Yes, Theodores talent would be shot to hell if he used double bass.

I'm pretty sure he'd kick ass on whatever equipment he chose to use.

How I feel about double bass is MY opinion, it cannot be debated and it cannot be disproved. I couldn't care less what the PDFers think on the matter, this is my opinion and it is not subject to repeal by popular opinion. I don't care that you raised this topic on another forum, I care that you think their opinions, for or against, will invalidate mine. Fuck it, I just don't care at all. You did it, you "disprooved" [sic] what somebody else thinks. :rolleyes:

Um... I'm sure you can guess

Then start a petition and try to get me banned but, for gods sake, don't get any of whatever it is you've got on me.

So Niles, how was your day?

Got my new drums, new sticks, new heads, new hardware and O-Week starts next week. So fecking brilliant. You?

I'm pretty sure he'd kick ass on whatever equipment he chose to use.

How I feel about double bass is MY opinion, it cannot be debated and it cannot be disproved. I couldn't care less what the PDFers think on the matter, this is my opinion and it is not subject to repeal by popular opinion. I don't care that you raised this topic on another forum, I care that you think their opinions, for or against, will invalidate mine. Fuck it, I just don't care at all. You did it, you "disprooved" [sic] what somebody else thinks. :rolleyes:

Oh, I don't disagree with that. I was being sarcastic.

And thats fine. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. Thats what makes the world different. I am not necessarily trying to change your opinion, just pointing out how closed-minded it is. I don't think others opinions will invalidate yours - rather I hope to shed new light so your opinion can be better formed.

Just leave it alone. It's not close-minded, it's being opinionated.

Yeah, do.

Got my new drums, new sticks, new heads, new hardware and O-Week starts next week. So fecking brilliant. You?

Digital kit cymbal pad broke. So whereas I actually wanted to get a new one I now have to send one back to get fixed and THEN get a new one....its all going a bit tits up - but in the long run i'll be happy. So at the moment im sorta 'meh' feeling, but in a few weeks (when thomann respond) ill be 'wheey' again! :LOL:

ok im quite shocked this hasnt been brought up

how come dom hasnt got his own section on drummerworld? wereas people like meg white do?

MEG FUCKING WHITE???

I'm surprised no one from HERE has done so. *looks in ADAM's direction*

pressure pressure pressure!!

because ive been making this:

http://www.musedrums.rocks.it

:D

(work in progress - but you get the jist)

here's a couple of videos of me drumming. first one is when i decided to randomly record myself drumming in sheer boredom. watch out for the retarded stick drop :D

second video is an improvised jam with my band.

cheers bladesssss.

IjaeSnjvDys

XJ2O1N8HNgk

(until it's processed, the first video may not appear.)

the last 30 seconds of your solo really impressed me - good work

good jam aswell - nice feel good music

think i play my triplets wrong - im right handed but i play them the way a left handed person does - so i hit the floor tom first - then rack - then bass:(

ooop

because ive been making this:

http://www.musedrums.rocks.it

(work in progress - but you get the jist)

Cool, indeed. That first pic on the "The Man" page is great, he looks as though he uses the same sticks as me, too, Pro-Mark 747Ws. Q: What's "Buchler 200E"?

If I may make some suggestions, his drums aren't really deep at all, the floors and bass are standard sizes with the rack being at that shortest end of what's common. IMO these are deep toms:

18c165e4.jpg

For OoS the splash was an 8" A Custom, not A, and playing ghost notes and pedalling the hats is not really a jazz influence, it's very common (I can't think of a drummer that doesn't do those things).

here's a couple of videos of me drumming.

Downloading now. EDIT: Nice KC ride.

think i play my triplets wrong - im right handed but i play them the way a left handed person does - so i hit the floor tom first - then rack - then bass

That's leading with the right hand.

• 2 weeks later...
*first YT vid*

Dont you HATE it when your bass pedal gets stuck in your trousers! I wanna know the pro's secret! I either wear trousers that have a toggle at the bottom (put my foot through it and use it as an elastci band) or actually get a REAL elastic band and put it around the bottom of my trousers OR tuck my trousers into my sock. Either way I look stupid walking onstage with a trouser leg tucked in! :LOL:

Cool, indeed. That first pic on the "The Man" page is great, he looks as though he uses the same sticks as me, too, Pro-Mark 747Ws. Q: What's "Buchler 200E"?

If I may make some suggestions, his drums aren't really deep at all, the floors and bass are standard sizes with the rack being at that shortest end of what's common. IMO these are deep toms:

18c165e4.jpg

For OoS the splash was an 8" A Custom, not A, and playing ghost notes and pedalling the hats is not really a jazz influence, it's very common (I can't think of a drummer that doesn't do those things).

Oh ok - you're right - I knew they werent 'deep' as in that picture! haha but I always thought that they were heading for the bigger end of drums. Eg. rock and fusion drum bags. They're the two main set up 'sizes' catering for the 2 most popular drum sizes. Yet doms bass drum wont fit into them - its deeper than the average bass drum.....and the same with the toms.

So no theyre not 'deep' as such - but theyre bigger than average...guess an edit is required! :D

thatd be the Buchla 200E modular synthesiser

its the thing he plays with during TaB live

:yesey: Trying to find pics of it lol

and whilst im here - bit of shameless promotion....new muse drumming vids! :D

Stockholm Syndrome

[YT]nRD9KD7gtBo[/YT]

Hysteria

[YT]LzL1x0AfNaE[/YT]

Dont you HATE it when your bass pedal gets stuck in your trousers! I wanna know the pro's secret! I either wear trousers that have a toggle at the bottom (put my foot through it and use it as an elastci band) or actually get a REAL elastic band and put it around the bottom of my trousers OR tuck my trousers into my sock. Either way I look stupid walking onstage with a trouser leg tucked in! :LOL:

My dad may still have his bicycle clips around if you are interested in borrowing them.

Maybe that was the original reason for the infamous Red Hot Chili Pepper gig where they played naked except for a strategically placed sock...to avoid instrument / clothing tangle related problems.... I'm not suggesting anything Adam but hell....it may just add that something extra to your next youtube drum vids :D

Nice new vids by the way...getting more adventurous in the directing stakes as well...keep em coming.

My dad may still have his bicycle clips around if you are interested in borrowing them.

haha someone else reccommended them to me - think it was my nan! :LOL:

Maybe that was the original reason for the infamous Red Hot Chili Pepper gig where they played naked except for a strategically placed sock...to avoid instrument / clothing tangle related problems.... I'm not suggesting anything Adam but hell....it may just add that something extra to your next youtube drum vids :D

hahah LMAO just playing with a sock on! Could be interesting - especially with my see therough bass now! hahahah :LOL:

Nice new vids by the way...getting more adventurous in the directing stakes as well...keep em coming.

I'm now the proud owner of adobe premier pro, you see! ;)

Our drummer wears shorts on stage.

Yeah - ive seen dom wear 3/4 lengths (but i would have thought theyre worse! lol)