Royal Blood just added a show in Buffalo NY on August 1st.

That's so freaking far away man

EDIT: ZOMG 9:30 Club on June 6 ZOMG

So how do I sign up for presale tickets?

Edited by Cider

So proud. This is how it should be done.

It turns out that both are regular spaced, and I need a F-spaced bridge pickup :facepalm: Should I leave it? I'm not sure just how much the pole pieces being slightly off will affect the sound, but it definitely sounds more like it's supposed to with these.

Are they legit original pickups in the one that has the right string spacing?

It's possible the original Ovation pickups were both spaced the same on bridge and neck?

I'd think it unlikely you have two neck pickups?

Edit: this one appears to have a narrow spaced bridge pickup for example

http://guitarz.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/ovation-ultra-gp.html

Edited by Jaicen

Are they legit original pickups in the one that has the right string spacing?

It's possible the original Ovation pickups were both spaced the same on bridge and neck?

I'd think it unlikely you have two neck pickups?

Edit: this one appears to have a narrow spaced bridge pickup for example

http://guitarz.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/ovation-ultra-gp.html

Both are legit originals - the seller said they were pulled from this other guitar (a westbury of some sort), and supposedly you could only get the creme plastic covered ones if you were a manufacturer.

Technically, there isn't a super 2 set. They were recommended as neck pickups (to be paired with the super distortion bridge pickup) but you can get the F spaced version like I did before.

And that's really interesting. Maybe my other one is actually an eastwood reissue in disguise....they did seem inconsistent though. They were built at two different factories for one thing

So I finally pre-ordered the new RB's album. Hopefully I'll get a presale code and tickets for the 9:30 show. I tried to ask a few coworkers to go with me and they were all like "Who's Royal Blood?"

:facepalm:

I had a coworker tell me they were "alright" when he saw them open for Foo Fighters :stunned: Granted he enjoys more technical stuff like Dream Theater and Alter Bridge, but still..

edit: just found this for anyone interested https://reverb.com/news/interview-troy-van-leeuwen-and-the-new-queens-of-the-stone-age-reverb-shop

Edited by bridge

Which of the Royal Blood NY shows are you planning to go to, James? I'm for sure gonna go to the DC one.

Been talking back and forth with a Sweetwater "sales engineer" on purchasing the Gretsch G2220. He's really nice & patient, especially when you take into account the $300 guitar. Makes me wonder why people would want to shop at IVG ever :facepalm:

Both are legit originals - the seller said they were pulled from this other guitar (a westbury of some sort), and supposedly you could only get the creme plastic covered ones if you were a manufacturer.

Technically, there isn't a super 2 set. They were recommended as neck pickups (to be paired with the super distortion bridge pickup) but you can get the F spaced version like I did before.

And that's really interesting. Maybe my other one is actually an eastwood reissue in disguise....they did seem inconsistent though. They were built at two different factories for one thing

So they're a pair of neck pickups? That kinda makes sense if they're both narrow spaced?

Edit: This one? http://www.westburyguitars.com/westbury-tn-2000.html

Which of the Royal Blood NY shows are you planning to go to, James? I'm for sure gonna go to the DC one.

Been talking back and forth with a Sweetwater "sales engineer" on purchasing the Gretsch G2220. He's really nice & patient, especially when you take into account the $300 guitar. Makes me wonder why people would want to shop at IVG ever :facepalm:

If I did, it would be the festival. I'm hoping they'll play a normal venue in NYC, but I think it's unlikely at this point

And yes, they have great customer service. That's probably the only online US dealer I buy stuff from unless it's something really specific.

So they're a pair of neck pickups? That kinda makes sense if they're both narrow spaced?

Edit: This one? http://www.westburyguitars.com/westbury-tn-2000.html

Sort of. They were meant to be paired with the super distortion, but they can be used in both positions, hence the F spaced model.

And I think they were pulled from a standard, but none of the ones I've seen have the special covered ones.

I'd say that's worth it if you get back a great playing guitar, they weren't exactly expensive.

Edit: Relative to your usual high end purchases I mean :facepalm:

They're on their way back now. Not exactly cheap, but since these were parts guitars, I wanted to get them sorted properly... you know, since I was the one who assembled them. :facepalm: But it didn't seem like there were any surprises at least.

I just need to find someone I can trust with that ovation. It's all good as far as restoration goes, but it doesn't play well at all. On a somewhat related note, I think that reverb store goes live tomorrow... exciting times...

Also, this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npHsnkLkJlY

Anyone going to attempt getting tickets for the Royal Blood gig tomorrow? Hopefully some kind person records any new songs they play :awesome:

I imagine they'll just play those three new songs that we've already heard. The two that were released, and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDMw3iXFnxg

No doubt there'll be at least 20 videos of each song on YouTube and at least 30 snapchat stories

Still upset about not being put on their mailing list? It could be worse... you could pay to get a fan club membership and never be accepted to the official Facebook group.

Anyone have and compressor pedal recommendations aside from the obvious Keeley choices?

I've really only used the MXR dyna comp and the new Friedman one. Can't remember much about the MXR, but the Friedman seemed a bit... I don't know...it did what it was supposed to, and then a lot of other things that weren't really useful

Damn, GA Royal Blood tickets are only $25 a pop. Do they usually do VIP meet & greet stuff?

Not on their first US tour, or at least from what I gathered, but radio stations will occasionally run contests like that. I was in line two hours early because I worked right down the road from the venue they played, so they chatted with me in passing for a few.