Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

Hang on, weren't they on Take 31 in the Making of video, just for the riff?!

You're right. The "wiggin'" part mentioned in the interview must be referring to the entirety of the main heavy breakdown. The making of riff you're thinking of seems to be more pertinent to the slide, since that comment Matt made in the leaked video came immediately after that slide guitar bit.

EDIT: Ninja'd by 3Dimensions

I'd be amazed if The Globalist is more than 9-10 minutes long. If it is, and it's as good as I'm hoping it'll be, I'll forgive the band for only having 10 actual 'songs' on the album, as this will probably be worth 3.

When did they ever?

Unsustainable, Isolated System, protesting/shouting people in Animals, Psycho (the worst use of them IMO)...

I just honestly hate the direction they are taking. I'm sure the rest of The Globalist will actually be good, but I just can't stand the use of samples in their music. It just sounds dodgy to me.

I'd be amazed if The Globalist is more than 9-10 minutes long. If it is, and it's as good as I'm hoping it'll be, I'll forgive the band for only having 10 actual 'songs' on the album, as this will probably be worth 3.

Chris pinned it down at 12 minutes and multiple reviews said 13.

I sure hope as fuck that countdown isn't the real thing. Sounds gimmicky and I hate all these edgy samples. When will Muse take their music seriously again?

Cry me a river. That countdown was in the making of, it's obviously in the song. :rolleyes:

Chris pinned it down at 12 minutes and multiple reviews said 13.

Cry me a river. That countdown was in the making of, it's obviously in the song. :rolleyes:

From the Italian interview recently linked on reddit:

"For half the song it recalls Radiohead, prior to the beginning of sound that marks the countdown to destruction, when they return to the electric guitars."

That hint towards a countdown enough?

EDIT:

Latest NME interview:

"‘The Globalist’ sees the same ex-drone operator – finally having thrown off the yoke of his oppressors – becoming his own ultimate dictatorship-of-one. Long and loud, it’s up there with the wiggiest things they’ve ever done: ‘Knights of Cydonia’ maximalism that begins with two minutes of soft Ennio Morricone style violins and whistling, climaxing a full six minutes later with a countdown from ten to the actual end of the actual world. "

Globalist confirmed to be ruined by Muse's shit concepts

Edited by museiscool

From the Italian interview recently linked on reddit:

"For half the song it recalls Radiohead, prior to the beginning of sound that marks the countdown to destruction, when they return to the electric guitars."

That hint towards a countdown enough?

Did you not see the leaked making of The Globalist video? It's in there. Not that interview. You're being melodramatic, a 10 second countdown ruining a 13 minute song? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

‘The Globalist’ sees the same ex-drone operator – finally having thrown off the yoke of his oppressors – becoming his own ultimate dictatorship-of-one. Long and loud, it’s up there with the wiggiest things they’ve ever done: ‘Knights of Cydonia’ maximalism that begins with two minutes of soft Ennio Morricone style violins and whistling, climaxing a full six minutes later with a countdown from ten to the actual end of the actual world.

SOURCE: http://www.nme.com/features/muse-interview-on-modern-warfare-the-conspiracies-that-drive-new-album-drones-and-matt-bellamys-nigh?recache=2&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=muse

So I guess what we can take from this is that it's a climax after the countdown - people shouldn't be disappointed there, thinking it would've dropped quiet.

This just keeps sounding better and better.

Countdown is a good thing IMO. We've already partly heard it and it was okay. Makes it more epic, just imagine it live! Thinking of it like that reminds me of when Kasabian put a countdown to the drop on the screen in Vlad, that is awesome.

I'll do very well to not go straight to this when the album is finally out :LOL:

Edited by CatchHellBlues