Wait... I'm not that familiar with AM... are they NOT supposed to be sort of a "joke"...?

I mean, that Brits Award acceptance says "yes"...

No, that's a pretty recent change, 2012 onwards I'd say. They used to just be scruffy teenagers and then, later on, just pretty chilled out guys. Most of the band still seem pretty normal, no idea what the fuck Alex is doing most of the time anymore though.

Someone I was watching it with thought the guitars sounded out of tune, but neither of us know anything about music really and I doubt they would be on Jools Holland if that were the case. Still, something sounded horribly off, if it was intentional then I think the less said about it the better :LOL:

In one or two places the note choice/tuning was questionable, yes.

4QAVhFD.png

who dis

Not me but I saw you there. I don't bother trying to convince 4chan Muse is doing things right, it's too trendy to hate them. Someone said the song is trash, not that they should be taken seriously, if The Globalist was released right now they would just say "CE ripoff Muse is garbage and you're all plebs".

I'm pretty sure JFK is the same speech they used as an intro for parts of their North America tour for BHaR, they played a JFK speech into Knights of Cydonia and i remember the speech ending with "free and independent", as one of the track reviews said JFK did, it fit well going into Knights so it'll be interesting to hear how they do it on the cd