I will say though, this kind of footage is infinitely better than the previous studio material for TR and T2L. At least here we get to hear the band discuss shit and it's more...open, I guess? It's not just a lazy clip show with the song plastered over it.

I hope Matt dropping stuff and whistling was just messing around for the dvd knowing that the string bit was similar to the Morricone song. Not actually ripping it off. If that stuff ends up on the album this is the most blatant rip off Muse has ever done. And will be subject to pretty extreme criticism I'm sure.

I hope Matt dropping stuff and whistling was just messing around for the dvd knowing that the string bit was similar to the Morricone song. Not actually ripping it off. If that stuff ends up on the album this is the most blatant rip off Muse has ever done. And will be subject to pretty extreme criticism I'm sure.

I think I've heard Matt whistling that pattern before as well, a live video of a bit of waffery (before a performance of Starlight I believe) where he's whistling and playing jangly guitar.

Edit: typo

I will say though, this kind of footage is infinitely better than the previous studio material for TR and T2L. At least here we get to hear the band discuss shit and it's more...open, I guess? It's not just a lazy clip show with the song plastered over it.

Both of those had that too though. On T2L there was loads for the choir parts, as well as the brass section. Then there was Dom's drumming which was talked about quite a lot, and the guitar and bass for Unsustainable. And Matt even talked about his singing on Supremacy iirc.

I think I've heard Matt whistling that pattern before as well, a live video of a bit of waffery (before a performance of Starlight I believe) where he's whistling and playing jangly guitar.

Edit: typo

Yeah I know what you're talking about. I hope who ever said hes just laying down the vocal melody is correct.

Yeah I know what you're talking about. I hope who ever said hes just laying down the vocal melody is correct.

The knocking over of things seems to fit too well with the whistling though, like its supposed to portray someone (the eponymous globalist perhaps) farting around their plush office and breaking various depictions of their rivals, or something along those lines. The first loud noise (the chair being put down) is on the first beat of the string section as well.