Gareeh

that gig was fucking unbelievable!

My 4th Muse Gig and possibly the best setlist Glasgow may ever see.

saw Royal Blood in the Barras a few weeks back - my 2nd gig in there, and i think its my favourite venue.. soaked in sweat though.

just wow. wow. wow. wow. it rocked my socks off! Glesga crowds are the best kinda crowds!

FREEDOM

also @ Outside_Now - was it a grey jumper you lost? found one near the front and handed it to security. so you could see about getting it back? or someone has a new Jumper 😛 i almost lost a shoe! and briefly bonded with a guy who almost lost his 😆

Just back from Glasgow, what a gig!!

Did Chris break a string before Hysteria?

Brilliant, epic gig! Amazing Glasgow crowd, getting 3rd row was a special treat.

I asked Chris about the Hysteria thing afterwards and he said a mic for the bass cab was kicked over and had to be sorted. Matt covered like a trouper and made it look like it was all intentional, but you could see them laughing about it when Chris reappeared.

I can also claim responsibility for the balloons, they do take the edge off the wait and Matt seemed to have enjoyed them too. Will bring more to the last 4 gigs ;)

This makes me so excited for Brighton on Monday! How did you meet them?! My goal in life has always been to meet Matt!

I arrived early to do a recce, as I've never been to the Barrowlands before. I got talking to a nice young lady, and decided to hang around for a while as they were due to arrive.

After 3.5 hours, they finally arrived, and I met Matt, Chris, & Dom :). Matt took my selfie with my phone :D, and got a pic with Chris too.:stongue he's lush up close. They signed an album cover for me too, which the young lady gave me since I didn't have anything with me. She was lovely, and it was really nice of her to do that.

image.thumb.jpg.e83a7e683c1059b89c6ce49719d3a16e.jpg

Edited by DarylR

I am so excited and nervous about Newport on Thursday, I feel like I'm going to burst into tears.:'( I am a relatively new fan so I've only seen them once, at the Emirates Stadium in May, 2013. As I use a wheelchair, I couldn't buy tickets during the presale. I contacted The Emirates about a wheelchair space. They wouldn't let me have one initially because I wasn't in receipt of Disabilty Living Allowance. I didn't claim it because, at the time, I didn't need the money, so I had to pay £50 to get a letter from my GP saying that I am genuinely disabled. It took me a week to get an appointment to see my GP and it was another week before my tickets came through. I wasn't out any money in the end as my companion's ticket was free, but all the best spaces had gone. :( This time I decided to buy a regular seat. I am lucky my legs are not paralysed so I can get out of the wheelchair and sit in a normal seat. The Newport Centre has been wonderful and have told me I can come in early so I can be sure of a seat. :)

I hope you have a better experience than we did, last night. We arrived to find that the disabled platform had been commandeered by a camera rigged up to film the gig so our seats were on the floor. We couldn't see the stage or anyone on it because of the crowd in front of us, we had to move our seats to the very back, and stand for the entire night. Since I suffer from spinal arthritis & stroke pain I wasn't too happy as I was in a lot of pain throughout.

Enjoy the gig on Thursday, they were fab ! :)

I arrived early to do a recce, as I've never been to the Barrowlands before. I got talking to a nice young lady, and decided to hang around for a while as they were due to arrive.

After 3.5 hours, they finally arrived, and I met Matt, Chris, & Dom :). Matt took my selfie with my phone :D, and got a pic with Chris too.:stongue he's lush up close. They signed an album cover for me too, which the young lady gave me since I didn't have anything with me. She was lovely, and it was really nice of her to do that.

That's so cool. What time did they roughly show up? Also, did they interact with the people in the queue or did you meet them while not queuing?

Gig sounds amazing - can't wait for Sunday!!

Just wondering, did they really swipe everyone's credit cards and check id on entering? If so, did this mean were you queueing for ages??!!

I was at the back of the queue, got inside about 7:30pm. They just swiped the card.

I was at the back of the queue, got inside about 7:30pm. They just swiped the card.

I must have been pretty close to you in the queue. I almost chucked it when we had to join on the same side of the building as the entrance

Something happened to the bass, yeah - hence what must be the longest version of Interlude ever! It's moments like that that I really love about live music - Chris noticed a problem, told Matt and Dom, Matt covered it, inventing loads of strange new chord suspensions, while Chris swapped basses, then seamlessly they came back in, and...HYSTERIA. Wonderful!

Hope someone has video of it, sounds interesting

That's so cool. What time did they roughly show up? Also, did they interact with the people in the queue or did you meet them while not queuing?

I reckon they showed up after 5pm, although I get the impression they were running late as security looked stressed. I waited at the stage door with a small crowd, when they arrived they came in separate cars. Matt, Chris & Dom were happy to stop and sign things and get selfies with fans, they were really good. We were warned by their manager it was up to them if they wanted to or not just before they arrived :).

I reckon they showed up after 5pm, although I get the impression they were running late as security looked stressed. I waited at the stage door with a small crowd, when they arrived they came in separate cars. Matt, Chris & Dom were happy to stop and sign things and get selfies with fans, they were really good. We were warned by their manager it was up to them if they wanted to or not just before they arrived :).

Awesome! Thank you so much for the info! I'll follow the same procedure at Brighton on Monday!

Awesome! Thank you so much for the info! I'll follow the same procedure at Brighton on Monday!

I think if you wait from 3.30/4pm onwards, you will have a good chance of catching them arrive to do their sound check.

Good luck, I hope you get to meet them. I'm over the moon, I never expected it and after being a fan for many years. It made the gig even more special :).

Edited by DarylR

I think if you wait from 3.30/4pm onwards, you will have a good chance of catching them arrive to do their sound check.

Good luck, I hope you get to meet them. I'm over the moon, I never expected it and after being a fan for many years. It made the gig even more special :).

Thank you. I'm in two minds, either I can get in the queue early to secure a place at the front / near the front or I can meet them and then queue and be further back. Ahhh decisions!?!?!

Gareehh was it you that I saw at the end and waved at or was that someone else from the board that I recognised lol?

Perhaps I saw a few familiar faces but it's that way I'm too much of a shitebag to ask. But at the end I was standing laughing at the folk trying to get the set lists etc for a while :LOL:

Perhaps I saw a few familiar faces but it's that way I'm too much of a shitebag to ask. But at the end I was standing laughing at the folk trying to get the set lists etc for a while :LOL:

Heard a guy threatening to stab someone on the way out.... Only in Glasgow!

Thank you. I'm in two minds, either I can get in the queue early to secure a place at the front / near the front or I can meet them and then queue and be further back. Ahhh decisions!?!?!

I didn't have to worry about queuing as I was disabled, and was told all I needed to do was tell them my name, and they let me straight in after they swiped my card. Do you have a friend who could help you keep your place in the queue for you ? while you nip off to try and meet them ?

I started queuing at about 2:30, but went round the side and hung around to meet them. By the time security had bundled Matt into the building, meaning he missed the part of the line where I was (CURSE YOU, SECURITY!), I ran back around. I was shunted a bit further back, but not disastrously, after getting inside, and managing to evacuate my bladder, i was still about 4-5 people from the front.

Hey guys

I'm going to the Manchester gig Sunday- just trying to figure out when i need to start queuing

Not overly bothered about barrier, it will be hell in a small venue, but a few rows from will be good.

I'm thinking 2- reckon that is plausible?