Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

Lyrics sound pretty clear in that video, which is great. Should be clear enough to finally get at least a bit of the chorus right.

"(Beaconed?) mind control

And the world is (on your side?)

Said, we've got reapers (on horseback? Definitely doesn't sound like horsemen to me)

Now I am radicalised"

Watching MOTD atm so don't have time to work it out/relisten yet. I'm sure someone else can if they want though.

After hearing it, yeah, this looks like it's going to be a good album.

I really like the verses but find the chorus to be rather lackluster when compared to the rest of the song. But I look forward to the album version which I'm sure will sound 100x better (just because I like studio songs more).

Looking forward to this album.

I feel the same about the first choruses but the last one kicks a bit more butt - the extra guitar and bass-drum pedal really helps it along well.

Reapers is absolutely my favorite from the album thus far but expect The Globalist to be up there as well!

Lyrics sound pretty clear in that video, which is great. Should be clear enough to finally get at least a bit of the chorus right.

"(Beaconed?) mind control

And the world is (on your side?)

Said, we've got reapers (on horseback? Definitely doesn't sound like horsemen to me)

Now I am radicalised"

Watching MOTD atm so don't have time to work it out/relisten yet. I'm sure someone else can if they want though.

First line of chorus is definitely "Killed by remote control"

First line of chorus is definitely "Killed by remote control"

I'll agree with that, definitely in the first chorus (of that performance) anyway.

Fuck it, I've replayed it loads of times and I still can't tell, I'm giving up :chuckle: Hopefully a fan'll find out tonight somehow.

I'll agree with that, definitely in the first chorus (of that performance) anyway.

Fuck it, I've replayed it loads of times and I still can't tell, I'm giving up :chuckle: Hopefully a fan'll find out tonight somehow.

I was 2nd row at the concert, he definitely says Killed by Mind Control

Just been listening to a few Webster Hall recordings, is it just me or is there some electronic voice near the end of the solo? This might've been brought up before but yeah, I swear I can hear something.

Just been listening to a few Webster Hall recordings, is it just me or is there some electronic voice near the end of the solo? This might've been brought up before but yeah, I swear I can hear something.

yeah there's vocoder melodies throughout the whole song

So I've been working on this for quite some time. I decided to take what we know instrument wise of Reapers and just make a "studio" like version for giggles, while we wait for the real song to drop (at least is has less "the new one!" in it :p )

I have such difficulty with EQ'ing so i do apologize if certain things can be quieter or louder.

Oh and there's no vocals because yeah...not even gunna try...

So here it is----->

Again, its just an attempt to try and make use of what we have so far, so hopefully you guys enjoy!

Oh my god, this is amazing. I bow to you.

So I've been working on this for quite some time. I decided to take what we know instrument wise of Reapers and just make a "studio" like version for giggles, while we wait for the real song to drop (at least is has less "the new one!" in it :p )

I have such difficulty with EQ'ing so i do apologize if certain things can be quieter or louder.

Oh and there's no vocals because yeah...not even gunna try...

So here it is----->

Again, its just an attempt to try and make use of what we have so far, so hopefully you guys enjoy!

Damn, son. I like this a lot.

Dom just said Reapers is one of his favorites on the record in an interview and that it was the closest they've come to capturing their live sound on an album.

Good to hear, hopefully means it won't pull a Supremacy and be totally flat on record. Might confirm that the outro is on the album as well, considering those big riff outros are a big part of their live sound.

Good to hear, hopefully means it won't pull a Supremacy and be totally flat on record. Might confirm that the outro is on the album as well, considering those big riff outros are a big part of their live sound.

Idk how any of you guys are in denial about the outro being part of the song. It's got Chris yelling "drones" or "control" or both over it with vocoder. It's not a random riff.

Idk how any of you guys are in denial about the outro being part of the song. It's got Chris yelling "drones" or "control" or both over it with vocoder. It's not a random riff.

The new recording actually proves that he's saying "Killed by drones" lol. Talk about terrible enunciation the last couple times, or just a bad live mix.