I am going to have to sit on the fence on these issues as I lack the knowledge and experience of you guys to confidently discuss these matters...but I do know 2 things...

1) it is spelt "Diarrhoea" IP ;)

and

2) I am sorry but I find that large kit that Lang uses seriously oncool...I mean, is he trying to compensate for something ??....I don't care how good a drummer he is, I would be far too embarrassed to sit behind his kit.

Anyway...enough said.....carry on....:rolleyes:

Sorry to bring this back up, but due to recent stupidity, this needs to be addressed.

Next time, instead of warning us of imminent stupidity, just stop yourself from posting.

Hence I can assume its a Ludwig

No you can't! There are trillions of mirror drumkits in the world, 98% of them have been wrapped, 2% are polished stainless steel. 1.5% of that 2% are Ludwig brand.

then back up my point with looking at the hardware.

The hardware is the clincher, not the finish.

Bonham played many kits with a mirrored look.

One, and it was made of stainless steel. I said "Ludwig never made any wood drums with a mirror finish". Do you get it yet?

Also, I will take a few pictures of some of the cymbals lying around my house. I expect you to sucessfully name brand, model, and diameter.

Sure thing. I warn you , I can only estimate diameter, and I only do pro cymbals.

Technicality does not mean lack of musicality. Listen to Under a Glass Moon. Paradigm Shift. Or, since you seem to bemso big into Bonham, check out his Zeppelin tribute band, Hammer of the Gods.

Since you're big into quotes be a good retreiver and point out EXACTLY where I said that technicality and musicality are mutually exclusice druming traits. In fact, I suspect that if you hadn't executed the knee jerk reaction "omigoshmustdefendportnoy" and spent some more time actually comprehending the words that I've types on dozens of previous occassions you'd have noted that I love technicality.

Interestingly those are the songs I've listened to. The statement stands. I've also seen him try to play Moby Dick without swing and I would say it was excruciating.

Seeing as you seem to be the person who will go to great lengths just to say that only single pedaled, jazz/fusion/odd-time signatured drummers are the only good drummers,

Quote that! Wow you're a dumbass. I specifically said that my favourite drummers were Theodore, Weckl and Holmes, of the three TWO USE A DOUBLE AND ONE PLAYS PROG.

consider this - Vinnie Colauita uses double bass. Thomas Lang uses double bass. Neil Peart does too, and that is in a very musical setting.

I know that, retard. I cannot believe I'm going to have to hold your hand and discuss every famous drummer who uses a double, so here's a catch all statement:

JUST WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT TAKE TO INDUCE COGNITION FOR YOU? I DON'T LIKE THE WAY THEY SOND, NO MATTER WHO'S PLAYING THEM! ANYTHING THAT A DOUBLE PEDAL IS REQUIRED TO PLAY (THAT MEANS ANYTHING I COULDN'T PLAY WITH A SINGLE) IS GOING TO SOUND BAD (IMO, IF IT'LL HELP YOU). IT STAGGERS ME THAT ANY SLIGHTLY CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT IS PICKED UP IN PERFECT IGNORANCE BY YOU AND RUN WITH!

Wow...just...wow. I am amazed at the ignorance of that statement.

Obviously you're attempting to beat my record, and since the only way you could interpret ignorance in my case is from your own you're doing a damn good job. In fact, you're doing a no3chris job.

Your talent for reading text that was never typed, failing to recognize the importance of opinions along with your (undeserved) haughty demeanor has secured you a place in the Annals of Ignorance. Sod off.

Please read through what you have typed before typing,

It won't take long to read through what I've typed before I type it.

I am sorry but I find that large kit that Lang uses seriously oncool..

His kit isn't too large, 4 toms, 1 kick, 2 snare. He has 4 pairs of hats.

JUST WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT TAKE TO INDUCE COGNITION FOR YOU? I DON'T LIKE THE WAY THEY SOND, NO MATTER WHO'S PLAYING THEM! ANYTHING THAT A DOUBLE PEDAL IS REQUIRED TO PLAY (THAT MEANS ANYTHING I COULDN'T PLAY WITH A SINGLE) IS GOING TO SOUND BAD (IMO, IF IT'LL HELP YOU). IT STAGGERS ME THAT ANY SLIGHTLY CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT IS PICKED UP IN PERFECT IGNORANCE BY YOU AND RUN WITH!

Not much, I'm just saying that it is really ignorant that you assume that everything played with a double bass pedal is garbage. That is a statement made by a complete and utter fool, and I am just pointing out the ignorance of this statement. Seriously, calm down, don't take offense to every little thing that disagrees with you, and let others form an opinion that has nothing to do with yours. Jesus.

Not much, I'm just saying that it is really ignorant that you assume that everything played with a double bass pedal is garbage. That is a statement made by a complete and utter fool, and I am just pointing out the ignorance of this statement. Seriously, calm down, don't take offense to every little thing that disagrees with you, and let others form an opinion that has nothing to do with yours. Jesus.

Who said it's an assumption? He said in that same post that TWO out of his THREE favourite drummers use double pedals.

hmm, this thread has got very very bad.

Hmmmmmmm I don't know Dom.....I quite look forward to Niles laying it out like it is. Others can mar it slightly by typing drivel but it's only the stuff you forget about the moment you have read it. Ignore em and they soon go away.

By the way I see Muse are on this Friday's Live from Abbey Road so should be good to watch. Not sure if their style is best suited to that environment but will be great to see them play up close and intimate. Apparently they recorded Starlight, MOP and KOC.

The Chili Peppers did last Friday and that was top notch.

Anyway...back to the thread...who's up next ? :D

His kit isn't too large, 4 toms, 1 kick, 2 snare. He has 4 pairs of hats.

Maybe I am mistaken but in Rythym magazine it shows him with this monsterous acrylic kit with about 4 bass drums, 4 snares, 9 pedals and over 20 cymbals...and ok, about 4 toms :D . Was that just a promotion or something then? To me it looked like he was trying to compete with Portnoy. Maybe just a one off then.

Who said it's an assumption? He said in that same post that TWO out of his THREE favourite drummers use double pedals.

Yet he says that anything that requires a double pedal is garbage. Do you see the contradiction here?

Maybe I am mistaken but in Rythym magazine it shows him with this monsterous acrylic kit with about 4 bass drums, 4 snares, 9 pedals and over 20 cymbals...and ok, about 4 toms :D . Was that just a promotion or something then? To me it looked like he was trying to compete with Portnoy. Maybe just a one off then.

Yea, thats his new Sonor X-Ray kit, shown on his new DVD. Its huge! :)

Yea, thats his new Sonor X-Ray kit, shown on his new DVD. Its huge! :)

I knew I wasn't going mad....I would ask Niles to do his name the cymbals trick but methinks we will be here all night...and I could have cheated and listed em meself as they listed the cymbals next to the photo...all 19 of the feckers !!!

Heh heh....and there was I thinking you, Adam, were offering good honest help, when really you were sending subconcious messages to me to commit depraved sexual acts. :LOL: Well I am well past helping on that one ;)

Nice one "the man"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: LMAO

he edited it! :$:p:LOL: :LOL:

Not much, I'm just saying that it is really ignorant that you assume that everything played with a double bass pedal is garbage.

I think that possibly you don't know the definition of the word "ignorant". In order for me not to like I must be aware of it and, hence, not ignorant. Then, of course, your obvious response is "Well you haven't heard all double bass songs so how can you know for sure?" To which I would retort, "I don't have to watch every episode of "Australian/American/Finlandian/Somalian Idol" to know that I hate it with unprecedented fire.

I do. not. like. the. sound of lots of clattering bass strokes. Comprende, Jose?

That is a statement made by a complete and utter fool,

Unless you're calling me an utter fool you'll find that statement unequivocally false.

Seriously, calm down, don't take offense to every little thing that disagrees with you, and let others form an opinion that has nothing to do with yours.

I don't "take offense to [sic] every little thing that disagrees with [me]", I take offense at:

Wow...just...wow. I am amazed at the ignorance of that statement.

Niles, I am utterly surprised at you. As someone from the PDF, you have limited, tunnel vision knowledge, and in the past few days managed to say some of the dumbest things. Seriously, if you are going to make accusations, have some knowledge of what you are attacking first.

Please read through what you have typed before typing, so we can have the benefit of not having to listen to your serious case of verbal diaheria.

I also don't like:

Seeing as you seem to be the person who will go to great lengths just to say that only single pedaled, jazz/fusion/odd-time signatured drummers are the only good drummers,

and

Technicality does not mean lack of musicality.

Beacuse someone might actually think that I'd said those idiotic things.

As for forming an opinion... I don't care what the hell you think, I care when you accost me for what I think, it makes me wnat to ream you for what you think (if you do). Get it?

I knew I wasn't going mad....I would ask Niles to do his name the cymbals trick but methinks we will be here all night...and I could have cheated and listed em meself as they listed the cymbals next to the photo...all 19 of the feckers !!!

I expect most would be Meinl GenXs like on the DrummerWorld vids.

I do. not. like. the. sound of lots of clattering bass strokes. Comprende, Jose?

Alright, sure, whatever. To each his own, I believe in that. But now I can officially say that everything played with only a single bass sounds horrible, because it is being backed by the same principle.

Its not just that that pisses me off, its the fact that you walk around here acting like you own the damn place. ADAM names a few cymbals and your up in arms because nobody else can have that information except for you. Honestly, grow up, and lets get back on subject here. :p

Alright, sure, whatever. To each his own, I believe in that. But now I can officially say that everything played with only a single bass sounds horrible, because it is being backed by the same principle.

And anyone cares... why?

Its not just that that pisses me off, its the fact that you walk around here acting like you own the damn place. ADAM names a few cymbals and your up in arms because nobody else can have that information except for you.

Irony incarnated right here, you accuse me as "acting like I own the damn place," yet tell everyone that you're pissed off as though what concerns you matters to anyone other that yourself.

Honestly, grow up, and lets get back on subject here. :p

Man, I had a whole spiel written out about the temerity of someone who starts an argument with a line as inflammatory as "Sorry to bring this back up, but due to recent stupidity, this needs to be addressed" but then tries to back away from the anthill he's stirred up by taking the mature highground due to lack of spine, or whatever, but that cute smilie totally disarmed me.

Ah well, as they say; it ends, not with a bang, but with a whimper (from you). Cheerybye! :)

:rolleyes: Lamest fight ever this.

And anyone cares... why?

Irony incarnated right here, you accuse me as "acting like I own the damn place," yet tell everyone that you're pissed off as though what concerns you matters to anyone other that yourself.

I am talking to no one else here.

You insult everyone who owns a double bass pedal. It has little to do with me.

Jeeez....what a dumbshit...

You insult everyone who owns a double bass pedal. It has little to do with me.

No...

"All double bassers are fucktards."

That would be insulting double bassers;

"I hate double bass because [i think] it sounds like arse."

That would not.

The difference should be immediately evident to anyone with a year 7 equivalent reading age but, again, this seems to be more credit that you deserve.

Oh and I'm insulting you because you seem to have a gene pool a grasshopper could backstroke across, but that's hardly your point, is it?

I am talking to no one else here.

That's good because, similarly, no one cares.

It has little to do with me.

Nothing really does except you are... let me get this straight... taking it upon yourself to defend all those slighted double bassers from my egregious (and fictitious) onslaught?

Go you!

No...

"All double bassers are fucktards."

That would be insulting double bassers;

"I hate double bass because [i think] it sounds like arse."

That would not.

The difference should be immediately evident to anyone with a year 7 equivalent reading age but, again, this seems to be more credit that you deserve.

Oh and I'm insulting you because you seem to have a gene pool a grasshopper could backstroke across, but that's hardly your point, is it?

That's good because, similarly, no one cares.

Well, I would think that insulting a staple of someones playing style would be the equivalent of insulting them. And very nice about the genepool, that was simply genious. Along with the fact that, although that you don't care, you still find time to talk about this.

So... if you don't adore every facet of every drummers style, you're insulting them personally? Don't be a cretin, anyone who's not mature enough to accept anothers opinion on music deserves to be slated.

Along with the fact that, although that you don't care, you still find time to talk about this.

Try to keep up, I said no one cares about your displeasure, though I have a vested interest in this topic. How's that reading/comprehension age going?

So... if you don't adore every facet of every drummers style, you're insulting them personally? Don't be a cretin, anyone who's not mature enough to accept anothers opinion on music deserves to be slated.

Try to keep up, I said no one cares about your displeasure, though I have a vested interest in this topic. How's that reading/comprehension age going?

No, but if it is a majority of their playing style, yes. You hate Weckl's works with double bass then, yes? I just find it fascinating that, in the middle of a song that is amazing, if a drummer even uses double bass, what would normally be a song you would have loved, has now become lower than dirt. What if Jon Theodore did a double bass fill during Deloused in the Comatorium? Would that have made the whole album suck? Or even just the song? No.

God, you take things way too literally.

How do you make every one of your posts a lesson in irony?

what would normally be a song you would have loved, has now become lower than dirt.

and

God, you take things way too literally.

Where do you get all these superlatives from? Can you find any substantiating quote of mine? Having to clarify every statement of mine because of your abysmal comprehension is so low.

EDIT:

Would that have made the whole album suck? Or even just the song? No.

No, just that bit. Fortunately we don't need to deal with that, he's a singler and that's part of why he's the best.

Mmmmmm...interesting debate.

but I feel seriously inadequate in being able to participate here :(

err...my dog's got no nose :$

lol im staying out of it!

people know my opinion on the matter. end of.

how does your dog smell? :eek: