I definitely know a few people but it's still so strange to me. I mean I get that it's opinions and all that but there's this huge metalhead who just loves The Resistance and T2L and when I ask him about Origin of Symmetry he's like "honestly, meh".

To be honest, I'd be curious to know at this point how many people who know all of Muse's albums would choose any of the last three as their favourite...

It has some of my favourite Muse songs on it - Dead Inside, Reapers, The Handler - but as a whole it's definitely not in my top 3 favourite 'albums' of theirs.

To be honest, I'd be curious to know at this point how many people who know all of Muse's albums would choose any of the last three as their favourite...

Me, I would. TR is my fav Muse album hands down, and when I've met Muse fans in other circles, many of them have loved the past three records (or most of them) more than the earlier stuff in general.

TR and DRONES both make my top 3.

It's dropped down into the bottom 3 for me. Used to be 3rd or 4th but, as much as I hate its flow, Abso had to take it over through sheer song quality.

Still, it doesn't sound like much but it's easily the best out of the last 3.

I think album wise, OoS and Absolution are the absolute best. But I see so many strong singles from BH&R, TR, and Drones. Showbiz has good singles too like Showbiz, Muscle Museum, and Fillip. Drones has Globalist, Aftermath, Drones, The Handler. The Resistance has Overture, Uprising, Undisclosed Desires... BH&R has many catchy tunes as well.

Unrelated to Drones but, off the last few posts, it recently hit me that Showbiz gets super underrated imo.

Showbiz and Hate This are GOATs. Muscle Museum, Sunburn, Falling Down, Cave, Fillip and Uno are all great. Even Unintended's decent enough. Pretty cohesive vibe and sound...it's only real obvious blunder is that Sober through Overdue run.

I think album wise, OoS and Absolution are the absolute best. But I see so many strong singles from BH&R, TR, and Drones. Showbiz has good singles too like Showbiz, Muscle Museum, and Fillip. Drones has Globalist, Aftermath, Drones, The Handler. The Resistance has Overture, Uprising, Undisclosed Desires... BH&R has many catchy tunes as well.
Not sure you know what "single" means, but yeah, I think it was Mozza who said that it's embarrassing that songs like Sunburn actually sound more current than their new stuff when played live. Origin of Symmetry has aged really really well too, while what they've been doing lately was outdated already in the 90s.

Unrelated to Drones but, off the last few posts, it recently hit me that Showbiz gets super underrated imo.

Showbiz and Hate This are GOATs. Muscle Museum, Sunburn, Falling Down, Cave, Fillip and Uno are all great. Even Unintended's decent enough. Pretty cohesive vibe and sound...it's only real obvious blunder is that Sober through Overdue run.

I thought Showbiz was half bad till I finally bought it earlier this year.

Underrated is an understatement. Some of Matt's most personal and passionate songwriting on that thing, and the whole band holds nothing back.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, the song itself is good but thoensolos elevate it to a higher status imo. Great example of how effective the whammy pedal can be

Yep, thats true.

I just love the transition. The way that Matt slides into the first one :happy:

It's always reminded me of the way you can hear Angus slide back down the fretboard on Back In Black on that solo .