Mate, calm down with spewing on parts of songs that others like - you're not even justifying WHY they are that bad. :LOL:

When the album was first released, I believe I described the song as "shitty, pretentious, ego-boosting wankery". It's Matt Bellamy being so far up his own ass that he turns into Bono during five truly painful minutes.

We don't have to justify it. Do you have to justify why it's good?

I enjoy the syncopation, the tone of the distorted bass and how it's in unison with the drums during the chorus. I like the backing drum fills during the 2nd verse, and I think Bellamy delivers some powerful notes.

EDIT: The guitar sounds refreshing to be clean (with wah, is it? And delay in verses?).

Edited by rainer219

When the album was first released, I believe I described the song as "shitty, pretentious, ego-boosting wankery". It's Matt Bellamy being so far up his own ass that he turns into Bono during five truly painful minutes.

Sometimes I wish people with such bold statements could back themselves up with musical knowledge, at the very least. The key words are 'bold statements.'

It's also up there as one of the worst song titles ever too

So Amazon changed the order Status of my preorder of Drones to "shipping soon". If I'd only know how soon. (since it's a bank Holiday in Germany on thursday, it may be possible it will be here on wednesday instead of friday. Isn't it? :unsure:)

There is no musical knowledge in saying Big Freeze is good

How about you scroll up to read my previous comment? From a fellow muso, as well, I'm fairly certain I have SOME validation in my comment to say that I think the song is good, or has good aspects.

He's allowed to say if he thinks a song's shit, just as you're allowed to say it's great.

We don't have to justify it. Do you have to justify why it's good?

Why, of course you're entitled to make unjustified comments. But I don't see how they are valuable then? And as educated, intelligent individuals, I think it's not too much to actually substantiate your points, especially if you feel strongly enough about it? Otherwise it might as well be a mindless conversation of "I think its good" - "No its not" - "it's good" - "it's not" etcetera

Damn, I wish messageboards had voteban feature. Some people are way too toxic, even by Muse Messageboard standards.

Agreed with both your point and your reason.

How about you scroll up to read my previous comment? From a fellow muso, as well, I'm fairly certain I have SOME validation in my comment to say that I think the song is good, or has good aspects.

a fellow what..?