If you actually pay someone to fix it, then it's not a good deal. What's wrong with the main board?

If you want it for parts though, it's probably a pretty good deal assuming the transformers are sound. You could build a tasty custom head using the chassis etc.

If you actually pay someone to fix it, then it's not a good deal. What's wrong with the main board?

If you want it for parts though, it's probably a pretty good deal assuming the transformers are sound. You could build a tasty custom head using the chassis etc.

Bias drift. Apparently a common problem with the earlier ones.

And I don't know. It's a pretty straightforward fix (provided nothing else is wrong), but I'm leaning towards no.

Also, do you recognize this? #BlastFromThePast

bOeX2MI.jpg

Right, so you need this: http://www.drtube.com/online-store/dr.tube/dr.tube-jcm2000-stable-bias-bare-kit/47-391

I'm leaning towards don't bother though, unless you really need another DSL.

And nope, don't know what that is sorry.

Didn't know that was an option. I would've done that for my last DSL, but it was a bit too late. I wouldn't buy it and keep it in stock form anyway - I'd get rid of that resonance switch for one thing (make it fixed, but with a different value).

It was a good ten years ago. Someone on here made loads of those, and a few other pedals including one called the lemon fuzz which was the most popular

It's a good sounding pedal - fuzz face based with a saturation (???) control and a boost switch (which does nothing that I can hear... could be the same as the animato toggle switch :shifty: )

These have nothing against sludgymuff of course.

Didn't know that was an option. I would've done that for my last DSL, but it was a bit too late. I wouldn't buy it and keep it in stock form anyway - I'd get rid of that resonance switch for one thing (make it fixed, but with a different value).

It was a good ten years ago. Someone on here made loads of those, and a few other pedals including one called the lemon fuzz which was the most popular

It's a good sounding pedal - fuzz face based with a saturation (???) control and a boost switch (which does nothing that I can hear... could be the same as the animato toggle switch :shifty: )

These have nothing against sludgymuff of course.

I'm sure, it doesn't have fluorescent knobs for a start. Does the Sludgy actually get used? I've built several pedals for people that were desperate for something, then found they didn't actually like what they'd asked for, including a full on high spec Univibe build with stacked Panasonic film caps. :$

I actually quite like the idea of building a proper DSL100, but time and money suggests it's not happening. I'd probably put in two 1959 preamps in :facepalm:

I'm sure, it doesn't have fluorescent knobs for a start. Does the Sludgy actually get used? I've built several pedals for people that were desperate for something, then found they didn't actually like what they'd asked for, including a full on high spec Univibe build with stacked Panasonic film caps. :$

I actually quite like the idea of building a proper DSL100, but time and money suggests it's not happening. I'd probably put in two 1959 preamps in :facepalm:

Yeah I used it today actually. Sounds best in silicon mode with the tone control engaged.

Having said that, I much prefer the op amp big muffs.

And why two of the same preamps?

They've completely skipped here.

Where is here? They're playing at my old college town too :awesome: last year they played a secret show at the same venue - obviously I didn't hear about it until the day after :facemelt:

These look like small club shows for the album promo though. No doubt they'd do a bigger arena tour next year. The DC location has a full capacity of only 1200 - I really want to go to that show.

Edited by Cider

Been playing with the metal zone a bit today, and it's not actually that bad. Some settings are absolutely horrible though :LOL:

Yeah, the mid freq should never have been able to go past where it is at 12'o'clock. Then we wouldn't have so many bad sounding metalheads or had to listen to metalheads bitching about it because they haven't worked out how to turn a knob.

Been playing with the metal zone a bit today, and it's not actually that bad. Some settings are absolutely horrible though :LOL:

Did you put the midrange on -11?

Has anybody here learned this lesson? Don't ever buy one piece of gold hardware just because it's cheap. You'll be buying it all eventually.

Just need the dunlop strap buttons and switch screws :stunned:

Yeah, if you change one piece out, it will upset everything and you'll have to balance it out again.

There's only one guitar that can pull off a chrome/gold hardware mix anyway :awesome:

Any news on the arrival of your guitar?

Has anybody here learned this lesson? Don't ever buy one piece of gold hardware.

Fixed.

Yeah I used it today actually. Sounds best in silicon mode with the tone control engaged.

Having said that, I much prefer the op amp big muffs.

And why two of the same preamps?

Why wouldn't you want two 1959 preamps? I'd have one for 'sparkly clean' and another for crunch with a parallel/series option on the two inputs.

Yeah, the mid freq should never have been able to go past where it is at 12'o'clock. Then we wouldn't have so many bad sounding metalheads or had to listen to metalheads bitching about it because they haven't worked out how to turn a knob.

It takes a fair bit of fiddling to get something good. On it's own doesn't sound amazing, it's better with another gain pedal to warm the sound up a bit, but not add much more gain. You're definitely right about the mid freq control :LOL:.

Did you put the midrange on -11?

Yeah, but it didn't make me sound like simon neil :(.

Where is here? They're playing at my old college town too :awesome: last year they played a secret show at the same venue - obviously I didn't hear about it until the day after :facemelt:

The place that irn bru comes from. I'm kind of tempted to drive to the gig in Manchester, even though it'd be really impractical.

It takes a fair bit of fiddling to get something good. On it's own doesn't sound amazing, it's better with another gain pedal to warm the sound up a bit, but not add much more gain. You're definitely right about the mid freq control :LOL:.

As its a Boss pedal, its probably worth looking into mods as they tend to use cheaper parts. But yeah, I did find it hard to get hard the tinny transistoryness, never tried it with my JMP though, although its still noticeable in Simon Neil's sound.

Although regarding modding Boss pedals, recently got hold of an old DF2 and preferred it over my modded DS1, which I ended up selling.

As its a Boss pedal, its probably worth looking into mods as they tend to use cheaper parts. But yeah, I did find it hard to get hard the tinny transistoryness, never tried it with my JMP though, although its still noticeable in Simon Neil's sound.

Although regarding modding Boss pedals, recently got hold of an old DF2 and preferred it over my modded DS1, which I ended up selling.

There was a video for a mod to make it sound like a VH4 on here a while ago, need to find that again. I've been putting a zvex distortron with the gain set at minimum after the mt-2 which adds a bit of high end back and makes it less transistory (and since it's meant to sound like a JTM 45 it kind of makes up for me using a vox amp for this sort of sound). It doesn't sound exactly like biffy songs, but it's close enough to have a lot of fun with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5A-Xp93SIQ

Good timing for this video.

Edited by nerd herd

Damn, I was worried that was going to be about something else. No big deal.

I don't know what to think of that. I don't know much about bonamassa, but he seems like a dick for basically saying "I know where this stolen guitar is, but I'm not telling you"