Just a theory, but:

We know Mr Mahurin's stateside, probably meeting up with Muse with the artwork, and then soon after we find Muse are meeting with a guy from Apple. Apple have used Muse artwork in the past - and if the streaming service from Apple is going to be released in June, and the Album is going to be released in June - then perhaps they could be wanting the art simply for adverts to keep them "up to date".

Just a theory, but:

We know Mr Mahurin's stateside, probably meeting up with Muse with the artwork, and then soon after we find Muse are meeting with a guy from Apple. Apple have used Muse artwork in the past - and if the streaming service from Apple is going to be released in June, and the Album is going to be released in June - then perhaps they could be wanting the art simply for adverts to keep them "up to date".

Perhaps they are wanting to stream the album beforehand, without the artwork, and then releasing the usual CD, CD+DVD, Boxset etc that they usually do, and saving the artwork exclusively for that.

Do not be a sellout now? F' Apple, not them? Stick with their roots? Delusional much?

Almost from the very start, Muse have had a great relationship with (just like Muse, then small and now big) Apple ... Regardless, if you love or hate them, or if for some of you, Apple may be doing some things the wrong way (or not your way) for their love of music, but who is perfect? Apple saw the potential almost from the very start ... the great Sunburn ..

sulGfP56h2g

Do not be a sellout now? F' Apple, not them? Stick with their roots? Delusional much?

Almost from the very start, Muse have had a great relationship with (just like Muse, then small and now big) Apple ... Regardless, if you love or hate them, or if for some of you, Apple may be doing some things the wrong way (or not your way) for their love of music, but who is perfect? Apple saw the potential almost from the very start ... the great Sunburn ..

sulGfP56h2g

Here's a word to some of you, from Muse: F' you Johnny come-lately delusional Muse fans! ;) jk. Peace.

:)

sulGfP56h2g

I personally don't mind so-called "selling out" or doing things for big corporations. It only gets annoying when the lyrics and the themes of songs run directly counter to that and make it hypocritical.

There's plenty of evidence. For a start they're playing Download festival so the audience will kill them if they pull out something like TSL or TR. And then there's that interview where matt talked about trying to write songs in the style of Origin of Symmetry again and how he's come around on the guitar solo idea

You're forgetting that this is the band who played Undisclosed Desires at a RATM gig.

If the teaser image is counting down to Monday, could it not just be for the release of the single? As we all know, Mondays are the standard day for single releases, so they could launch it any way they want, likely by premiering the music video through YouTube. The fact that the Apple conference is on the same day is probably just a massive coincidence.

With the suggested themes of the album, and supposed "offensive" nature of the new single, I doubt they'd perform at the conference. All this other stuff that's going on could just be them sorting out stuff in the background in perpetration for the single/album launch.

I know it sounds pedantic, but I've been meaning to point it out: how do we even know that Milan Strings was for a Muse song?

Could it be they were just watching a string section record a piece for some entirely different project? In that case, it was just a massive wind up to get to all the fans who have been anticipating a three-piece record with just guitar, bass and drums.

I know it may be a little ridiculous but it's been nagging at me in the back of my mind.