe it's just the post-gig thing getting to me...

Is it too much to think a big rock star is a bit insecure about the fan base?

Highlights: Reapers, The Globalist, Apocalypse Please, Map of the Problematique, Citizen Erased

Low points: Starlight, guitarless Uprising, Drones twice

Really, when they played Citizen Erased, the show was pretty much over for me. They could have played anything else in the setlist and I still would have loved it. They could have played Justin Bieber and I still would have loved it.

Also, the stage setup and visual aspect (drones, balloon-plane, black balloons) were great. I think Muse does in-the-round shows really well. Didn't see much of the opening band, X Ambassadors, but they seemed alright. Will post a full review soon.

It was really nice, as was the "this tour was really short" remark, and honestly made me rethink his previous negative comments before the songs.

Maybe it's just the post-gig thing getting to me...

Is it too much to think a big rock star is a bit insecure about the fan base?

It's tough. If you're cynical, you think they're just out to screw you over. If you're more sympathetic, then maybe you think Matt's never been the naturally social type and might say things that sound weird out of context, or just awkward naturally.

I dunno. I definitely think their setlist selections this tour were the least inspired of any of the three tours I've seen them in. However, they still put on fantastic shows that ranked upon my favorites of last year. We just have picky and high expectations. And hope.