what is the point of preordering generally? I know sometimes you get extra goodies but for a digital good that's not going to sell out and you can buy it on the day it's out anyway why would you buy it three months in advance?

Digital good may have bonus stuff that will be removed/unavailable come actual release date.

I'm hoping something involving Zepp or maybe a b-side. A making of would be cool too, just not as exciting.

Does anyone know how to access synced songs with the Deezer app? It's there, offline on my iPhone. I just can't access it with the app itself, it's still blocked in offline mode but it doesn't disappear when I disconnect from the internet. If it unlocks within a few hours without internet, it has to be available now somewhere on my phone, isn't it? :LOL:

Not sure how iOS works, is there a file manager for even the cache memory?

what is the point of preordering generally? I know sometimes you get extra goodies but for a digital good that's not going to sell out and you can buy it on the day it's out anyway why would you buy it three months in advance?

The point is that record companies secure your money in advance of you being able to get the product for free, illegally.

Or hear it and decide you don't like it, anyways.

For some media, pre-orders are used to help determine how much of a product to actually create, and send out to stores, too.

What do we think about 6PM then, happening or not happing?

Honestly either way it doesn't matter.

Either 6pm or 7:30. Wow an hour and a half less we will be here bullshitting our way around till pre-order becomes live.

Not sure how iOS works, is there a file manager for even the cache memory?

There's this thing called iFile, which gives you access to a lot more than Apple and app makers want you to, but I'm afraid it won't work this time. It's also a bit wrong and not really legal I suppose. :LOL:

The point is that record companies secure your money in advance of you being able to get the product for free, illegally.

For some media, pre-orders are used to help determine how much of a product to actually create, and send out to stores, too.

Preordering is terrible and has ruined the video game industry, as well as most industries that rely on it. I don't care about the reasons behind it, I'll buy my vinyl copy on release day and hope it comes with a digital copy, if it doesn't, I just download it through other means.

the 6pm youtube video is happening, I'm not sure why people are arguing. It was originally on .mu before the news article got taken down.

That would hint at the 6pm video not happening, since the news now says that it'll be up at 7.30pm..

i may be wrong but i feel like every single has leaked. will this be the first one that hasn't? are we making progress in the leak world? (assuming we make it another 75 minutes without a leak)

Record labels have gotten way better at containing leaks. Every now and then one leaks like months before like The Pale Emperor or Vulnicura, but it's rare to see leaks in that 2-5 week range anymore. Singles rarely leak.

What's said above, and I like to preorder to make sure I don't forget to order it the day it comes out or something haha.

I like the artwork because it's prototypical Muse but it gives me reservations because this whole album seems contrived so far. But I like the artwork. So whatever.

I think I've been pretty negatively influenced on the "politics" of this album since Sayer started talking about it.

Matt's "description" also just felt like an attempt to shove the words "drone" and "psycho" into one paragraph the most times possible while still (sort of) getting his point across.

It's not that I don't believe there's validity to the subject, I'm just really worried about how it's being dealt with in the songs; especially if it's truly a concept album, doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room.

What the picture is saying is rather shallow, and isn't as edgy as it's trying to be.

Also, as someone else said better than I can, it's not aesthetically pleasing in the layout, and looks like several art styles mashed together.

Record industries have gotten way better at containing leaks. Every now and then one leaks like months before like The Pale Emperor or Vulnicura, but it's rare to see leaks in that 2-5 week range anymore.

Yea I got pale emperor when it leaked (i like it, too). It's cool to see it under control. Not because leaks really bother me but I think it messes with the hype.

Yeah I get how they can benefit from it but what is the incentive for the consumer if it doesn't come with anything extra?

I think I've been pretty negatively influenced on the "politics" of this album since Sayer started talking about it.

Matt's "description" also just felt like an attempt to shove the words "drone" and "psycho" into one paragraph the most times possible while still (sort of) getting his point across.

It's not that I don't believe there's validity to the subject, I'm just really worried about how it's being dealt with in the songs; especially if it's truly a concept album, doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room.

What the picture is saying is rather shallow, and isn't as edgy as it's trying to be.

Also, as someone else said better than I can, it's not aesthetically pleasing in the layout, and looks like several art styles mashed together.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Matt has shown to actually be aware of these topics he discusses though, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.