Tbh I don't understand the point of music radio in 2015.

Yes this, couldn't be more right. Music is so diverse now and so easily available your much better listening to your own stuff. The only radio I listen to is talk sport as they don't play music and talk about sport, planet rock can be alright but is proper dad rock (which is fine by me) although they do play a lot of muse actually. Equally I don't see the point of bashing radio stations too much as everyone had their own tastes although Jeremy vine on radio 2 is the worst thing ever (note I said thing and not radio show) I have never found anyone who likes it, when some sad shit had it on at work I have actually heard him taking about spiders acting in groups and rampaging loft spaces and asking callers to ring in about life changing injuries caused in car crashes coming home from festivals. Now seriously who would want to listen to that!!!!

Edit for massive lol: can't believe someone above just commented they only listen to Jeremy vine hahaha :LOL:

You couldn't write the stuff that goes on it this forum!

I envy my friends who seem perfectly content listening to Radio 1 when we're driving somewhere. I would legitimately rather sit in silence. That really annoying thing the Djs do when they talk over a track and just in general the crap that get's played.

That said, I'm kind of glad they axed Muse from their rotation, if Madness or Panic Station came on i'm sure a pal of mine would be all like "isn't this that band you like so much" and I'd have to sheepishly admit it was, feeling their judgement forever.

Tbh I don't understand the point of music radio in 2015.

it can be handy to give up-and-coming local bands a good "guaranteed" platform if the radio station has a good reputation in that regard - triple j in australia is a pretty good example of that.