2016.04.09 - Manchester Arena, Manchester, England

OriginOfGeorgia

Last night was amazing but hoping for some of CE, SS, PIB, USOE, AP, Revolt or Resistance tonight.

Hopefully will not get UD, FG, MOTP or TAB

That went well then!

Bugger me that was a belter. As was the night before, mind, but whoa. Madchester.

Great gig last night, really enjoyed.......got to say though, security at the arena was shocking! We got straight in with absolutely no checks. At Birmingham you were bag checked and had a full body "pat down". I fear it is a disaster waiting to happen.:$:confused:

The second night setlist was near perfect and the best I have seen since LCCC.

I was slightly disappointed with the first night but this more than made up for it and I saw 2 nights without them playing UD which is another plus.

I thought Revolt would get a better response as it has a great chorus but no one seemed to be really moving.

I can honestly say this is the best I have seen Muse play. The size of the stage made it well worth the money and the setlist was as good as it could be to keep everyone happy. And God the sound was incredible! I have to say in terms of sound, Psycho, The Globalist and Reapers were the standouts, which I found interesting with them being the new songs. Doesn't normally work like that. Starting with Reapers was epic!

I thought Revolt would get a better response as it has a great chorus but no one seemed to be really moving.

Really? I would say the opposite. I was expecting it to not get much of a reaction, yet everyone around us was bouncing around when the tempo increased and singing the chorus. I used to think Revolt wasn't a bad song, but after witnessing it live I can actually say I like it.

Really loved the stage set up, i was sat in the lower tier block 110 and a had a good view! Even though i had seats i stood for the whole gig and even at times on the aisle steps but the person i took with me sat down for some of it as were a few people next to us, you could see who the hardcore fans were ;)

first time i'd seen muse since Wembley Stadium many years ago and they were just as good if not better!

bit gutted to not hear new born or bliss but still a great set list!

Up there with the best time I've seen Muse. Was on the barrier of Chris' wing, although Matt probably spent more time on it. Crowd around me was great for the most part, particularly the large section in the centre of each side.

Disappointed they dropped TaB, was looking forward to that most. Confused as to why they dropped it altogether.

Was please CE replaced Feeling Good, but why not have CE + piano section? I was hoping for AP - a song I've not seen live yet.

All in all I'd probably say last night was only beaten by Wembley '10, Leeds '11 and Manchester Academy '15 - not too shabby!

All in all I'd probably say last night was only beaten by Wembley '10, Leeds '11 and Manchester Academy '15 - not too shabby!

download fam

Dead Star, New Born, Agitated, Micro Cuts and Hysteria vs. Starlight, Resistance, Madness, Revolt and The Globalist. I mean, I love Revolt but that's a slaugter.

download fam

Dead Star, New Born, Agitated, Micro Cuts and Hysteria vs. Starlight, Resistance, Madness, Revolt and The Globalist. I mean, I love Revolt but that's a slaugter.

do you know what, for some reason Download slipped my mind altogether! Okay revised decision is that this gig was my 5th favourite out of 8 :LOL:

Fuck it here's a list even though it may be more suitable for another thread..

Manchester Academy '15

Leeds '11/Download '15

Wembley '10

Manchester Arena '16

Etihad '13

Manchester Arena '12

Echo arena '09

Edited by danielmuse12

• 5 weeks later...
Great gig last night, really enjoyed.......got to say though, security at the arena was shocking! We got straight in with absolutely no checks. At Birmingham you were bag checked and had a full body "pat down". I fear it is a disaster waiting to happen.:$:confused:

i got asked what was in my bottle, and if there was anything underneath my muse flag.

My mum walked straight in, without a bag check, and we spoke about this, that we could've just brought a gun or a bomb in and really fucked shit up

good job i was more interested in seeing stockholm syndrome than wanting to do any of that...i save that for GTA

Up there with the best time I've seen Muse. Was on the barrier of Chris' wing, although Matt probably spent more time on it. Crowd around me was great for the most part, particularly the large section in the centre of each side.

Disappointed they dropped TaB, was looking forward to that most. Confused as to why they dropped it altogether.

Was please CE replaced Feeling Good, but why not have CE + piano section? I was hoping for AP - a song I've not seen live yet.

Wembley 2010 was amazing, Leeds will never be beaten, it will be the greatest memory i have of seeing muse live.

and for Take a Bow? Id love to see an actual paper setlist of the song, maybe they're feeling tired, or just thought fuck it

• 3 weeks later...

Had a random memory of this gig when Chris was popping the rest of the balloons and the crowd was doing the slow build up chant every time a balloon was getting near him and cheered when he popped it.

Then when he'd thought they were all gone another was slowly bouncing towards him from behind and the crowd start chanting again and he starting looking around frantically for it. Don't know why but I found that hilarious :LOL: I can't remember what song this was after though.