Ok, where did you get the information from, then?

hintitsolderthanweare.jpg

Identify correctly every drum, cymbal and piece of hardware (or get your "source" to) in this image and I'll believe you (bonus points if you have enough general knowledge to identify the drummer and list a brand the drumstick definitely isn't).

The only way you know what cymbals, and hardware, and heads, and pedals, and snares, and special custom drum sizes Dom uses is because I told you.

EDIT: And another thing, fuck you. Sitting there smugly taking credit for my information and then having the unmitigated temerity to say that I'm not the only one who could possibly have worked it out? Who else could have, you? Just where does every piece of Muse drum data originate, then?

he said get off your high horse, not onto it :LOL:

k&t is spiralling into a cival war or something haha

You know it works better if you don't give away the information (which you could only have memorized since some of it can't be ascertained from the image) and undermine my point. I wasn't asking you, I wasn't speaking to you, I know you know about TMV. If it were you I'd get someone like Alex Acuna.

By the looks of the lugs, tom holder, and finish, thats a Ludwig set.

Lol, don't fuck about with "by the looks of" nonsense you knew that already. Question though, how does a mirror chrome finish identify this kit as a Ludwig (with the pretense of no prior knowledge)?

And you got the sticks wrong, didn't do the hardware, didn't state what kind of Ludwig set it is, when it was manufactured and what model cymbals.

he said get off your high horse, not onto

:D hahaha I get it, the humour comes from the fact that you can't recognize the difference between ego and the simlpe desire to be given credit for one's achievements.

You know it works better if you don't give away the information (which you could only have memorized since some of it can't be ascertained from the image) and undermine my point. I wasn't asking you, I wasn't speaking to you, I know you know about TMV. If it were you I'd get someone like Alex Acuna.

Lol, don't fuck about with "by the looks of" nonsense you knew that already. Question though, how does a mirror chrome finish identify this kit as a Ludwig (with the pretense of no prior knowledge)?

And you got the sticks wrong, didn't do the hardware, didn't state what kind of Ludwig set it is, when it was manufactured and what model cymbals.

:D hahaha I get it, the humour comes from the fact that you can't recognize the difference between ego and the simlpe desire to be given credit for one's achievements.

True, the cymbals, heads, and sticks can't be determined by that picture (BTW, sticks were right, they are just extreme 5B). However, there are pictures from different angles that show what heads, cymbals, and sticks he uses; point being that there is more than one source to find out about something.

Also, I can tell "by the looks" that that is a Ludwig set. I don't know what model, but I'm sure its a Ludwig. Ludwig is the most common retailer of that finish (mirrored silver), has more square looking lugs, and a distinctive tom holder.

I wasn't trying to undermine anyone, I was prooving a point - we shouldn't be arguing over such petty things in this thread.

BTW, sticks were right, they are just extreme 5B

Yes, so saying "5B" would be incorrect then.

Also, I can tell "by the looks" that that is a Ludwig set.

I know it's possible, you didn't do that though, you knew it was already.

I don't know what model, but I'm sure its a Ludwig. Ludwig is the most common retailer of that finish (mirrored silver), has more square looking lugs, and a distinctive tom holder.

BS. Ludwig don't even make a mass produced mirror finish set. They don't make any wood drums with a mirror finish.

Here's how you can tell it's a Ludwig: it has Ludwig lugs and a Ludwig mount. End of story. The finish tells you nothing. In actuality it's not even a finish, it's the stainless steel shells.

True, the cymbals, heads, and sticks can't be determined by that picture

Cymbals *can* and it can be told that the sticks aren't Pro-Mark.

I wasn't trying to undermine anyone, I was prooving a point - we shouldn't be arguing over such petty things in this thread.

Kindly don't presume to inform us of what we should and should not argue about.

Ok, where did you get the information from, then?

Err...the same way YOU did. Watching videos, reading interviews, looking at websites. The zildjian one tells me exactly what cymbals he uses.....

Or did they get that information off you as well? I'd kick up an argument if I were you!

Identify correctly every drum, cymbal and piece of hardware (or get your "source" to) in this image and I'll believe you (bonus points if you have enough general knowledge to identify the drummer and list a brand the drumstick definitely isn't).

Lame.

The only way you know what cymbals, and hardware, and heads, and pedals, and snares, and special custom drum sizes Dom uses is because I told you.

Think what you want. *pats*

EDIT: And another thing, fuck you. Sitting there smugly taking credit for my information and then having the unmitigated temerity to say that I'm not the only one who could possibly have worked it out? Who else could have, you? Just where does every piece of Muse drum data originate, then?

No. Fuck you thinking you are some almighty drum god. I cannot actually believe you started an argument over this. Pathetic! I am a big fan of Dom's and a drummer myself and so therefore i take particular interest over his kit in much the same way you do.

His drums have Tama written on them. Visist tama website. Find out what his drums are. Easy.

His cymbals have Zildjian written on them. Visit zildjian website. Find out what cymbals he has. Easy.

The only thing ill give you credit for is the A splash. Well done you! Only YOU could have worked that one out! :happy:

Ive had my say, you've had yours. Lets move on now shall we....

His drums have Tama written on them. Visist tama website. Find out what his drums are. Easy.

Give me the URL with the specs of the Mirage kit and snares.

His cymbals have Zildjian written on them. Visit zildjian website. Find out what cymbals he has. Easy.

Give me the URL of the page that says he uses the KC and AC medium rides, KC fast and K dark crashes (and the A splash).

The only thing ill give you credit for is the A splash. Well done you! Only YOU could have worked that one out!

Damn fucking right only I could have, in fact let me highlight all the stuff that only I could have known:

DRUMS

Tama Crystal Ice (clear) Starclassic Mirage kit with custom white powdercoated hardware:

Matching Snare = 14x6 or Tama Power Metal Brass Snare =14x6.5

Hi-Tom = 12x8

Mid-Tom = 14x12

Low-Tom = 16x14

Gong bass = 20x14

Bass = 24x18

CYMBALS

14" K Custom Special Dry Hats

18" K Custom Fast Crash or 18" A Custom Crash or 18" A Custom EFX *this only partially cos anyone can see it's an EFX

19" K Dark Crash or 19" A Custom Crash *these because of the change back to ACs from the K and KCs

22" K Custom Medium Ride or 22" A Custom Medium Ride

18" FX Oriental China "Trash"

11" FX Oriental "Trash" Splash

8" Avedis Splash

OTHER PERCUSSION

DrumTech Rhythm Crasher

Handheld Shaker

TRIGGERS

Roland RT-10S Snare Drum Trigger

Roland RT-10T Tom Tom Trigger

HARDWARE

Tama Iron Cobra SINGLE bass drum pedal - chrome

Tama Iron Cobra hi-hat pedal

Tama First drum stool with backrest

18" Industrial Floor Fan

Stick Bag

And, yes, it is the most comprehensive list on the net.

Hullaballoo:

Tama Maple Start Classic

12"x12"

14"x14"

16"x16"

( Do I have the bass drum and snare sizes, I will dig them out)

8" EFX

11" Oriental Splash

13" Mastersound Hi-Hats

18" A Custom Crash

19" A Custom Crash

18" Oriental China Trash

20" Dark K Custom Ride.

IC double, Aquarian heads

Although his drum setup may not have changed much since hullabaloo, his cymbal setup certainly has!

He now uses K Dark Crashes instead of the A Customs (Hullabaloo)

He uses K Hi-Hats instead of the A Customs (Hullabaloo)

He has an extra crash, it's oriental, that's all I know.

It's a 22" K Custom ride he uses, not a 20".

And yes, it's a Rhythmtech Crasher that he uses in both Megalomania (Hullabaloo) and live and recorded versions of TIRO.

And you call yourselves Dom fans...

PRESENT EQUIPMENT-

Tama Starclassic Maple Kit:

(widthxdepth")

22x16" Bass Drum

12x10" Tom

14x14" Floor Tom

16x16" Floor Tom

Snare Drums:

(widthxdepth")

14x6.5" Ludwig Supraphonic

14x5.5" Tama Starclassic Maple

Tama Hardware:

Tama Roadpro Stands

Tama Iron Cobra Powerglide Bass Drum Pedal

Tama Iron Cobra Veloglide Hi-Hat Stand

Zildjian cymbals:

(diameter",) from right to left:

11" Oriental Trash Splash

13" K Mastersound Hi-Hats

8" EFX (now discontinued)

20" Oriental Crash of Doom

18" K Medium-Thin Dark Crash

22" K Custom Ride

19" K Medium-Thin Dark Crash

18" Oriental Classic China

Heads:

Live-

Tom Batter: Remo Clear Ambassador

Tom Resonant: Remo Clear Diplomat

Snare Batter: Coated Ambassador

Snare Reso: Remo SnareSide Ambassador

Bass Batter: Remo Powerstroke III

Bass Reso: Tama Stock

Recording-

Tom Batter: Remo Coated Ambassador

Tom Resonant: Remo Clear Diplomat

Snare Batter: Remo Controlled Sound (w/ grey dot)

Snare Reso: Remo SnareSide Ambassador

Bass Batter: Remo Clear Powerstroke III

Bass Reso: Tama Stock

Sticks:

Zildjian Dennis Chambers Signature

Drums

Maple Starclisic in Chrome with Black h/w

12x9 tom

14x14 floor

16x16 floor

22x18 bass

Snare maple Maple starclasic 14x 6 1/2 (last tour ludwig blask Beauty 14x6 1/2

Cymbals

Live Crash of Doom

A custom cymbals sizes differ for shoes, normaly 17/19 or 18/19

11" trash splash

8" A splash

14 K hats

22K ride

18" China Trash

heads

toms Remo Emp's top ambasadors bottom

Snare CS batter on starclassin

Aquarain HE on BB

PS3 on kick

that will do for now.. you cant really list stuff fdor the studio as things change from song to song

PS i know the above as i have seen the kit in person

all of these before we knew you even existed.

all done in the same way - looking and identifying.

you cant take credit for something which is widely available for everyone to see and work out themselves.

Does the ability to identify Drums actually make you a better drummer though?

Did someone say it did?

I ask... what's the point of posting these lists? None refer to the present tour gear and most are so vastly wrong the mind boggles. If you actually read the posts instead of just looking for sound bites that help you, you'd have seen everyone correcting them. Furthermore none of them actually have the things in them that I underlined. I cannot imagine what you hope to achieve.

Yeah..move on...change to a new subject methinks....I am out in the states at the moment and have just arranged to have an Iron Cobra HP900P Powerglide single base pedal shipped over back home to the UK for the equivalent of £67 (thanks to the lovely exchange rate!) OK the freight is free as my company are sending it over but have I picked up a good piece of kit for a good price? I currently use a shitty piece of crap that came with the kit so anything will be an improvement

Yeah..move on...change to a new subject methinks....I am out in the states at the moment and have just arranged to have an Iron Cobra HP900P Powerglide single base pedal shipped over back home to the UK for the equivalent of £67 (thanks to the lovely exchange rate!) OK the freight is free as my company are sending it over but have I picked up a good piece of kit for a good price? I currently use a shitty piece of crap that came with the kit so anything will be an improvement

£67! :eek:

lucky git! :LOL:

Did you mean to get a double kick but thought the single was half price? Easy mistake to make. I'd spend the money and get a double kick though.

No I did just want a single kick and the cheapest I could see in the uk was around £120. Appreciate the suggestion about going for the double but personally I want to stick with single.

An IC is a top-of-the-line pehdaal, with free shipping you've picked up an awesome bit of kit at a price unheard of to anyone not in the US. I bought my Elim for $50 brand new over eBay. :p

I was thinking of getting rid of the Eliminator in favour of an Axis because even it felt to heavy to be doind all the twitch strokes in what I play. I think that the IC is a heavy pedal with a light stock beater and the Elim is a light pedal with a very heavy stock beater, so I've changed the Pearl Quad beater with the el cheapo felt cylinder one that came with my first pedal, superb.

Appreciate the suggestion about going for the double but personally I want to stick with single.

A cracking decision! It'll twist everyones minds better when you can play doubles and operate your hat at the same time. :)

Right, that sounds like the end of it :) !

Niles: What kindof kit should I be looking for in the ~£350 range (secondhand)?

I would have thought it was, too. For the record I feel like a right twat starting such an argument.

350 pound is about US$680, I'd suggest eBay because you'll get more for your money second hand. You could get a Ludwig Accent CS Elite for that, I think (I don't know how the market is in the UK), or a Gretsch Catalina Maple, or perhaps even a Mapex M-Birch.

350 pound is about US$680, I'd suggest eBay because you'll get more for your money second hand. You could get a Ludwig Accent CS Elite for that, I think (I don't know how the market is in the UK), or a Gretsch Catalina Maple, or perhaps even a Mapex M-Birch.

Cheers, gives me a good place to start :) - Looks like I can get the Ludwig new for that much but I should probablylgo and try a few out somewhere!

No I did just want a single kick and the cheapest I could see in the uk was around £120. Appreciate the suggestion about going for the double but personally I want to stick with single.

good call :D

A cracking decision! It'll twist everyones minds better when you can play doubles and operate your hat at the same time. :)

exactly ;):D