Gareeh

Hey guys

I'm going to the Manchester gig Sunday- just trying to figure out when i need to start queuing

Not overly bothered about barrier, it will be hell in a small venue, but a few rows from will be good.

I'm thinking 2- reckon that is plausible?

Got there at 5:30, second row.

Hey guys

I'm going to the Manchester gig Sunday- just trying to figure out when i need to start queuing

Not overly bothered about barrier, it will be hell in a small venue, but a few rows from will be good.

I'm thinking 2- reckon that is plausible?

I got into the queue at 6:50 and was about 5-8 rows from the front.

I'm in shock, :eek: I've just had an email from the boys manager apologising for the lack of disabled seating at the Barrowlands. The boys have sent their apologies, and sent their best wishes to me as I was in a lot of pain as I had to stand all the way through the gig.

I'm in shock, :eek: I've just had an email from the boys manager apologising for the lack of disabled seating at the Barrowlands. The boys have sent their apologies, and sent their best wishes to me as I was in a lot of pain as I had to stand all the way through the gig.

Hi Daryl. I'm so sorry there was no or not enough disabled seating at Barrowlands. I am disabled and the Newport gig was excellent from that point of view. Have you heard of Euan's Guide? It was started by a guy from Edinburgh who has MD, I believe. You can review and rate venues. I've done it in Cardiff. If I were you, I'd give them a stinking review! :mad: Also, have you considered going to the press? Venues will often take notice if they get bad publicity. It is unacceptable in this day and age that disabled people's needs are not catered for in public buildings.

BTW, I've started a thread on banter called Disabled Musers so we can discuss these very issues and any others. Please drop by sometime!:D

Euan's Guide is at http://www.eauansguide.com There is already one negative review of Barrowlands. How did you get in touch with Muse's manager? I'd like to give feedback about disabled access at venues.

Edited by maturefan

Oh that's nice of them! I think they're aware they need to make more effort with this.

Oh that's nice of them! I think they're aware they need to make more effort with this.

Unless you are disabled or know someone who's disabled, you tend not to think about problems disabled people may have until after the event. I know I never did. They probably just thought: 'Barrowlands looks suitable.'