Oh god I hope he still isn't doing that guitar behind his back thing he was doing all of T2L tour for the intro to Mercy. I've seen one video of him doing it for Dead Inside and it really bugs me for some reason.

What difference would it make anyway?

Like I said it just grates on me a bit, it's like Matt was trying to come across as more of a pop star and not the front man of a rock band. Plus the quality of music dipped during the time he started doing it so maybe I have a few negative associations with that album.

Like I said it just grates on me a bit, it's like Matt was trying to come across as more of a pop star and not the front man of a rock band. Plus the quality of music dipped during the time he started doing it so maybe I have a few negative associations with that album.

I didn't actually mean that, I was referring to Matt not playing the piano part in Mercy, it just sounded like I was talking to you because you posted like a few seconds before me :)

I hope the Vuilstaman riff is on this album. That would be cool.

I hope the 0123 riff is on the album, maybe as an outro, simple as it is

Not sure about Vuilstamen, I like it but I find it hard to imagine it in a song instead of just being a stand-alone jam.

I'd love 0123 though. Could work really well as an outro a la Ashamed, starting off with just the guitar then the bass and drums kicking in afterwards. Doubt either will be on there though. 0123 looks like it's still in 'live outro riff' territory and they've probably forgotten about Vuilstamen by now.

People moan too much.

I'm actually really hyped for this album again, good to hear a more pop rock muse style single rather than synthpop muse.

Also, it was very hard to choose but... Psycho > Mercy > Reapers > Dead Inside

Agree completely, though I'd switch Mercy and Reapers in that list.

I really like the four songs that we have now heard from Drones - Can see the concept of the album progressing already and that to me is important as I tend to prefer listening to Muse an album at a time rather than the odd song here and there.

Honestly cannot wait for Drones now, think it may be one of my favourite Muse albums when it drops.

Yeah this is basically my list. We don't have any high quality recordings of Mercy to be fair and it could change quite quickly.

Yeah that's my take on it. Studio Mercy could well take it up a few places anyway

I guess if we're doing rankings again, I would have to go with:

Reapers>Psycho>Mercy>Dead Inside. Psycho and especially Reapers were stunning live, and while I like Dead Inside better live than the studio version, I still think it'll end up my least favorite song on the album.

Reapers > Dead Inside > Mercy > Psycho

Psycho is just very disappointing to me. When I heard the instagram clip I was extremely excited. It sounded fresh and dark, but the song ended up being boring and repetitive even though that is (was?) my favorite riff. Also the drill sergeant bits still completely take me out of the song.

Edited by Matthz

People moan too much.

I'm actually really hyped for this album again, good to hear a more pop rock muse style single rather than synthpop muse.

Also, it was very hard to choose but... Psycho > Mercy > Reapers > Dead Inside

Indeed...Mercy get me a lot more hyped than I was before, and despite we have only a live recording it's my favorite song so far