Hey, I'm 12 years old, from the Philippines and TOTALLY addicted to Muse! :D Best band alive now, I swear. Starlight has been getting pretty good airtime on the radio now. :D Well, I hope to see them live, either here or elsewhere, because I've watched their live videos and they're just outstanding! Excellent. They're living legends, obviously. I bought all their albums, but i can't find Hullabaloo here. :( I really hope to see them live, and I think it's great that they're getting more and more known here. :D Starlight changed my life! Haha, and so did all their other songs. :D

Hey, I'm 12 years old, from the Philippines and TOTALLY addicted to Muse! :D Best band alive now, I swear. Starlight has been getting pretty good airtime on the radio now. :D Well, I hope to see them live, either here or elsewhere, because I've watched their live videos and they're just outstanding! Excellent. They're living legends, obviously. I bought all their albums, but i can't find Hullabaloo here. :( I really hope to see them live, and I think it's great that they're getting more and more known here. :D Starlight changed my life! Haha, and so did all their other songs. :D

Hey there. :) I see you love Muse too. Well, good to you. :D Where'd you buy all their albums, by the way? I only have BAR and Absolution, but where can I find OOS and Showbiz?

Hey there. :) I see you love Muse too. Well, good to you. :D Where'd you buy all their albums, by the way? I only have BAR and Absolution, but where can I find OOS and Showbiz?

Hello. :) I found OOS in Astroplus (or Astrovision) on the sale rack.:) And showbiz was a pasalubong from my Aunt who went to Europe. Haha. Great albums, all of them. :D

• 3 weeks later...
where'dya find absolution?

Um, I found it in National Bookstore in Katipunan. Haha. I don't know if there are still any copies left, I just managed to find it during an odd trip there. You can ask Music One a copy, if you want. You just have to leave your name and contact details. Or, you can buy it online. It's up to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh. My. God.

Yun na lang muna ang sasabihin ko... :p

...bago ako magkulong sa kuwarto at tumalon-talon sa tuwa.

Sige sige, hindi muna ako aasa, kasi baka hindi pa matuloy, pero...

aah...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Muse live...in Quezon City!

Sobrang lapit lang sa bahay ko. hahaha

AMPOTA!!!!!!!!!!!

SANA TOTOO TO... TAENA KAHIT AKO LANG MAGISA MANUOD AT KAHIT GAANO P KAMAHAL UNG TICKET BIBILI AKO BASTA INFRONT OF STAGE AKO...

(pardon for my rude words... im just so excited... but also not geeting my hopes up)

i hope this is true. although it said there that the rumours came from a local radio station --- that must have been from the reply of Francis Brew in this thread. He said he mentioned last year that there was an effort to bring MUSE here c/o MTV and the British Council but there wasn't enough support back then.

We're really trying to make an effort for people here to be fans of MUSE. Even if we're all hardcore fans, there's still a lot of people who don't know them... Kailangan niyong iinfluence yung mga kaibigan niyo!!! Francis always mentions our country -- during the interview with Chris and in the recent presscon in Hong Kong... Si Francis lang yung may sobrang matino na tanong na natuwa yung tatlo during the presscon yung ibang reporters parang ang corny and typical yung mga tanong. Dapat talaga pumunta sila dito kasi kung sino pa yung tiga bansa na hindi nila pupuntahan, sila pa yung mas may alam doon sa music nila!

Ang key kasi para pumunta ang isang banda dito is yung album sales. Album sales here in Manila isn't that high because not a lot of people buy CDs. If you're fans of MUSE here in Manila bumili lang kayo ng CDs!!! In Singapore they sold over 15,000 copies of Black holes and Revelations, while in Hong Kong, Absolution went platinum. here in manila around 3,000 palang ata, not bad because the previous albums sold mga 900 lang ata... but it's still not enough...

Downloads and pirated ang pumapatay sa industriya natin dito...

Although if Araneta was true we would have known by now. If they are coming here then that's really great... Although I have a feeling mga next year pa... or the next album... which Matt says is probably going to be more exploratory than the most recent one...

ano ba yon, pag naglabas pa sila agad ng new album masmababaliw pako!!! good luck to us all!!!

dolly.jpg

Niña Sandejas

http://dollyrockmuse.livejournal.com

Tama ka man. Sana talaga matuloy 'tong gig na 'to. Now I've been only a Muse fan for like a year but I treat them as if I've heard them my whole life. Haha.

Nakakaasar kasi mga Pinoy ngayon e, puro na lang Hale pati Sponge Cola ang pinapakinggan, hindi nila masyadong pinapansin yung mga International acts. I support OPM, but nakakaasar na talaga yung mga main stream artists. Dapat matuto sila from Matt, Chris and Dom. Those guys will surely teach all those "bands" how be the BEST.

Yung album sales naman, kasalanan yun ng mga nagbebenta sa Greenhills. Kailangan talagang iwasan ang piracy, kahit gaanong kamura or kaganda ng quality, masama kasi talaga yung shit na yun(sorry for the language).

Kung kaya nating lahat, we can create a petition of some sort that we can send to those guys who manage Muse and pray very hard that they will tour here. Pwede rin tayong gumawa ng official Muse fan club dito sa Pilipinas.

If we want to see them here (and I'm sure that will happen), we should make a stand! Kung nakasama nga tayo sa World Tour ng Incubus noong 2004, makakasama din tayo sa Muse!

Sino pala may Hullabaloo Soundtrack sa inyo? :stunned:

no it's not hard, the latest album is very much available. The old ones are the ones that are hard to find. It's just that people don't buy enough CDs here because teenagers here would rather use their allowance for something more important and for example you get PhP1,000 a week for an allowance (which is already quite a lot for most of us, some kids just get 500) CDs are at 350-400...

Record labels try to figure out if they will have CDs released here because if it doesn't sell then they'll be out of business... There's a new black holes and revelations CD with a bonus DVD out in Hong Kong and Singapore but they're still trying to see if they will release it here because that's added cost to them.

Yeah, she's right.

Black Holes & Revelations is pretty much out of stock in some music outlets. I went to Galleria yesterday and I checked every music outlet inside Galleria to find out that there are no more copies available. The only store in Galleria with BH&R was Radio City. I don't know about the other malls in Manila, but I'll check Shang later.

About the old albums, I managed to stumble upon a copy of Absolution in NBS Katipunan some time ago (I did mention it before). There are still copies of OOS in Manila, but you've got to go though almost every sale rack in every music store. My friends also stumbled upon a copy of OOS in Galleria months back, but too bad we weren't able to buy it. Showbiz is pretty much gone here, though.

I've stopped downloading Muse songs completely (except those EP's, b-sides and live performances). I wanna buy another copy of BH&R to support the sales(and I really need another copy, since mine's already messed up).

If you guys have an extra copy of OOS, mind if I buy it? :D

Off topic: hi I'm new. I know muse since hyper music but became a fan when I heard butterflies and hurricanes. And I'm one of guio's friends that saw OOS in galleria and did't buy it:(

Topic: I think one major problem here is popularity, which we all know. Warner Music Phil. doesn't promote Muse as mush as their other, more famous, artists like christian buatista, Green Day and My Chemical Romance which, the last two, now has an ever more growing fanbase here. Popularity = album sales = tour in araneta = 4th SEA country Muse played on.

warner music malaysia didnt promote muse much here either.. the only song that we always hear on the radio is supermassive and now its starlight (heavy, heavy rotation i mite add :rolleyes: ) so i guess we're lucky to haf ém.. but i seriously hope they'll be coming to philipines this aug..

then lets put them to the charts. starting invincible then map of the problematique then so on. who knows, we might have a headline gig here with 24 songs because of our hard work

Sino dito may alam kung saan nagbebenta ng Absolution dvd sa pinas?:)

According to musewiki.org, the Muse concert here in Manila will NOT be in Araneta Coliseum, but it will be in the same venue where Incubus had their concert here: The Philippine International Convention Center or PICC in Pasay.

This is kinda weird, but I tried backmasking Stockholm Syndrome and the chorus sounds wicked. You should hear for youself.