There's pretty much no way anyone will be able to record anything.

This. I'm sure there'll be a more standardized form of listening there, but when I was at the video shoot Tom just gave me his headphones and let me listen to an unmixed version of Psycho off of his phone. I noticed it seemed to be streamed from an email sent to him or something similar, saw there were other similar looking files with randomized number/letter titles too as he clicked the one for me to listen to. Temptation was real in that moment when he let me listen to it on my own unsupervised...

This. I'm sure there'll be a more standardized form of listening there, but when I was at the video shoot Tom just gave me his headphones and let me listen to an unmixed version of Psycho off of his phone. I noticed it seemed to be streamed from an email sent to him or something similar, saw there were other similar looking files with randomized number/letter titles too as he clicked the one for me to listen to. Temptation was real in that moment when he let me listen to it on my own unsupervised...

How did the unmixed version compare?

How did the unmixed version compare?

I really liked it, but the main thing if anything that I remember was that Matt's whispered chorus vocals were way louder but less "clean" and defined in the sense that it's clear in the version we have but more muddy in that one, less listenable in terms of clarity I guess. Shame they toned the volume down for that part a bit in the official version but that was the only thing I noticed. The outro and everything was the same, the fade out I mean, same length, no bleep-version-Bliss type extended 1 minute extra of fading out or anything. I only realized it was unmixed because of Instagram which confused me for a bit cause I thought what I heard was already mixed. I think the bass was a little bit quieter too.

Some of the guitar tones were pretty iffy and the sound in general didn't seem great (judging by the YT mixes anyway) but other than that I can't really think of anything. The band can be pretty anal about their performances though.

Yeah SMBH sounded kind of hollow, but not bad. Matt might think it went badly since it was the first time they'd played in over a year but the performance sounded good to me, especially Sunburn.

iHeartRadio Throws Listening Party For New Muse Album In N.Y.C.

IHEARTMEDIA will present an "iHEARTRADIO Album Release Party with MUSE," to celebrate the band's new album, "Drones," which comes out JUNE 9th by WARNER BROS. RECORDS. The event will take place SATURDAY, MAY 9th at the iHEARTRADIO THEATER in NEW YORK CITY, 8p (ET), to be video streamed and broadcast on JUNE 8th at 10p local time..

The event will offer an exclusive first-look at the 12 new tracks, which was co-produced by MUSE with ROBERT JOHN 'MUTT' LANGE.

The broadcast will video stream online across iHEARTMEDIA Alternative, Triple A and Rock station websites and iHEARTRADIO.com, with a 30-minute on-air special broadcast.

The last "listening event" they had was with TR when the songs were played through pre-loaded iPod touches, and the fans involved were tasked with writing reviews afterwards.

What if the songs were loaded onto drones you had to catch to listen