Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

where people are saying matt sings ''kill under my control'' is quite clearly ''kill by remote control''. Which makes more sense too considering what matt's talked about in interviews and reapers being a type of drone. Don't know if anyone's picked up on that yet

where people are saying matt sings ''kill under my control'' is quite clearly ''kill by remote control''. Which makes more sense too considering what matt's talked about in interviews and reapers being a type of drone. Don't know if anyone's picked up on that yet

I've always heard "....... Mind Control" with something else (whic could well be "Kill By") before it

I just realized everyone who's been saying "Bodies on the shore" is mistaken. Matt's saying "Our blood is on the shore"

No, you formed the opinion that everyone is mistaken. I'm tossing up between those two lines as well, but it's impossible to pick out such small details from a bootleg.

We won't know with any certainty what the lyrics are until the studio version's out.

No, you formed the opinion that everyone is mistaken. I'm tossing up between those two lines as well, but it's impossible to pick out such small details from a bootleg.

We won't know with any certainty what the lyrics are until the studio version's out.

Chill, people shouldn't have to put spoiler warnings for situations in which anyone's input is obviously an opinion until there's official confirmation. Regardless, I apologize for my assertion but it seemed very clear to me that in the recently

posted link that that was what was being said.

After listening to that "mastered version" on Soundcloud of the Belfast performance I heard

"Kill with lies and deceit

Our Blood is on the shore"

and

"Kill with mind control

Bodies on the shore"

probs wrong but idk sounds kinda like he's singing Kill instead of "you bring"

Regardless, I apologize for my assertion but it seemed very clear to me that in the recently

posted link that that was what was being said.

Nothing wrong with being assertive mate, that's a good trait to have in life, but there is a fine line to aggression and you have a habit of crossing it. The problem is I often see you attacked for stating your opinions/speculation as if they were a foregone conclusion, and I don't like that.

Your use of "I realised..." before a sentence implies what you're saying is factual. It's too conclusive, and doesn't leave any room for people to respond. You finish the sentence by pointing out everyone who believes x is wrong, establishing a hostile tone which makes people defensive, and far less likely to engage you in a serious conversation.

The way you set up your posts is what causes people to attack you, not the thoughts you express. Tone it down a bit, there's much better ways to say what you wanted to for e.g.

Clearly state it as actual speculation - "Hey guys, I think Matt is singing x"

Present some evidence - "I think Matt is singing x because [reasons]"

Pose it as a question - "Anyone else think Matt is singing x?"

But avoid this - "I realised you're all mistaken, Matt is singing x"

After listening to that "mastered version" on Soundcloud of the Belfast performance I heard

"Kill with lies and deceit

Our Blood is on the shore"

Over the last few weeks, I've been leaning more towards 'Rule with lies and deceit'. I still can't get my head around the 'blood/bodies on the shore' bit either, I hear a 'w' instead of a 'b'.

Hopefully we'll get a pro-shot at the Big Weekend that'll help us decide definitively :chuckle:

In terms of lyrics I'm backing "Rule with lies and deceit", "Our blood is on the shore", "Now I am radicalised", "Kill by remote control", "the world is on its side", "Incidentally, electronically erased", and ""You can run but you're never gonna hide" (for the vocoder)". But am still unsure about the whole "we __ see our new heaven" and the "all you/we've got is blue light" thing in some of the choruses

In terms of lyrics I'm backing "Rule with lies and deceit", "Our blood is on the shore", "Now I am radicalised", "Kill by remote control", "the world is on its side", "Incidentally, electronically erased", and ""You can run but you're never gonna hide" (for the vocoder)". But am still unsure about the whole "we __ see our new heaven" and the "all you/we've got is blue light" thing in some of the choruses

love matts voice but he definitely makes it hard for us to work out his lyrics sometimes :LOL:

I really hope in the album version that when Chris growls "Drones" over the outro riff it won't be like the chant in the insta previews over the "Ac/Dc" riff as people have called it, because that could spoil it terribly for me

love matts voice but he definitely makes it hard for us to work out his lyrics sometimes :LOL:

I really hope in the album version that when Chris growls "Drones" over the outro riff it won't be like the chant in the insta previews over the "Ac/Dc" riff as people have called it, because that could spoil it terribly for me

Does he say Drones or Control?

Right. I misinterpreted what the "AC/DC" riff referred to since the poster mentioned the "control" bit which was during the outro

yeah meant the pre chorus riff by Ac/Dc riff

still going to be interested to see on the album how his growls of "Control" (my bad for thinking it was drones again) sound considering from the instagram previews we got over the AC/DC riff "Drones" is just yelled angrily