2015.05.16 KROQ Weenie Roast, Irvine, CA

JessicaSarahS

One week! :dance:

I bought my Weenie Roast ticket and ordered it as a hard ticket. I contacted LiveNation because I needed my ticket mailed to my new address. They confirmed the change and shortly after, I received an email stating that my tickets have been printed and will be sent out. However, i still haven't received my ticket. Most likely this coming week.

For people who have been to Weenie Roast before, do set times get announced before the show or on the day of?

Usually a day or two before.

Here's last year's set times, to give you an idea of what to expect:

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/kroq-weenie-roast-2014-virtual-program-set-times-and-venue-info/

Also, FYI, Irvine Meadows has a hard curfew of 11pm. KROQ will be fined if they go past that time because of local noise ordinances. (Well, any performer there will.)

What time is everyone planning to get there? I know the program isn't out, but obviously Muse will be playing last, so is anyone interested in seeing some of the smaller/earlier acts?

I'll probably get there around 1pm or so. I want to see Big Data and Walk the Moon. Hopefully they're a bit later in the day. :LOL:

The side stage is GA even though the main stage is majority seated correct?

Correct. I will probably get there early. I want to see Saint Motel, who will probably be one of the first on. They are tons of fun.

Oh, btw... extra tickets got released for Weenie Roast. As of 1:15AM Pacific Time, there are several dozen spots available in Terrace and Loge, including blocks of 4 consecutive seats.

http://concerts.livenation.com/kroq-weenie-roast-irvine-california-05-16-2015/event/09004E97B81840FA

I'm very tempted to buy a closer ticket, but I feel like the chances for me to re-sell my terrace seat are low. Is it really worth the loss :erm:

throw em up for sale on livenation, I sold my extra terrace ticket in one of the worst parts of the venue (literally last row before lawn) and someone bought it for face.

Also, 3 days wooooooooooooo

I bit the bullet and bought a closer ticket, a loge ticket for the same price as my terrace seat. I put up my ticket for sale but if it doesn't get sold then I've convinced a friend to accompany me. If I'm out $100 I might as well have some company. Hopefully he'll be able to handle my insane fangirling side.

I'm hoping that I can find a pair of empty seats in my section so that my friend and I can sit together, but if I can't I already warned him that for Muse's set I'll definitely be in the closer section :LOL: I went to Almost Acoustic Xmas two years ago and I couldn't get a pair of tickets next to each other, but when me and my boyfriend arrived, there were plenty of open seats so we could sit together. Hope that I can manage something similar on Saturday. From the looks of the seat map on ticketmaster there might be plenty of open spots.

Anyways, I'm kinda happy that I'll have a buddy since it'll be a two hour drive each way for me. Nice to have someone to talk to in the car.

I mean really. In past years, Avicii gets 90 minutes, Black Keys get 90 minutes. Muse gets 50? Yet they have twice the career than the other 2 have combined. Disappointed in Kroq. Take Vance Joy off the bill and give his 30 minutes of fame to Muse!